How to adjust staff warrior correctly

Lonecap.4105

First, nerf Path to Victory co-efficient to 0.9 and buff Rampart Splitter to 0.8.

Secondly - the sustain on staff isn't actually too high, you can see this for yourself if you fight a staff warrior that isn't using spellbreaker. The problem with staff sustain is because of Full Counter, it helps eliminate downtime between staff sustain and stance skills. People have asked for a longer cooldown on FC for a while - I think this is the time to make FC unaffected by Versatile Power, so the cooldown is no longer reduced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

@Lonecap.4105 i think with that move you would actually kill side note staff Warr xd. Cause you allready have "only" 2 skills that actually doing somewhat of dmg on Staff ^^

But also idk...... Still don't know what i would nerf about it. Cause to me the problem seems more to be a "how to Play against tha build issue" then something else ^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1

I think we're still in the phase of people figuring out how to counter stuff and that calls to nerf are a little early.

If Anet did nerf it's raw healing, it would still need support abilities to function in that role. Perhaps on of the healing skills should become barrier instead.

I agree with normalizing the damage on path to victory/rampart splitter, since staff isn't really meant to be a damage weapon. However, I don't know about nerfing full counter when other spellbreaker builds are generally balanced or underperforming. If staff needs further adjustments, I think it would be better to reduce the base healing on its skills while increasing the scaling with healing power, that way it remains viable on support but becomes less of a self-sustain stick for power builds. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Torq.4926 said:

I agree with normalizing the damage on path to victory/rampart splitter, since staff isn't really meant to be a damage weapon. However, I don't know about nerfing full counter when other spellbreaker builds are generally balanced or underperforming. If staff needs further adjustments, I think it would be better to reduce the base healing on its skills while increasing the scaling with healing power, that way it remains viable on support but becomes less of a self-sustain stick for power builds. 

The thing is, staff is pretty balanced on power berserker… it’s only so good on spellbreaker, because full counter eliminates the “downtime” between staff skills and stance CDs.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 12:39 PM, Lonecap.4105 said:

First, nerf Path to Victory co-efficient to 0.9 and buff Rampart Splitter to 0.8.

Secondly - the sustain on staff isn't actually too high, you can see this for yourself if you fight a staff warrior that isn't using spellbreaker. The problem with staff sustain is because of Full Counter, it helps eliminate downtime between staff sustain and stance skills. People have asked for a longer cooldown on FC for a while - I think this is the time to make FC unaffected by Versatile Power, so the cooldown is no longer reduced.

I think just nerfing the dmg on path of victory would be fine, and that’s about it. The weapon feeling strong isn’t necessarily a bad thing it just means it’s a good weapon. 

full counter daze duration can come down also, its annoying fighting it even as another spb

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Confused 1

Idk nerfing FC as it stands wouldn’t justify anything for warrior, warrior already losses access to burst skills outside of combat. And has to fight to get adrenaline back to get things going… I’m no warrior main but I absolutely love staff for support. The point of warrior as it stabds is being able to use abilities in quick succession and any warrior who isn’t quick enough to react to an ever changing fight tends to die. Being able to FC key things is the point of spellbreaker. What would be nice is if it reflects missles or projectiles. While you ask for nerfs, spellbreaker is quite the challenging elite spec to master and comprehend. Compared to some things in the game, and when played support offers some cool fight changing support abilities. And if a player opts into a damage spec while using staff they lose all of its healing for a block and fury and a weird cc. It appears more than balanced at the moment could use buffs 

Staff is not a problem so isn't the build in itself. Peops only don't know how to counterplay Warriors in generel. Besides this its also kind of s noob stomper class .... so it makes sence that it got instantly called out for being too good. 

• Thanks 1

If you want to adjust Staff, only suggests things that adjust Staff.

If you want nerfs to Spellbreaker because you played into Full Counter, just be open about it and don't hide that behind "Staff adjustments".

Full Counter is fine as it is and the rest of Spellbreaker should see a bit of improvement.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If you want to adjust Staff, only suggests things that adjust Staff.

If you want nerfs to Spellbreaker because you played into Full Counter, just be open about it and don't hide that behind "Staff adjustments".

Full Counter is fine as it is and the rest of Spellbreaker should see a bit of improvement.

I have no bias, I main warrior. I think this is like condizerk all over again, where they nerfed savage instinct to try and address czerk, which was only a problem because of rabid amulet+dead or alive+adrenal health. It didn’t really hit the spot and just made power berserker worse.

Staff sustain isn’t so obnoxious if you’re not playing spellbreaker. I wouldn’t want to see staff gutted for all of warrior just because spellbreaker enables due to the class mechanic.

And this change makes FC have a 3 second longer cooldown (far from the end of the world). FC shouldn’t be a spam and fire ability anyway.

@Lonecap.4105dodge shouldn't be spammable, burst shouldn't be spammable, most things that are spammable on diff classes shouldn't be spammable, but they are.

Staff F1 is just broken and bugged at the same time, huge AoE (that's also a mobility skill for some weird reason) heal that heals in AoE too, and applies weakness on top of it. It is the best burst to deal consistent damage on warrior. So, if FC got CD nerfed then every other burst should be updated/buffed. If that won't happen, we shouldn't talk about nerfing anything other than staff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

I have no bias, I main warrior. I think this is like condizerk all over again, where they nerfed savage instinct to try and address czerk, which was only a problem because of rabid amulet+dead or alive+adrenal health. It didn’t really hit the spot and just made power berserker worse.

Staff sustain isn’t so obnoxious if you’re not playing spellbreaker. I wouldn’t want to see staff gutted for all of warrior just because spellbreaker enables due to the class mechanic.

And this change makes FC have a 3 second longer cooldown (far from the end of the world). FC shouldn’t be a spam and fire ability anyway.

If Staff is the issue, touch Staff.

Full Counter wasn't an issue before and it still isn't now. If something got out of hand by adding Staff, the "problem" causing the "issue" obviously would be the newly added thing.

Also, Full Counter is used by people not using Staff. Why would they need to have their experience crippled, if Staff caused the "issue"?

• Like 3

How the f staff warrior is a issue when willbender exists and just got a buff?

Lemme tell you all a secret ... don't tell anyone... DON'T HIT A A SPELLBREAKER WHEN THEY ARE USING FC.

very mega secret all warriors don't want you to know only here subscription and click that ring for more painfully obviously advice.

Edited by GamerToad.9248
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...