SAB new weapon ammo system is nice, but the cooldowns are long

Player.2475

Now both the Mega Bombs and Super Bow hold up to 3 charges that do not cost you any baubles to fire the upgraded version of the original weapon (Mini bombs, Slingshot).

The mega bombs are great, have a wider radius, can be planted, and deal double damage (100) to regular enemies and 50 to bosses and objects with a cooldown of I think 20s 30s instead of costing 5 baubles per shot like they used to. It's good for clearing trash but can't be (ab)used against (mini-)bosses any more.

The Super Bow's ammo skill for some reason deals double damage (50) to regular enemies but 25 to bosses and objects with a cooldown of 30s. Seeing as there's some enemies with 50 HP this might be useful but the long cooldown makes it prohibitive to actually make use of the upgrade. I find myself using Mouselook to make sure I don't miss my shots, but eh, the regular mini bombs are just as effective in those situations where I have a clear shot.

Edited by Player.2475
Corrected misinformation
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

The cd does feel a little long, but I disagree that it makes it too prohibitive to make use of it. It can be used for some "crucial" moments -with accurate shooting instead of just spraying it- without spending the bubbles. The higher cd might be there simply to not make the slingshot obsolete -if you want to spam ranged attacks, you're paying bubbles for it. If you just need to activate switches or kill specific mobs on the way, the bow does it well enough.