"Guys, why did you stop playing?"

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Swell logic there bud. If you dress up a monkey in a football uniform, put him on the field as quarterback, and he fails miserably at every game aspect to the point the rest quit, I'm sure you'd say the others were the problem too. Now make half the team monkeys. Guess why the game was even close?

I can't control matchmaking. They can learn basic game mode mechanics like 2+ on an empty node doesn't make it cap faster / rotation.

Keep deluding yourself with stories about a game you were never in.

Yea sometimes you get questionable people by rng matchmaking.

But if you give up and throw a match your winning or can win even by having them, then you're even more in fault. Because you have the potential to turn tides and gives them/yourself a win but you didn't.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Yea sometimes you get questionable people by rng matchmaking.

It's pretty common, lol.

But if you give up and throw a match your winning or can win even by having them, then you're even more in fault. Because you have the potential to turn tides and gives them/yourself a win but you didn't.

You will never be able to convince me that the person who willfully queues for a team game mode, without knowing how to be a competent teammate, isn't the problem. And instead, the competent teammate who refuses to carry their dead weight further after a breaking point, is. This of course assumes that the person judging them is fair.

What is a stable factor is you in the game the way you play.

If you're ok with how they drag their teams down, then I can phrase my behavior another way. I didn't give up. I grew tired and started playing like them; that is, doing relatively nothing to contribute toward team success.

Everyone is entitled to play how they want, at least solo. In team modes, I'm arguing there is a basic level of competence/knowledge (e.g. rotation, roles, capping, reading the map) that should be expected outside of build and mechanics.

There are plenty of ways to learn this. I've done more than most toward PvP education over the years and written multiple threads about how to either 1) improve matchmaking or 2) support community and learning tools. To me, there is no excuse for this level of incompetency and it's plain rude. Any less-than-pleasant reaction on my part is from years of enduring people like this. And yet people are quick to defend their behavior as we see here. I still enjoy many aspects of the game, but this one sticks out to me as something that should be called out / discussed for anything to improve.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

and yet people are quick to defend their behavior as we see here. 

37 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

You will never be able to convince me that the person who willfully queues for a team game mode, without knowing how to be a competent teammate, isn't the problem.

In the video clip you recorded you show how they waited and after that while even winning you gave up half way of the match and let yourself get killed by doing noting.

So you joined them on incompetence even worse by feeding because probably you were a deciding factor why you were winning by 100 points but gave up. So you became a worse liability halfway the match then them entire match.

Good job, becoming what you fight against 👍

30 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

In the video clip you recorded you show how they waited and after that while even winning you gave up half way of the match and let yourself get killed by doing noting.

So you joined them on incompetence even worse by feeding because probably you were a deciding factor why you were winning by 100 points but gave up. So you became a worse liability halfway the match then them entire match.

Good job, becoming what you fight against 👍

There's a clear difference. I showed up able to contribute meaningfully to my team. They didn't. If you view that as equivalent, then there's no point in discussing further lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

There's a clear difference. I showed up able to contribute meaningfully to my team. They didn't. If you view that as equivalent, then there's no point in discussing further lol.

There is no point in further discussing if you're blind to see that afk'd halfway the match when winning.

Atleast they kept playing, even if it was bad.

You just didn't play anymore which is worse.

Ps. if you afk'd like that in my match when winning, I would have made a screenshot and reported you on the site here 😂👍

This thread is wild.

The only thing I agree with is this:

you were a deciding factor why you were winning by 100 points but gave up

This is true. Always lift. Because the moment you get frustrated and don't lift, this assertion happens, regardless of whether or not people are double capping home or not going where they're needed:

. you became a worse liability halfway the match then them entire match.

Ironically enough, @bethekey.8314, playing a thief made me very familiar with how that match dynamic tends to go. If I don't carry 24/7 I am the first person to get call target and angry messages about where I should be, even if the team is hard feeding at mid and I am winning my matchups at sides.

Nobody wants to talk about that though, they just want to axe the builds that help carry the teams out of these situations, but that's another topic. 

Apart from that,  ??? His whole team was having a dance party at home, excuse me? Getting exasperated makes him the problem? wild. Expected, but wild.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Apart from that,  ??? His whole team was having a dance party at home, excuse me? Getting exasperated makes him the problem? wild. Expected, but wild.

Yea they were throwing, playing bad, I said that before.

But him giving in to and entirely stop playing, which got him ofcourse killed. They might have joined in or not, idk why tf they wait like that.

But he could have atleast held the node or have fled and used them as bait to get killed instead of him. So that way he could go somewhere else instead and hopefully regain back upperhand enough in the match to gain enough points to win.

In the end he was as much of part as the problem because of this sudden behaviour...

Maybe these allies were trolling/throwing for unknown reason idk or just beginners and taking ages to decide to go in or leave.

I think my point is clear

Posted (edited)

Team Comp: 4 literal robots programmed to run to mid and /dance, and me.

In a Herculean effort I manage to 1v4 and we're up in points.

In frustration from seeing my teammates' behavior, I decide it's not worth it or likely that I'll be able to 1v4 the entire match. I give up and we lose.

Forums: You're the problem.

That's these people's logic.

Stay sane, forums.

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Ironically enough, @bethekey.8314, playing a thief made me very familiar with how that match dynamic tends to go. If I don't carry 24/7 I am the first person to get call target and angry messages about where I should be, even if the team is hard feeding at mid and I am winning my matchups at sides.

I'm well aware of the current situation of needing to hyper carry to ensure a win. Farm or be farmed. I enjoy playing different builds though (e.g. support, side node) and believe it shouldn't have to be more difficult for the highest rated player on a team to win on those. The people not expected to carry can play whatever they want and have a decent time. But in dragging down their teammates constantly, they effectively limit the build diversity and ruin the match for the better player. I'm placing the blame squarely on the Hammer War/ Deadeye type players here and I think it's long deserved.

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

OP is starting to give strong Low Tier God vibes--kind of curious to see the full match now, or at least an extended clip to get better idea of what went on here. 

You can't even watch a 1 minute video without making up falsehoods to support whatever side you're on. At this point, I think you're just upset that I called you bad tbh. If it's any consolation, you seem to care more about PvP than the Hammer War / Deadeye. That's worth something.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

You can't even watch a 1 minute video without making up falsehoods to support whatever side you're on. At this point, I think you're just upset that I called you bad tbh. If it's any consolation, you seem to care more about PvP than the Hammer War / Deadeye. That's worth something.

No, no--I see LTG in you because of posts like this:

2 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Team Comp: 4 literal robots programmed to run to mid and /dance, and me.

In a Herculean effort I manage to 1v4 and we're up in points.

You post this stuff unironically without posting any actual video evidence, just a 1-minute edited clip as you point out.  A 1-minute clip of where you didn't even 1v2 let alone 1v4.  

Just reminds me of LTG as its tantrum throwing and it's not the gameplay here even keeping this thread going, it's the underlying (and in some cases outright) toxicity.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:
3 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

You post this stuff unironically without posting any actual video evidence, just a 1-minute edited clip as you point out.  A 1-minute clip of where you didn't even 1v2 let alone 1v4.  

My man can't even tell reality from an exaggerated example to point out flaws in thinking.

You realize I said "literal robots programmed" on purpose right?

Did your parents also use screen shake when you were a baby?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

My man can't even tell reality from an exaggerated example to point out flaws in thinking.

You realize I said "literal robots programmed" on purpose right?

Did your parents also use screen shake when you were a baby?

Yes, yes--exaggerated example.  That was clear to everyone here from the outset, you didn't like what two of your teammates did, so you died in protest despite being "leagues above" in skill level, to illustrate a point.  You could have taken those guys 2v1 then carried on blindfolded to win but you had a bigger metaphorical goal in mind.  I think.   

Also, what is with you and screen shake though--just because you have a sensitivity doesn't mean everyone does lol.  There's literally no difference to me with it on or off, I don't notice it.    

Actually, that's a good metaphor for this entire topic, because (no offense) you seem to be overly sensitive very quickly and start resorting to Ad Hominem's and just other toxic behavior.  To be clear, that's the only reason I brough up LTG earlier as it's the only real 'famous' gaming example I could think of such behavior.  

As it's not just me, you've quoted pretty much anyone and everyone that's responded to this topic and told them in various ways how they are 'wrong'.  I'm not sure you want an open discussion here as much as an echo chamber.  

Anyway, we can let this drop, or you can keep quoting me--I don't mind either way because I just forum surf while waiting for Q's to pop or whatever.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Looks like some bushwackers with their friends on the opposing team helping them out.  Is this wvw or pvp?

PvP, lol.

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

forums got better pvp than the game does holy moly

Thanks I thought that one was good.

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yes, yes--exaggerated example.  That was clear to everyone here from the outset, you didn't like what two of your teammates did, so you died in protest despite being "leagues above" in skill level, to illustrate a point.  You could have taken those guys 2v1 then carried on blindfolded to win but you had a bigger metaphorical goal in mind.  I think.   

Also, what is with you and screen shake though--just because you have a sensitivity doesn't mean everyone does lol.  There's literally no difference to me with it on or off, I don't notice it.    

Actually, that's a good metaphor for this entire topic, because (no offense) you seem to be overly sensitive very quickly and start resorting to Ad Hominem's and just other toxic behavior.  To be clear, that's the only reason I brough up LTG earlier as it's the only real 'famous' gaming example I could think of such behavior.  

As it's not just me, you've quoted pretty much anyone and everyone that's responded to this topic and told them in various ways how they are 'wrong'.  I'm not sure you want an open discussion here as much as an echo chamber.  

Anyway, we can let this drop, or you can keep quoting me--I don't mind either way because I just forum surf while waiting for Q's to pop or whatever.

Idk where you're getting these "pro" or "leagues ahead" quotes from lol. If you believe that the only people that can judge your gameplay as poor / these people in the video as bad are "pros", then I'm sorry to have to break it to you again: many, many non-"pros" are much better than you and are much more tactful in how they respond.

For the screen shake, just lol. If anyone else wants a laugh this is how he plays: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxPGE0biEQpf5ztstEYPZGIRzHdZBGjQSa?feature=shared

As the one who was in the game, yes, I try to respond and correct incorrect assumptions. I also created the thread for discussion. Do you not want me to talk in my own thread?

As for who keeps responding to who, not only did you willingly enter this discussion, you made a thread mimicking my thread, and replied again after I ignored one of your more inane comments about Shortbow lol. You add so little to this thread besides being "that kid" I have to put down time and time again. At least it's entertaining.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

For the screen shake, just lol. If anyone else wants a laugh this is how he plays: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxPGE0biEQpf5ztstEYPZGIRzHdZBGjQSa?feature=shared

I admire trying group hazing tactics when your solo efforts are failing spectacularly.  To make that easier, you could have just referred the video on the front page where I put a positive spin on your incredibly lonely life type of topic--but thanks for the views on one of my older vids. 

As a side point there, that video also had a positive tone to it, as the 'real' part of the title was meant as it was good and competitive.  You can keep focusing on user setting choices if you'd like though, sure you're a real hit with the accessibility crowd too.  

Anyway, I have a feeling you created this thread for discussion about as much as a teenager creates a Twitter thread for discussion.  There's a reason I keep bringing up LTG and there's a reason you keep ignoring it.  You appear to need people to agree with you, and when I didn't in my opening post and instead asked what you did to stop teammates from helping you in a game where you are winning--you attempt to character attack.

Like, the double cap you keep yammering on about could just be that your team expected you to decap and move like a roamer, and not stand there and full cap then throw quite a huge tantrum and 'purposefully die' when they misunderstood what you were actually doing.  That's what I pointed out in my original post before you drug this to almost three pages of attempting to 'body kids' online lol.  

Anyway, little food for thought--you have a Woodstock avi as your YT channel, post nothing but meme vids or vids putting other people down, throw Ad Hom / character attacks out like it's normal (I seriously hope you don't do that IRL), and you attempt to lecture on tact.  

Really though, when the mods wake up, I implore them to lock this topic as it has been nothing but negativity from the outset.  I realize negativity is kind of the modus operandai of the sPvP in general, and I also get your whole troll shtick, but this is going more into harassment territory as you get more wound up.  

I mean I'm sure if they don't, you'll quote me again (and again) to continue this discussion in some effort at digital superiority, but honestly find it kind of sad that someone with almost rank 500 in PvP (which has to be over a thousand hours or many thousand hours in sPvP) still takes to forums to act like this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I admire trying group hazing tactics when your solo efforts are failing spectacularly.  To make that easier, you could have just referred the video on the front page where I put a positive spin on your incredibly lonely life type of topic--but thanks for the views on one of my older vids. 

As a side point there, that video also had a positive tone to it, as the 'real' part of the title was meant as it was good and competitive.  You can keep focusing on user setting choices if you'd like though, sure you're a real hit with the accessibility crowd too.  

Anyway, I have a feeling you created this thread for discussion about as much as a teenager creates a Twitter thread for discussion.  There's a reason I keep bringing up LTG and there's a reason you keep ignoring it.  You appear to need people to agree with you, and when I didn't in my opening post and instead asked what you did to stop teammates from helping you in a game where you are winning--you attempt to character attack.

Like, the double cap you keep yammering on about could just be that your team expected you to decap and move like a roamer, and not stand there and full cap then throw quite a huge tantrum and 'purposefully die' when they misunderstood what you were actually doing.  That's what I pointed out in my original post before you drug this to almost three pages of attempting to 'body kids' online lol.  

Anyway, little food for thought--you have a Woodstock avi as your YT channel, post nothing but meme vids or vids putting other people down, throw Ad Hom / character attacks out like it's normal (I seriously hope you don't do that IRL), and you attempt to lecture on tact.  

Really though, when the mods wake up, I implore them to lock this topic as it has been nothing but negativity from the outset.  I realize negativity is kind of the modus operandai of the sPvP in general, and I also get your whole troll shtick, but this is going more into harassment territory as you get more wound up.  

I mean I'm sure if they don't, you'll quote me again (and again) to continue this discussion in some effort at digital superiority, but honestly find it kind of sad that someone with almost rank 500 in PvP (which has to be over a thousand hours or many thousand hours in sPvP) still takes to forums to act like this. 

Hey man...you've certainly given me a lot to think about.

In retrospect, maybe I was too harsh on you. Poor, shaken boy as you are.

Maybe your very first post in here accusing me of doctoring the video to manipulate responses was in good faith, and deserved respect. I'm sorry.

I assume that's how I'd respond if I read your wall, but I'm kinda tired and getting ready for a trip. So I've tasked ChatGPT to give an actual response, in the form of a 1990s era rap:

Yo, hold up, hold up, let me drop some rhymes on this forum vibe,
Seems like you're taking shots, but I'll keep it live.
Talking 'bout group hazing tactics, but I'm still standing tall,
Your solo efforts may be failing, but mine? They never fall.

You say I'm lonely, but I'm just vibing with my crew,
Positive spins, yeah, that's what we do.
But you keep focusing on negativity, bro, that ain't cool,
You could learn a thing or two, instead of acting like a fool.

I ain't here for no drama, just trying to spread some love,
But you keep coming at me, like a push and a shove.
Talking 'bout accessibility, well, I'm all about that too,
But you keep missing the point, stuck in your own view.

You say I need validation, but I'm standing strong and true,
I don't need approval from the likes of you.
Bringing up LTG like it's some kind of sign,
But I'm just here to drop these rhymes and shine.

You talk about Woodstock, memes, and all that jazz,
But I'm just doing me, no need to cause a fuss.
So when the mods come through, and lock this thread down tight,
Just remember, I'll still be here, shining bright in the night.

So keep on with your hate, your negativity, and your spite,
But I'll be spreading love, like a beacon of light.
Rank 500 in PvP, yeah, I've put in the grind,
But I'm still here on forums, dropping rhymes, all the time.

So let's end this on a high, no need for more strife,
I'll keep doing me, living that rap life.
But if you wanna keep going, well, that's on you,
I'll just be here, doing what I do. Peace out, yo!

Suffice to say, when I get back, you'll pretty much be talking to ChatGPT from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You had some oblivious team mates I agree, but your actions based on frustration of how things should be going (I fully get that, been there), were not lining up with how things were actually going, you walked into, and stayed in that 3v1. The MMR is a complete mess, but a roaming dps can at-least rotate, which gives you a chance of winning. As full support or a group fight build depending more on teamwork, rotating is not possible, and they are even worse builds to play as. All in all, the MMR range is now too wide, Gw2 sPVP is absolute trash.. and thats before class and spec mechanics/weapon issues etc.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

I assume that's how I'd respond if I read your wall, but I'm kinda tired and getting ready for a trip. So I've tasked ChatGPT to give an actual response, in the form of a 1990s era rap:

A 1990s era rap--meaning you have to be over 40 doing this type of thing...amazing.

Suffice to say, when I get back, you'll pretty much be talking to ChatGPT from now on.

I know, because you can't actually handle debate or criticism so you resort into having ChatGPT write boomer raps to diss your opponents 💀.

Better than harassing people I guess.

Anyway, enjoy your trip...hopefully you have family that likes you (or maybe you can have ChatGPT write your convos to make things more tolerable)?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

⬆️
Surprised (maybe not) by the amount of critiques against the OP.
Gaslighting people into:

"What are you taking about? If you keep losing games then let's look at the constant factor, yes, it's you.
The MM is more than fine, you just refuse to bring up the W/L ratio of silvers, you shouldn't be having fun play the game properly. Stop the bad roTatIons!
And the balance is near perfect as well, love to see that every class playstyle is rewarded now. I love playing my bunkers since my favorite cOnqUest roLe is: to never die."

Stay dead sPvP.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

⬆️
Surprised (maybe not) by the amount of critiques against the OP.
Gaslighting people into:

"What are you taking about? If you keep losing games then let's look at the constant factor, yes, it's you.
The MM is more than fine, you just refuse to bring up the W/L ratio of silvers, you shouldn't be having fun play the game properly. Stop the bad roTatIons!
And the balance is near perfect as well, love to see that every class playstyle is rewarded now. I love playing my bunkers since my favorite cOnqUest roLe is: to never die."

Stay dead sPvP.

it do be like this 

unfortunate

• Like 1