Legendary equipment - Add the missing pieces

What do you want most as next legendary equipment piece?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want most as next legendary equipment piece?

• Aquatic Headgear
    • Infusion
    • Enrichment
    • Jade bot: Sensor Array
    • Jade bot: Service Module
    • Gathering tools
    • Glyphs (for gathering tools)
    • Fishing rod (+ introducing special rod properties)
    • Fishing lure (+ introducing special lure properties)

Legendary 50 slot inventory bag that has 5x10 sections of customizable bag slots - being able to select a trait (like invisible, crafting mats, consumables go in here etc) for each section of 10 slots as well as being able to apply dyes to the backgrounds of each section of 10 slots to color-mark them so you know which slots you gave which function (or just to make a happy rainbow inventory). Yes, one can dream 😄

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Some of these won't ever be legendaries as they make previous items obsolete and would give advantages other players would not have access to (most noteably the fishing rod edit: and infusions/enrichments) Also with gathering tools we have unbrakebale tools via the gemstore, I doubt anet will make legendary items that could affect a part of their revenue.

Edit: rest seem viable. I myself would prefer Aquatic Headgear first since its the only armour gear we do not have legendary of yet

Edited by Dibit.6259
added more
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Some of these won't ever be legendaries as they make previous items obsolete and would give advantages other players would not have access to (most noteably the fishing rod.) Also with gathering tools we have unbrakebale tools via the gemstore, I doubt anet will make legendary items that could affect a part of their revenue.

Edit: rest seem viable. I myself would prefer Aquatic Headgear first since its the only armour gear we do not have legendary of yet

So how would you see legendary infusions as viable?

I mean, there's diferent types of infusions like WvW and fractal infusions, then there's infusions that come with a special effect. And for a full set you'd need 20 or 24 (depending on whether or not you include underwater weapons). So how cost-prohibitive should they be?

I'm really just struggling to see it but perhaps you have some good ideas about this and how it should work.

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

So how would you see legendary infusions as viable?

I mean, there's diferent types of infusions like WvW and fractal infusions, then there's infusions that come with a special effect. And for a full set you'd need 20 or 24 (depending on whether or not you include underwater weapons). So how cost-prohibitive should they be?

I'm really just struggling to see it but perhaps you have some good ideas about this and how it should work.

Yeah I saw the mistake in that and edited my post after.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Some of these won't ever be legendaries as they make previous items obsolete and would give advantages other players would not have access to (most noteably the fishing rod edit: and infusions/enrichments)

Isn't that what legendaries already do? Provide access to things that other players don't have access to unless they go and do that specific content? See: Leadership and dungeon runes being on legendary runes; Living World and expansion stats like Diviner's and Ritualist's; rings and backpacks with full infusion slots without having to do fractals to infuse them; and so on. I don't get how legendary fishing rods, infusions and enrichments would be any different.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I wonder if legendary gathering tools would be acceptable if their crafting process got easier the more infinite gathering tools you 'smelted' into them. Let's say someone has 3 infinite tools on each of their 12 characters for a total of 36 (not sure if that's an extreme number or if there's people that have that) - smelting them would skip like 99% of the crafting process of the legendary gathering tools. Or if you have a total of like 6 infinite tools across 2 chars, smelting them may skip lets say 20% or so of the crafting process. Really just guesswork numbers, devs would have to decide what's appropriate (possibly from statistics of how many are owned by players on average and on the high end). With a minimum requirement of 1 infinite gathering tool being smelted in the process to make per legendary (so 1x pickaxe, 1x logging, 1x gathering tool) - which I'd say is fair since it doesn't require the gemstore to aquire them as you can target farm Black Lion Statuettes through Black Lion Keys from map completion or the guaranteed ones on personal story to obtain them.

Just throwing the idea out there if something like that would make the introduction of legendary gathering tools acceptable for people that have multiple sets of infinite tools already. Though fully expecting lots of confused emojis x)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

I wonder if legendary gathering tools would be acceptable if their crafting process got easier the more infinite gathering tools you 'smelted' into them. Let's say someone has 3 infinite tools on each of their 12 characters for a total of 36 (not sure if that's an extreme number or if there's people that have that) - smelting them would skip like 99% of the crafting process of the legendary gathering tools. Or if you have a total of like 6 infinite tools across 2 chars, smelting them may skip lets say 20% or so of the crafting process. Really just guesswork numbers, devs would have to decide what's appropriate (possibly from statistics of how many are owned by players on average and on the high end). With a minimum requirement of 1 infinite gathering tool being smelted in the process to make per legendary (so 1x pickaxe, 1x logging, 1x gathering tool) - which I'd say is fair since it doesn't require the gemstore to aquire them as you can target farm Black Lion Statuettes through Black Lion Keys from map completion or the guaranteed ones on personal story to obtain them.

Just throwing the idea out there if something like that would make the introduction of legendary gathering tools acceptable for people that have multiple sets of infinite tools already. Though fully expecting lots of confused emojis x)

Sorry, you don't get a confused emoji from me because I like your idea. 😅  Though I do have to say my first preference would be for a leggy aquabreather and my second one would be for leggy accessories in WvW. Your idea would definitely be my third choice. It's a good idea. Oh, and I am surprised that aquabreathers came in first on the poll, given all the sentiment on this forum against underwater combat.

Think the reason aquabreather is nr1 even though underwater is frowned upon, is cause it's the only gear slot that still can't be legendary. Just more satisfying to have every piece be legendary than to have that one slot missing, for completionists - regardless of how much practical use that one slot has.

• Like 3

Personally, I want a legendary aquabreather because, even though you rarely ever need any aquabreather, when you do need one it replaces your helmet's stats, and that messes with things like crit capping. Also you can't get exotic ones that hold legendary runes (because leggy runes require level 80 equipment instead of superior runes requiring only level 60), and only a select few core stats in rare level 80 ones. So you're essentially forced to get an ascended aquabreather to maintain build coherence when you step in a pond for a second. However, the tedious acquisition methods (pick berries until your eyes bleed) and crafting/stat changing inconsistencies (can't stat swap ascended breathers to Diviner's stats???) make ascended aquabreathers a huge inconvenience too.

Rarely needed, but a massive hassle when you do need them, that's why I desperately want a legendary one. I don't care at all about having full purple in all slots, I just use Blood Ruby rings and backpacks as pseudo-legendaries and would use something similar as an aquabreather if it existed

Edited by Shaman.2034
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Shaman.2034 said:

Isn't that what legendaries already do? Provide access to things that other players don't have access to unless they go and do that specific content? See: Leadership and dungeon runes being on legendary runes; Living World and expansion stats like Diviner's and Ritualist's; rings and backpacks with full infusion slots without having to do fractals to infuse them; and so on. I don't get how legendary fishing rods, infusions and enrichments would be any different.

Apologies, maybe I didn't explain things clearly. I was mostly referring to how legendary gear does not give more stats than ascended gear. Yes you have access to stat types that you might not have the relevant content unlocked (not sure why this is, maybe coding doesn't allow it?). From ops description it sounds like legendary fishing rods would give additional buff.

With infusions they are accessible but require time and resources or are a rare drop item. They are meant to be a long term goal for fractal goers and those wanting to optimize. Legendary infusions would be a much lesser term goal. (I don't compare this to ascended gear because ascended gear is much quicker and easier to collect, the game will give more ascended pieces than required once you reach a certain point). Also, though only minor, infusions give extra stats so they somewhat need a "price" to obtain some balance.

Enrichments give buffs as well so once again some level of "cost" would make sense.

Tbh people can argue that infusions + enrichments could still be made into legendaries but anet would need to consider at what cost to ensure that non-legendaries are still sort out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

This would only work if its based on the maximum amount of tools someone can have via account. So far the character limit is 69, so we're looking at 69×3= 207, so they would equal 2.07% or less per tool of skipping the crafting requirement.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

IMHO:

Aquatic Headgear is needed more than the others for completeness.

Legendary Infusions so that we can change the stats would be great, though I suspect those would be 1k each so very costly.

A Legendary Enrichment would be nice, but not really that important.

I do not see legendary lures, rods, or gathering tools coming into the game ever. I don't see legendary Jade Bot parts every happening either, though it would be nice to have other components released. Like cores with other stats on them. 

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

I have 20 infinite sets, what do I get?

• Confused 1

Infusions please!

Definitly!

Be full legendary and then feel the pain in the "youknowwhere" when you want to remove a set of stat infusions out of a character with a lot of equipment tabs.

Ridiculously elaborate. Couinteracts the legendary system.

I'm sure a norn or a charr must have thought up the current system. 

Please find a voluntary Asura to fix this. 🙂