Ranger Mace Daze Spam

Why in the flying f--- is ranger always the OP class? I'm so kitten tired of rangers being OP, can we make them underpowered for like a year in compensation? Like just nerf them into the ground so that nobody plays them for one whole calendar year as compensation for all of the pain and suffering we have endured from this stupid OP bs of a class. Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Why in the flying f--- is ranger always the OP class? I'm so kitten tired of rangers being OP, can we make them underpowered for like a year in compensation? Like just nerf them into the ground so that nobody plays them for one whole calendar year as compensation for all of the pain and suffering we have endured from this stupid OP bs of a class. Thank you.

nerfing in the ground is never needed, even how sore the player is about some class, spec, build

Just now, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I disagree

It's just being petty, imagine your main class because too OP suddenly becomes non existent. You might say now sure, but I bet you would be on the forums.

Overnerfing is never needed, overbuffing isn't needed either

4 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It's just being petty, imagine your main class because too OP suddenly becomes non existent. You might say now sure, but I bet you would be on the forums.

Overnerfing is never needed, overbuffing isn't needed either

When you overbuff, you need to overnerf

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/7/2024 at 1:05 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The Ranger maces are good in pve but impractical to run in pvp for several reasons:

1. In pvp things do not stand still. The maces both mainhand and offhand, are too slow and have no ranged pressure.
  2. Due to no ranged pressure or built in defenses, maces make a bad +ing roam option. They also make a bad side node option because all good side node builds have to lean on synergized condi/defensive builds or power builds with a lot less power output traded in for a lot more sustain, then the maces just deal bad damage. And due to the limited ranged and no ranged pressure, people can kite it too easily on the side node and just avoid strikes.
  3. Literally anything with stability or frontloaded shielding like DH F3 or Photon Wall that allows you to block while attacking, just treads all over mace Rangers. If you can't IMMEDIATELY secure the CC chain gimmick and actually maintain it, you lose.
  4. The only half functional mace Ranger I've encountered was ran by Doze and it was a Druid. It had to run full DPS/CC build to make the gimmick work with marks & midnight king relic. It feels super OP hard counter when you do not have stab and you do not have mechanics like DH F3 or Photon Wall. But if you do, you can just turn on the Ranger and kill it while ignoring CCs. It can't brawl like Soulbeast Sword that actually has evades. The CCs is all it has. If you shut it down, it dies too easily. It is also bad, worse than Engis, when focused by more than 1 person. These Ranger mace builds can't stat for practical builds to run in conquest matches or even 2v2s. They're atrociously bad when getting +d. If they want the maces to be functional at all, they have to stat for some weird 1v1 builds and in that case they just get booted into respawn any time they get focused. Absolutely no mechanics to deal with 2 people chasing and can't stat for sustain if they want the maces to be practical to use at all.

So to clarify what's actually happening here with Ranger maces:

It's really good at shutting down and hard countering things that do not pump stability that don't have functions like DH F3, Photon Wall, or Distortion, ect ect. It's also good at shutting down low skill-cap players in general who attempt to stand on nodes in its face rather than kite & utilize their range vs. the maces. But it in turn gets way too hard countered by anything with the aforementioned mechanics to deal with it, by anything that kites it, and by getting +d in general. It has serious mechanical holes in its design structure that prevents it from being competitive. There are big reasons why it was not used the previous MAT, why it isn't being used in daily ATs, why no Ranger above G2 is running it, and why we won't be seeing it in the upcoming MAT either.

I agree the maces need changes, but saying "they need nerfs" is the wrong way to look at this. If anything, they need some kind of rework to reduce the damage potential but to also enhance the mace's practicality to actually hit things. I mean seriously, they give everything massive tele-burst potential nowadays. So when you take a class that's traits and foundational theory were designed completely around ranged bow play and then start giving it slow melee only no-porting weapon kits, it doesn't synergize well for today's metas.

I'm not being "biased" either. I don't use those maces. They're completely impractical to use against even G2+ players. I'm just explaining why.

When you see more than 2-3 rangers with the same weapon/build on an average of 3 games....you can bet that combo is OP...when you see more than 1 ranger in the arena at the same time regularly...you can bet that combo is broken...Mace/Mace is broken OP and there is no denial

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:44 AM, Voodoo.3201 said:

Even me as DE farm m/m slb.

Finally got around to watching the vid, but:

I know you down them later, but I'm still not seeing how switching off M/M + Sw/Wh helps them kill you better.  On Druid for that matter--as they secured the down and kill with OWP and merged soulbeast--power druid cannot replicate this. 

But who knows, we'd need a ranger main to actually make it to mAT finals first with any build to really further the discussion.