Snap Pull is too fast to dodge

38 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

You have no stunbreak while you do pvp????

Do you have stability, block, invurnable to fill the no stunbreak???

If you have none of these above, then it's just a bad build and you're asking to be punished because you play that risky.

Also the pull can be evaded, I have done it myself multiple times but also other times caught. But if caught, I still have stunbreak and stability, not even that much/long stability but enough 

I have defiant stance. I have block on sword 5. Other than that I rely on my copious amount of evades.

19 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I have defiant stance. I have block on sword 5. Other than that I rely on my copious amount of evades.

Well then you have always chance to get cc'd in general, the pull is dodgeable, 1 of the more visible ones also. I mean, there are other cc more annoying and less visible

2 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I want to be able to choose to evade the CC. Mainly because 1 CC often becomes a CC chain, and by the end of it you're dead. If you eat the burst of someone, you might still be alive at the end, just low HP. I play a build which has no space for a stunbreak, so I literally can't afford to get hit with CC at all if it can become a CC chain. I'm not saying that the skill Snap Pull has to change SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF THE BUILD I PLAY. I do strongly believe in counterplay for all abilities.

*rubs temples* Am I missing something critical?

You know stunbreaks are baseline for most pvp, and expecting to fight a warrior (or any class) without one/advocating for a nerf because you're unwilling to take a tool or adjust your build to account for a stricter timing requirement says more about the state of warrior as a whole than it does about snap pull, yeah? You specifically should be aware of this, since much of warrior relies on lockdown to land anything.

Even if we set all of the above aside, the skill is still dodgeable on reaction anyway. It's harder than other ccs, but it should be. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You know stunbreaks are baseline for most pvp,

Since I'm on a roll. How about another hot take: I believe that EITHER 1) All utility skills that don't animation-lock you without also defending in some way, SHOULD be stunbreaks, or 2) There should be no stunbreaks period.

For instance (taking warrior for example): Utility skills that are instant-cast or should be instant-cast such as Berserker Stance, ALL Non-heal SIGNETS, All non-heal Shouts, etc. . . I believe this solution would be good because it would open up a lot more buildcraft without much downside. Your gut reaction may be to think "Wait, then no one would ever die!" Except that as any longtime pvper can tell you, it doesn't matter much if you're able to stunbreak out of something if you have no dodge or other defensive ability to use immediately after. Also, think about the fact that there's not much in pvp that feels worse than breaking out of stun just to be instantly stunned again. You just burned your stunbreak for nothing. This would also make it less of an issue to have builds designed around CCing foes. This has historically been a problem - hence the nerf to almost all CC damage. Additionally, I do think that stuns and stunbreaks are an interesting part of gameplay and buildcraft.

As far as removing all stunbreaks is concerned. I advocate for that because I believe it would highlight the problem builds/skills/traits in the game. After such a change was implemented it would quickly become apparent which CC skills are simply too hard to avoid and need to be removed/reworked/tweaked. In fact, I think the optimal set of changes would be to remove all stunbreaks THEN re-implement the stunbreaks like in my first suggestion so that there are a lot more options for stunbreaks.

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Since I'm on a roll. How about another hot take: I believe that EITHER 1) All utility skills that don't animation-lock you without also defending in some way, SHOULD be stunbreaks, or 2) There should be no stunbreaks period.

For instance (taking warrior for example): Utility skills that are instant-cast or should be instant-cast such as Berserker Stance, ALL Non-heal SIGNETS, All non-heal Shouts, etc. . . I believe this solution would be good because it would open up a lot more buildcraft without much downside. Your gut reaction may be to think "Wait, then no one would ever die!" Except that as any longtime pvper can tell you, it doesn't matter much if you're able to stunbreak out of something if you have no dodge or other defensive ability to use immediately after. Also, think about the fact that there's not much in pvp that feels worse than breaking out of stun just to be instantly stunned again. You just burned your stunbreak for nothing. This would also make it less of an issue to have builds designed around CCing foes. This has historically been a problem - hence the nerf to almost all CC damage. Additionally, I do think that stuns and stunbreaks are an interesting part of gameplay and buildcraft.

As far as removing all stunbreaks is concerned. I advocate for that because I believe it would highlight the problem builds/skills/traits in the game. After such a change was implemented it would quickly become apparent which CC skills are simply too hard to avoid and need to be removed/reworked/tweaked. In fact, I think the optimal set of changes would be to remove all stunbreaks THEN re-implement the stunbreaks like in my first suggestion so that there are a lot more options for stunbreaks.

Ovark cmon man just take a stunbreak. If you have to theoretically overhaul the game twice to highlight the problem you're having we're already way out in the weeds. 

There's faster ccs than snap pull. Realize the source of the problem and correct it. 

• Thanks 3

I did some duels yesterday and I dodged 3 of the 4 and the the other ones, not these 4 I had stability/block for it.

So it's perfectly dodgeable and the more practice, the better.

But really, get a stunbreak or some stability to help with this. Don't be stubborn because you only want to dodge it, the game isn't designed that way. And overhauling it for a few players because they don't want to take options to counter it, it's ridiculous...

50 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The average human reaction time 250 milli seconds. 

Snap Pull has a cast time of 500 milli seconds. 

😉

The average human reaction in GW2 appears to be 2 seconds, if they react at all lol.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@arazoth.7290 i gotta be honest..... you are playing vindicator of course your dodging it xD

Idk what you're saying from there below while I am high in the air ?!?!!!

But tbf, I was talking about a duel while I was on renegade. So I wasn't flying in that duel hehe

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Sad 1