Ascended Weapon/Armor & Research Notes

56 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

You can skip the Mystic forge step since the items are already the crafted one.

But if I remember well, it's best to simply take gold for AA and use a better way for research note.

Give it me wrong, Ascended from those Chests aren't Salvageable for Research Notes (Without Stats change) ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

Give it me wrong, Ascended from those Chests aren't Salvageable for Research Notes (Without Stats change) ?

Ascended from Vault chests are salvageable for research notes. You'd still get more research notes if you were to use those acclaims for gold, and go for some more economical methods of gold to research note conversion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Ascended from Vault chests are salvageable for research notes. You'd still get more research notes if you were to use those acclaims for gold, and go for some more economical methods of gold to research note conversion.

Thx for this feedback.
I was trying to find a way to spend those Astral Acclaims, beside the golds, which is boring for all the remaing 40 days until the reset 😄

As for Salvagable Ascendeds from Chests, I was a bit confused, but I'm starting to understand.
Example.
I have 2 type Ascended Armor Chest, with the same name, but different icons.
The one that give Chests named as : Assaulter / Defender / Healer / Malicious : Aren't
Research Notes Salvagable.
The one that give Chests named with stats, such as : Wupwup / Occam / etc : Are Salvagable for Research Notes. 
I though that ALL weren't Salvagable .. I mean, that a good news for me with my Bank holding a few Ascended Chests.

Edited by TheArtOfMouts.7468
  • Like 1

You'd have to sadly stat change them. The cost of the stat change varies but its more or less 2.5 gold or so. You will get anywhere from 250 to 1000 notes from it, depending on your luck. Getting the 1000 one is like winning the lotto. The most average amount is around 350.
Yes, I salvage a lot of ascended stuff, Lol. Inventory and bank full of those things. The easiest way to tell if something is salvageable by research is by reading the last tip of the tooltip. It will say "Salvagable: Ascended, Research" at the bottom. If it doesn't say "Research", you need to stat change it and it will say it after.

Edited by Tashigi.3159
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Tashigi.3159 said:

You'd have to sadly stat change them. 

Are you sure about that?  Based on the wiki they are research salvageable.  Others have already said they are research salvageable.  If they aren't then the wiki is wrong and ANET made separate versions of those armor and weapon chests and different versions of all of the armors and weapons in them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Are you sure about that?  Based on the wiki they are research salvageable.  Others have already said they are research salvageable.  If they aren't then the wiki is wrong and ANET made separate versions of those armor and weapon chests and different versions of all of the armors and weapons in them.

Last I checked, they were not researchable, only salvageable. But I can check, I have no use for astral acclaim. Sec.
Looks like they may have updated it, it shows research now. I am not on the free trial though, would be curious if free trial accounts aren't researchable: https://i.ibb.co/1vTSWm2/image.png

Edited by Tashigi.3159
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Tashigi.3159 said:

Last I checked, they were not researchable, only salvageable. But I can check, I have no use for astral acclaim. Sec.
Looks like they may have updated it, it shows research now.

Pretty sure they were researchable from the beginning.

• Like 2

You can definitely get research notes from the ascended chests... I always pick Zojja's stat ones and have zero issues getting notes from them.. no need to mystic forge them at all.    works for both the armors and the weapons from the WV.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

You can definitely get research notes from the ascended chests... I always pick Zojja's stat ones and have zero issues getting notes from them.. no need to mystic forge them at all.    works for both the armors and the weapons from the WV.  

As someone pointed, isn't better to get the golds with the Astral Acclaim and then do the cheapest craft for Research Notes ?
I did a super quick calculation, and it seem so.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

As someone pointed, isn't better to get the golds with the Astral Acclaim and then do the cheapest craft for Research Notes ?
I did a super quick calculation, and it seem so.

OP didn't ask for the most cost efficient way... just asking if you could use the Armor/Weapons to make research notes.     I was simply answering that yes you could. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Tashigi.3159 said:

Looks like they may have updated it, it shows research now. I am not on the free trial though, would be curious if free trial accounts aren't researchable: https://i.ibb.co/1vTSWm2/image.png

As a general rule you can go by this: if the ascended skin is the same as the one you can craft by yourself, you can salvage it for research notes. The game registers the skin you're salvaging, not how you acquired it. That has always been my experience and I've salvaged ascended purchases from the WV since it was introduced last year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1