No Skills No Brain Willbender main

elf.9483

7 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

balance things with buffing others ? do you even know how balancing work ,

Did encounter the 2020 patch that nerfed everyone? How many did we lose? Versus players actually going with armor that matched their reaction time, connection time, knowing their class and matching their build and what scale of play they played in?

7 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

bender have everything in the game exept stealth , insane boon uptime and the god kitten alacrity  which ius the most op boon , lots of cleanses , tons of dmg , godlike mobility immunitys , they wont buff other classes so they can be on the same level ,thats the duumbest take u can have , im sorry but bender iss extremly op , simple just  nerf its damage or his block access or mobility , and if its still op slightly change other part of its kit with less mobility , anet want bender to be op sadly but still wvw devs leaving its small groups and roamers out , which make the community very hostile and ruin their experience  , yet they don't wanna do anyhting about it , imagine we get gw3 before bender get touched in wvw , crazy right ?

So are you playing one to see what others are doing against it? What did you see when players fight it? If you don't mind. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

balance things with buffing others ? do you even know how balancing work , bender have everything in the game exept stealth , insane boon uptime and the god kitten alacrity  which ius the most op boon , lots of cleanses , tons of dmg , godlike mobility immunitys , they wont buff other classes so they can be on the same level ,thats the duumbest take u can have , im sorry but bender iss extremly op , simple just  nerf its damage or his block access or mobility , and if its still op slightly change other part of its kit with less mobility , anet want bender to be op sadly but still wvw devs leaving its small groups and roamers out , which make the community very hostile and ruin their experience  , yet they don't wanna do anyhting about it , imagine we get gw3 before bender get touched in wvw , crazy right ?

Alacrity? On a willbender roamer??

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Did encounter the 2020 patch that nerfed everyone? How many did we lose? Versus players actually going with armor that matched their reaction time, connection time, knowing their class and matching their build and what scale of play they played in?

So are you playing one to see what others are doing against it? What did you see when players fight it? If you don't mind. 

Alright this mind sound weird , but here is my story with willbender or more like against willbender, also i dont play willbender on wvw , i play it on pve only so i know how many dashes i can perform and also the immunity and block systeme , i encountered plenty on full power and plenty on cele , so cele is out of the question it doesnt lose hp which is very questionable i guess with 25 second of alacrity uptime and 10 other boons , thats just 20% of the kit btw , i ganged up on him with another power renegade and i was on daze memser , means a lot of huge anti heal with queen relic , now imagine without lol , the guy loses 40 % of his hp and get it back in seconds , hes eating my mirage cloak like its nothing , now here is the interesting part , we fought him for a whole minute then 4 people rushed to help us out cause we had a raid boss in wvw clearly nothing new , then he managed to dash 50 times across the whole continent while using his dashed on me already in that fight , so somehow he dont run out of dashes or his alac uptime make it so he will not , then i just realized that maybe it needs some nerfs ? i mean i dont know if ever played popular games like league of legend kasante that can build full tank and assasinate people and they nerfed him pretty hard tho , also he rooted me and almost os  me in a matter of 3 /4 seconds on cele btw  , also this is included with weakness since i play staff/dagger and i have interupt weakness trait , so the moral of the story , u can duel 3 people at once , ofc not always and u can run away from most situations  , and you can deal tons of damage no matter the build you runing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Random dude.5089 said:

yes alacrity on a willbender roamer 

As in, you're dying to willbenders running Phoenix Protocol instead of Tyrant's Momentum? Is that what you mean?

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Random dude.5089 said:

Alright this mind sound weird , but here is my story with willbender or more like against willbender, also i dont play willbender on wvw , i play it on pve only so i know how many dashes i can perform and also the immunity and block systeme , i encountered plenty on full power and plenty on cele , so cele is out of the question it doesnt lose hp which is very questionable i guess with 25 second of alacrity uptime and 10 other boons , thats just 20% of the kit btw , i ganged up on him with another power renegade and i was on daze memser , means a lot of huge anti heal with queen relic , now imagine without lol , the guy loses 40 % of his hp and get it back in seconds , hes eating my mirage cloak like its nothing , now here is the interesting part , we fought him for a whole minute then 4 people rushed to help us out cause we had a raid boss in wvw clearly nothing new , then he managed to dash 50 times across the whole continent while using his dashed on me already in that fight , so somehow he dont run out of dashes or his alac uptime make it so he will not , then i just realized that maybe it needs some nerfs ? i mean i dont know if ever played popular games like league of legend kasante that can build full tank and assasinate people and they nerfed him pretty hard tho , also he rooted me and almost os  me in a matter of 3 /4 seconds on cele btw  , also this is included with weakness since i play staff/dagger and i have interupt weakness trait , so the moral of the story , u can duel 3 people at once , ofc not always and u can run away from most situations  , and you can deal tons of damage no matter the build you runing.

Thanks for sharing. No I have not done any LOL gaming myself. I do see an uptick in Willies after these threads and then a decline after they drop off. People asked for a long time for an anti-thief build. To me this was Anet's answer. Set up an alt for one after the various threads and found it to be a good chase/catch toon. Also made me see where I was missing tells for my other toons. To those reading, watch more for Willies running with lockdown battle-buddies or in boon groups. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Thanks for sharing. No I have not done any LOL gaming myself. I do see an uptick in Willies after these threads and then a decline after they drop off. People asked for a long time for an anti-thief build. To me this was Anet's answer. Set up an alt for one after the various threads and found it to be a good chase/catch toon. Also made me see where I was missing tells for my other toons. To those reading, watch more for Willies running with lockdown battle-buddies or in boon groups. 

Is Willbender an anti-thief spec? My impression was it was one of the few poor match-ups Willbender has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I don't see it as an anti-thief build. In fact willbender has a notoriously difficult time against daredevils and deadeyes because a lot of wb ports rely on a target and thief has enough stealth access to break targeting. 

Willbender can do similar things to thief but it still pales in comparison largely because willbender cannot stealth and it does not have tools to bring a thief out of stealth. 

.Edit: maybe the fact willbender still gets complained about even without stealth should show anet that thief can work without stealth. Or at least that anet should rework stealth so there is more counterplay to it without fear of crippling thief.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

As in, you're dying to willbenders running Phoenix Protocol instead of Tyrant's Momentum? Is that what you mean?

This used to give alarcrity:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Restorative_Virtues

Don't think you could get that high duration regardless.

That being said I don't trust people on identifying their enemy's builds. Sometimes "I can't one shot them" or "they dodged my super obvious burst" = Cele.

I also know people that run power but valor so they seem deceptively more survivable then it would seem. That also explains the unexpected heals.

But then again are people that run Cele and Valor and 🤢

Though I am curious about the 3-4 second root if that is true. There's a pretty dumb build that can do that but I'm sure nobody else runs it. You on NA Random dude.5089 ?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Nugatory.8920 said:

Is Willbender an anti-thief spec? My impression was it was one of the few poor match-ups Willbender has.

Yes. The one I added to the mix does. It is it's main role and does well against them since it can chase run away builds. It's also a good counter to Nike Wars in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I don't see it as an anti-thief build. In fact willbender has a notoriously difficult time against daredevils and deadeyes because a lot of wb ports rely on a target and thief has enough stealth access to break targeting. 

Willbender can do similar things to thief but it still pales in comparison largely because willbender cannot stealth and it does not have tools to bring a thief out of stealth. 

.Edit: maybe the fact willbender still gets complained about even without stealth should show anet that thief can work without stealth. Or at least that anet should rework stealth so there is more counterplay to it without fear of crippling thief.

Mileage varies maybe? I created a Willie to anti-teef and it does a good job. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Mileage varies maybe? I created a Willie to anti-teef and it does a good job. 

What can I say but that if you're beating deadeyes and daredevils in a clean 1v1 on willbender then they just weren't good deadeyes/daredevils. 🤷

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

This is a typical case os some1 who thinks he knows what he is talking about but not really knows the real broken builds cause he is not on top of things. Yes alacrity on willbender is the best build much better than the other ones that the other build websites for soloroaming.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XECOR.2814 said:

This is a typical case os some1 who thinks he knows what he is talking about but not really knows the real broken builds cause he is not on top of things. Yes alacrity on willbender is the best build much better than the other ones that the other build websites for soloroaming.

You'll have to forgive me. Considering the willbender complaints here are: high mobility, high damage spikes, high boon output, it seems most people here seem to think a cele willbender and a power willbender are the same thing. 

With that said, running cele willbender (and by extension Phoenix protocol) is garbage. Power willbender is where the real gaming is at (and also what produces the most rage quits from people around here when they die instantly and don't understand why they died on their camp flipping pve builds).

But don't be mad that I'm calling cele willbender garbage though. All cele builds are garbage and should be deleted from the game. But if you are gonna play cele, play a better cele build like harb, cata/tempest or vindicator instead of CeLe WiLlbEnDeR.

If you are dying to Cele willbender, please, just play a better build. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Willbender should not have any way near the defence it have while having the damage it have.

cele willbender is strong and might need a bit nerf but it also can remain as it is without breaking smal scale.

Maurader\zerker willbender is Op on a level never before seen in smal scale wvw only sa thief works vs a good one making it the spec with least amount of counters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

Post a video of you holding alacrity  uptime on wb. 

Like, not even a fight. Just maintaining  that boon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Willbender should not have any way near the defence it have while having the damage it have.

cele willbender is strong and might need a bit nerf but it also can remain as it is without breaking smal scale.

Maurader\zerker willbender is Op on a level never before seen in smal scale wvw only sa thief works vs a good one making it the spec with least amount of counters.

Baby, just play cele vindicator. No need to worry about power damage when you have:

-33% strike damage reduction from protection, -15% strike damage reduction from unyielding devotion and -10% strike damage reduction from determined resolution. And all that without even accounting for -10% damage reduction food.

Enjoy

Edit: oh and if you take close quarters there's yet another (lmao) -10% strike damage reduction to damage beyond 360 range. 

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, randomusername.9015 said:

Lol. Willbender does not beat D/P or DE thief, not even close. Or maybe you are NA player?

Yes, and I usually use a Warrior so it gets even worse than you think. Hence why I usually post when most classes are called out. A lot of players call for nerfs not due to a class but you actually ran into a good player that would have beat another on any class. So how many Willies have you run into that won just due to the class? I have seen a lot of Willie that are just bad personally so its not the class that wins the fight. 

Or if you have played it and know what's OP, head to the class forums. You will note I don't post counters there. 

Edit: lol Do you have signatures off? You won't be able to have roamer dance offs if you don't share who and where you are.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: NA Maybe?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

Have had Willie that kill me, also killed a good number of them on various builds. Again while playing them, too many people don't see the indicators and stand in the rings. They grow worse in larger fights and when teamed with lockdown builds. So if you are playing them and want to raise class issues versus generalizations, that is the goal of the class subforums.  We get enough general complaints here versus suggestions that I don't doubt blame devs for not visiting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/8/2024 at 4:59 PM, Nugatory.8920 said:

I can't speak for others, but yes for me. When I built mine after release and thread posts I found it did well against other mobile classes. I leave it as an alt when I run into a server that is heavy thieves. I don't main a given class and have about 3 of each class set for WvW that I pull from based on what's up. I have a goto War when grumpy though for a overall mix build that fits situations if roaming, Havoc, or typemanding that my server mates will see me on most. But I have had 25+ WvW toons to choose from since when I face a build that did awesome in roaming I try and reverse theory craft to understand how to counter next time and then leave it in play for various roles and who what and why is going on. Its also why FW2 posters might see me come back and ask questions if they did the same. I like balance. I dislike nerfs without players understanding what they fought and have to ask, was it the player? The build? Or build versus your build? These are all different. But mileage varies as I have seen overtime. Not sure this helps, but you asked so I thought I would share as I ask others to do. Good hunting!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

What can I say but that if you're beating deadeyes and daredevils in a clean 1v1 on willbender then they just weren't good deadeyes/daredevils. 🤷

🙂 It's worse. I don't default to Willie if teefs are an issue, its just  a good backup go to.

I defend Teefs when not on Willie. I ask others why not try Willie to counter if you are having issues. Mind you when having issues with teef, as  Havoc/Roamer I create builds to counter. Too many players don't and just go with nerf cards. Not a fan of that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yes, and I usually use a Warrior so it gets even worse than you think. Hence why I usually post when most classes are called out. A lot of players call for nerfs not due to a class but you actually ran into a good player that would have beat another on any class. So how many Willies have you run into that won just due to the class? I have seen a lot of Willie that are just bad personally so its not the class that wins the fight. 

Or if you have played it and know what's OP, head to the class forums. You will note I don't post counters there. 

Edit: lol Do you have signatures off? You won't be able to have roamer dance offs if you don't share who and where you are.

I'm EU. And yes, ofc you have to push buttons as wb. Guy in video mostly down garbo that don't react and unload whole burst at once (which is playstyle vs garbo players). 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1