Scourge PvE life force costs analysis [Updated]

Crinn.7864

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Fair enough. Though so far as melee is concerned, there is the matter of how many stacks and how long the Stability on Trail of Anguish is. Doubt it will be enough, but it can't hurt.

The way it was worded makes me think its going to be a single stack of stability.

However it doesn't really matter. Reaper already get's its shroud stability ripped almost immediately (thanks sigil rework) and spellbreaker isn't even in the game yet.

Scourge will likely be very potent when paired with a support tempest, but it's unlikely that it'll be any more effective than condi reaper + tempest already is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should make a> @Crinn.7864 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Ehh, depends on how many condition builds there are. Scourge is still really strong against conditions.

Irrelevant, there are better ways for handling condis than taking a class that dies whenever a ranged class, a thief, or a power melee class sneezes on it.

You say that, but you're still doing very well for yourself. I've pretty much moved Guardian as my main now. I just hit platinum last night, started the season at 1216. I only take out my necromancer in very specific fights. Finding the competition harder now to use classes I'm less skilled at.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:Eh, I'm still tentatively excited :anguished: for PvP anyways.

I spend almost all my time in sPvP (platinum 2 currently) I am quite certain that Scourge will not be competitive in PvP. It doesn't bring anything to the table, and it's far more vulnerable compared to reaper.

I don't see how. Scourge was extremely strong in spvp during the beta for its ability to completely delete all boons on the entire enemy team and constantly put out so much condition damage that no class had enough cleanses to deal with it. Nothing about this has changed at all.

@Tobias.8632 said:I don't see how. Scourge was extremely strong in spvp during the beta for its ability to completely delete all boons on the entire enemy team and constantly put out so much condition damage that no class had enough cleanses to deal with it. Nothing about this has changed at all.

That's because during the beta weekend players where too busy trying to figure out their own class to even begin learning how to handle someone else's class. Once you start to understand how scourge functions it's very easy to pick apart. By the last day of the beta weekend I was able to easily pick apart pretty much every scourge I encountered with both power reaper and spellbreaker.

Also people are vastly overestimating Scourge's boonhate. Path of Corruption is the only strong corruption. The rest of the boonhate is just from already existing weapon skills. Punishments are really bad as boonhate because they only rip 1 boon, so they aren't reliable for targeting boons. You'll probably be running [Corrupt Boon] on scourge rather than any punishment skill. The elite is the only strong boonhate, but it's less effective than plaguelands for rez cleaving and area denial.

@Crinn.7864 said:Also people are vastly overestimating Scourge's boonhate. Path of Corruption is the only strong corruption. The rest of the boonhate is just from already existing weapon skills. Punishments are really bad as boonhate because they only rip 1 boon, so they aren't reliable for targeting boons. You'll probably be running [Corrupt Boon] on scourge rather than any punishment skill. The elite is the only strong boonhate, but it's less effective than plaguelands for rez cleaving and area denial.

Without saying that "corrupting" boons in Torment and Cripple only, our new burning burst can't be protected very well from punishments skills if not with Ghastly Breach.And that without Desert Empowerment we'll be dead in 2 seconds vs competent players. Now I see why sh4de's skills are all istant cast.

Necromancers are the class with the most defensive minor traits and is the first to die, thanks to the lack of active defenses.Sand Swell could maybe solve the problem but not vs Thieves, as they can just spam "pulmonary headshots" while running away from sh4des.

Now, if only Abrasive Grit could give 3s stability instead of 2 might..

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Also people are vastly overestimating Scourge's boonhate. Path of Corruption is the only strong corruption. The rest of the boonhate is just from already existing weapon skills. Punishments are really bad as boonhate because they only rip 1 boon, so they aren't reliable for targeting boons. You'll probably be running [Corrupt Boon] on scourge rather than any punishment skill. The elite is the only strong boonhate, but it's less effective than plaguelands for rez cleaving and area denial.

Without saying that "corrupting" boons in Torment and Cripple only, our new burning burst can't be protected very well from punishments skills if not with Ghastly Breach.And that without Desert Empowerment we'll be dead in 2 seconds vs competent players. Now I see why sh4de's skills are all istant cast.

Necromancers are the class with the most defensive minor traits and is the first to die, thanks to the lack of active defenses.Sand Swell could maybe solve the problem but not vs Thieves, as they can just spam "pulmonary headshots" while running away from sh4des.

Well i dont know how much stacks it will be but it seems that trail of anguish will get stability.

@Muchacho.2390 said:

@Vitali.5039 said:

Well i dont know how much stacks it will be but it seems that trail of anguish will get stability.

I have read it too but I don't think that will be enough if not in 1vs1 scenarios and where we can JP-kite

Archived