Sand Through glass needs stunbreak priority

Terrorhuz.4695

2 hours ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Oh for kittens sake, so they made that nerf and still this is an issue? 😞

Really bad, I would have hoped any change would prioritise this, it's always been the worst aspect of the skill.

It's not a nerf, it's actually a great skill now. With sword ambush it's 1.25s evade and 900 range disengage, it's absolutely great. I just can't use it reactively, unlike other stunbreaks (decoy, well of precognition, whatever)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It's not a nerf, it's actually a great skill now. With sword ambush it's 1.25s evade and 900 range disengage, it's absolutely great. I just can't use it reactively, unlike other stunbreaks (decoy, well of precognition, whatever)

That's a fair point, I hadn't considered immediate sword mobility which is great.

I suppose am annoyed because often I could save the mirror for a short time and use when needed if staying in close range eg in axe, spreading out the evade.

A nice thing would be if they also remove mirrors from crystal sands and false oasis, but then make a new trait that causes all deception skills to generate a mirror.

That or give sand through glass 2 charges like a normal dodge, and certainly make it take priority over other skills in use.

• Like 3

Just now, Curunen.8729 said:

that or give sand through glass 2 charges like a normal dodge, and certainly make it take priority over other skills in use.

I mean, it's a stunbreak with a dodge like lightning reflexes, but it has uses. The easiest one is that of a normal stunbreak, ok, but you also get to dodge back into sword ambush for a fat disengage, and also with IH you can use it for a fast "roll-back-then-cleave" kind of action, with you and all your clones dropping a fat lazer beam on your target.... and with self deception you also get an additional clone for fat cleave (so... kind of like mirage ambush, except you actually get to use it instead of being teleported to some useless place without LoS)

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I mean, it's a stunbreak with a dodge like lightning reflexes, but it has uses. The easiest one is that of a normal stunbreak, ok, but you also get to dodge back into sword ambush for a fat disengage, and also with IH you can use it for a fast "roll-back-then-cleave" kind of action, with you and all your clones dropping a fat lazer beam on your target.... and with self deception you also get an additional clone for fat cleave (so... kind of like mirage ambush, except you actually get to use it instead of being teleported to some useless place without LoS)

Lighting reflexes is on a 24s cooldown and it also gives vigor... can you argue that a mirage cloak at the end of it is equal to 6 extra seconds of cooldown plus 10s of vigor...?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

can you argue that a mirage cloak at the end of it is equal to 6 extra seconds of cooldown plus 10s of vigor...?

10s of vigor is 25 bonus endurance somewhere in the future; mirage cloak is an entire dodge, so... 50 endurance right now? I'd take that any day of the week.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I wouldn't mind if other ambushes were worth the predictability of using up the second evade frame immediately.

Trident may be the other instance where it's nice to get immediate stun with IH at a nice range given awkward movement underwater.

Yeah it's not bad, and certainly removes any location requirement to get that evade which is somewhat a good thing. Here I wonder if this is a trial to remove mirrors altogether, because now it's only on 2 skills, and desert distortion is a gimmick that should also probably go. I can accept if they will go that route as it probably should have been from the start.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To be honest Mirage turning mirror-less is pretty interesting, as it helps adapt the class to faster modern combat pacing. 

And the only use for Desert Disortion was just the original Alac Mirage tbh. Now that Alac has been separated and no longer works together with it, Desert Distortion really needs a revisit. Freeing it and Phantasmal Axes (why do we need an entire trait dedicated to a single weapon again? could easily be merged with Mirage Mantle now) opens up 2 Master trait slots to become something else.

• Like 2