Chrono: Undo Oct 17th 2023 Nerf to Split Second

5 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

No biggie, if this topic worth so much to you to give all your reputation left for it (in case you even had any left, dunno meet you the first time) than it is fine.

I don't spend reputation, I earn it with hard fought forum topics like this one.

5 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

What you are even talking about??? xD 

Way to leave off the important part of the quote.

• Haha 1

@Rdm.3186 went down apparently and as he raised his hand in a plea for help, he realized that there were no allies here coming to revive him. Then he saw Deadmoose, or what he thought was Deadmoose, but maybe it was just an illusion. No wait, there were four of them. The illusions ran full speed toward him and then exploded into thousands of pieces, majestic glass shards ripped through his body and he muttered his last words, "Beautiful...just beautiful. Yes, undo the nerf...I was wrong. Forgive me..."

2 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

@Rdm.3186 went down apparently and as he raised his hand in a plea for help, he realized that there were no allies here coming to revive him. Then he saw Deadmoose, or what he thought was Deadmoose, but maybe it was just an illusion. No wait, there were four of them. The illusions ran full speed toward him and then exploded into thousands of pieces, majestic glass shards ripped through his body and he muttered his last words, "Beautiful...just beautiful. Yes, undo the nerf...I was wrong. Forgive me..."

Nah you and your clones just got already more attention than the nonsense you write deserve. "Always leave them wanting more" :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2024 at 11:11 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

surely there's no bias here

this dude a few month ago created around 20 posts "nerf this build that i just lost to" with all the mockery now his approach is "buff this build i'm playing"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pttf.2467 said:

this dude a few month ago created around 20 posts "nerf this build that i just lost to" with all the mockery now his approach is "buff this build i'm playing"

I'll always go after the fotm op spec, and will continue to do so because I enjoy balance in the game. As Rdm would say, if all of the single braincell pvp monkeys would play something other than what's op, than I wouldn't have to.

1 hour ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I'll always go after the fotm op spec, and will continue to do so because I enjoy balance in the game. As Rdm would say, if all of the single braincell pvp monkeys would play something other than what's op, than I wouldn't have to.

you are not asking for balance when you ask to have power chrono in the game at meta

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

you are not asking for balance when you ask to have power chrono in the game at meta

I don't believe in meta as a healthy term, there's a clear difference between balance and fotm op spec. Right now spellbreaker is there, ranger has always been there, guardian and ele are pretty close. I'm not asking for power chrono to be OP, all I'm asking for is to have damage in line with what it should, considering that many other specs do the same damage but have waaaay more sustain, health, condi cleanse, damage reduction, etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 3:31 PM, Endorphin.9147 said:

Or just land your skills better 🤡

necromancers and rangers straight up facetank them, warriors activate full counter inside a gravity well.

EDIT also hammer eles straight up sit inside a grav well without consequences, even if they're otherwise unviable.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I just fought a team that had a ranger and spellbreaker, and both of those classes facetanking multiple full chrono shatters is among the dumbest kittening kitten I've seen in my entire kittening life. You can't argue against this, there's literally no opposing argument.

• Confused 1

I just fought a team that had a ranger and spellbreaker, and both of those classes facetanking multiple full chrono shatters is among the dumbest kittening kitten I've seen in my entire kittening life. You can't argue against this, there's literally no opposing argument.

There have been worse things in the past 😬

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I don't believe in meta as a healthy term, there's a clear difference between balance and fotm op spec. 

Indeed, so stop contradicting yourself by asking for power chrono to be able to compete with fotm op specs. Instead go for well-founded big pic suggestions as experienced, skilled ppl like melcor with an actual competitive mindset go for. Or just admit that you prefer to make narrowed and selfish suggestions instead this fake "i play something more skilled because i have no defense (not even true) but i need oneshot dmg" ego-nonsense.

Edited by Rdm.3186
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

Indeed, so stop contradicting yourself by asking for power chrono to be able to compete with fotm op specs. Instead go for well-founded big pic suggestions as experienced, skilled ppl like melcor with an actual competitive mindset go for. Or just admit that you prefer to make narrowed and selfish suggestions instead this fake "i play something more skilled because i have no defense (not even true) but i need oneshot dmg" ego-nonsense.

How bout you stop acting like the world revolves around you so much "oh power chrono is still so good we need to nerf it more" bruh. power mesmer by actual gameplay has less condi cleanse than ele, ranger and spb combined which makes power mes needing buffs in that department. 2, chill and weakness just destroys mesmer into oblivion and has no answer to vs your fotm op specs and your callin deadmoose havin selfish suggestions?  you'd rather put your own fun ahead of everyone elses instead of whats best for the gamestate. If you wanna talk one shot, try the ranger ai pet that can kill a mes at low hp. or any tanky class that just gets tickled by any mesmer burst dmg. Ever tried playing mesmer since your criticising it overly too much here? like ive said in prev pages what each of the mesmer off hand weapons have and their hard countered by. Shield- any unblockable: ranger, rev, warrior, plus any melee ranger specs like willbender and holo. Torch- the only condi cleanse mesmer has on skill 4 also has stealth but gets hard countered by any reveal, phantasm can just be side stepped or walked through so again less a phantasm can connect the dmg to the target this gets hard countered. Focus- phantasm shoots out axe bolts while "suppose to be" blocking projectiles which makes this one just a distraction and only good for clone addition not actual utility. temperal curtain still has some use but with its radius nerfed recently, its gotten less play out of. Pistol- complete projectile weapon, gets blocked by any form of blocks: aegis, shield block, mag aura (which is a reflect). Plus thief, dh and holo is a hard counter thats why mes gets hard countered by these classes cause they have more condi cleanse, dmg, barrier and boons than any mesmer spec in the game. So get this through your thick skull and quit replying when you got no ground to stand on since you have no knowledge to apply here. If you're goin to call something that needs certain things like "nerfs" play the class first before giving your opinion. same goes for melcor as well since theres been no reference that they have ever played power mes period. Sounds like your the one with the ego nonsense since you'd rather see mesmer get deleted all cause it counters your favorite class. Sry but thats not how the game is played. 

And thanks to all the stupids who keep replying to this to keep it going, hopefully the devs see this and realize that all the nerfs to mesmer should get reverted or give this class buffs. Anyone who thinks that we're trying to make mes meta doesnt know what meta is. Meta is useless to consider since alot know now that certain classes/specs are just goin to be superior to others due to what each class has in their kit. So quit balking at " if we buff mes itll be op and one shot anyone." There is no such thing as one shot in the game much anymore with all the dmg nerfs since the feb 2020 patch which gave us this huge mess to begin with which should still get reverted if the game was to put into a healthy state. 

Edited by vanflyheight.6832
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rdm.3186 said:

Dude you're so out of touch that it's laughable. Vanfly just destroyed you, but feel free to come back for more. Even if the nerf is undone it doesn't even make power chrono meta, all it does is allow us to compete in damage with classes that have waaaay more sustain. It's a pretty popular opinion that more survivability should = less damage. Right now you have things like ranger that are like a 8/10 survive and 8/10 damage. It's really dumb.

26 minutes ago, vanflyheight.6832 said:

Shield- any unblockable: ranger, rev, warrior, plus any melee ranger specs like willbender and holo.

Speaking about shield, I also want to propose Tides of Time cast speed gets cut from 3/4 to 1/2 a second. Right now its atrocious and useless. The travel speed of the arc should also be doubled. Thing moves so slow people just run around it, not even dodge, just run. People out here bashing our suggestions when half our kit is already useless...

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Speaking about shield, I also want to propose Tides of Time cast speed gets cut from 3/4 to 1/2 a second. Right now its atrocious and useless. The travel speed of the arc should also be doubled. Thing moves so slow people just run around it, not even dodge, just run. People out here bashing our suggestions when half our kit is already useless...

I think its fine for the range and travel speed. Its supposed to be a skill that requires set up to land. Using ports during a precast so blink or sword 3. Which sword 3 works the best since it also immobilizes as well.  Shield 5 also blocks projectiles and you can use it as a zoning skill for mindgaming if anyone is gonna engage on you in melee. Also a skill to use in prevent ressing/cleaving during fights involving downstates.

The skill is fine. If anything, fix the targetting since thats kind of clunky at times 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vanflyheight.6832 said:

"oh power chrono is still so good we need to nerf it more" bruh. your criticising it overly too much here

I never said that, l2read vanflylow 🙂 

• I joined the thread because an experienced and higher ranked mesmer main (that was quite obvious from melcors first 2 posts) got called saboteur, non-mes-main, clueless etc by mediocre at best mesmers (the one who called him out will not duel because he knows he would get wrecked, no matter what excuses he comes up with) even tho he made good points
  •  i reacted to terrorhuz wrong way of comparing core and chrono and all my arguments towards that topic still stand since they are just true
  •  i reacted to several ppl saying the power mes (or chrono) needs to have oneshot dmg since it has no defense. All my points towards that topic still stand because they are just true
2 hours ago, vanflyheight.6832 said:

Ever tried playing mesmer since your criticising it overly too much here?

Yes i do frequently but it is not my main as mentioned several times and no, i do not criticise mesmer as a class, i have no problem at all with mesmers design, i rly like the by design high skill ceiling attempt of a combo and setup class, at least when balanced correctly, i would not be one complaining about a burst out of a 3 secs stealth, since i have awareness, i would not say mesmer is in general unhealthy because of instant shatters or what mesmer haters usually come up with. I react to ppl calling other ppl out with nonsense arguments only because they disagree (happens to melcor so i jumped in), and i react to ppl coming up with nonsense comparisions to win an argument going over dead bodies and going over the truth. And i react to ppl asking for unhealthy things (like oneshot dmg) just because they are too bad at the class to play the defensive kit of that class correct or hit a burst without using tons of their defensive skills to cover it, so it feels for them as if mesmer does not have enough defense and needs oneshot dmg.

All your other points i am too lazy to go throu step by step. Some miss the points i was making, some are a l2p issue (for example having less resustain and condiremove are intended weaknesses of mesmer to compensate a pretty strong basic skill kit, also i would just not burst a thief right after his dodge when he successfully applied weakness to me and so on), other points are just a matter of comparing once again to broken classes, so those points are by default no good arguments. 

As for mesmer shield, they should just revert the pve changes with this nonsense groundbased targeting, it kills all the flow the weapon had for no good reasons. 

Edited by Rdm.3186
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Rdm.3186 said:

Yes i do frequently but it is not my main as mentioned several times

You haven't even played pvp this season. Unless you're on another account, in which case, let me know your anet tag so we can see your rating. You've got nothing to hide right? Same thing with melcor, also not even listed.

56 minutes ago, Rdm.3186 said:

I joined the thread because an experienced and higher ranked mesmer main (that was quite obvious from melcors first 2 posts) got called saboteur, non-mes-main, clueless etc by mediocre at best mesmers (the one who called him out will not duel because he knows he would get wrecked, no matter what excuses he comes up with) even tho he made good points

Keep riding melcor he may https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Hyax5W4Vg

Also hilarious that you're taking his rank and experience at face value based on a forum post and have continued to ride him for 7 pages.

59 minutes ago, Rdm.3186 said:

All my points towards that topic still stand because they are just true

Do you hear yourself? You've devolved into a clown show 🤡

At this point you've lost all credibility, might be time for you to stop posting.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

shield 5 things

IMHO the current iteration of shield 5 (counting speed + cast time + travel time) was perfectly tailored for the old lost time trait, which doesn't exist anymore.

I'm very used to how it works right now, so it's whatever, but I can see how anyone trying to pick up the class would find it super clunky. It requires manual aiming in a game where nothing is manually aimed. If you do that, it works fine; but it's the only way to make it work.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

3 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

IMHO the current iteration of shield 5 (counting speed + cast time + travel time) was perfectly tailored for the old lost time trait, which doesn't exist anymore.

I'm very used to how it works right now, so it's whatever, but I can see how anyone trying to pick up the class would find it super clunky. It requires manual aiming in a game where nothing is manually aimed. If you do that, it works fine; but it's the only way to make it work.

Compare it to something like herald shield abilities and it's not good. We get a double block (only sometimes), and a slow wave that can stun (if it even lands). Herald gets a massive amount for shield skills because of traits and boons, condi remove with hardening presence too.

Compare it to something like herald shield abilities and it's not good. We get a double block (only sometimes), and a slow wave that can stun (if it even lands). Herald gets a massive amount for shield skills because of traits and boons, condi remove with hardening presence too.

Shield on mesmer is not bad. At the very least its a viable pick. Your double block also summons a phantasm that slows enemies on its dmg. So thats 2 phantasms if you use your 2 blocks correctly and then an AoE stun wave on 5 that gives you a might and something else. It could be worse. It could be warrior's shield

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Shield on mesmer is not bad.

Understatement of the century, mesmer has one of the strongest and best designed shields in the game.

I unpack the skills

• Block:
    • its own mechanics are good and with very decent numbers. A block hitting for for up to 3k + prot + slow + a clone? Would be good already if it did that once, but TWICE? Yeah I'll take that.
    • Summoning a phantasm will proc all the phantasm traits (passive healing from inspiration\signet of the ether, quickness on illusions, quickness OR alac on chrono GM, quickness on block from Virtuoso; using shield4 to block something and stowing the block away for a quickness fueled f1 on virtuoso is a perfectly valid combo). And again, you can do that twice.
    • You can halve the cooldown with signet of the ether, no other class in the entire game has anything even remotely comparable to this.
  • Wave:
    • Works like a charm with the chrono mechanic. Double wave, double cd reduction, 10 stacks of might, 4s stun back and forth. Throw some domination traits in the mix, it's at least 20 stacks of vulnerability (more with rupts), and maybe 4 boons removed. It's good even if you have no other cooldowns to throw.
    • Works like a charm with sword 3 to stun people with the returning wave
    • With continuum split + blink + Mirror images you get a fat AoE burst out of nowhere (and, unlike gs2, the hitbox size is very big and will allow some room for error in your blink positioning)
    • Gives some boons you ultimately don't care all that much about, but in a teamfight they're not meaningless either
    • AoE projectile block, so you can use it to cover your resses from projectile based classes (and stun melee attackers trying to cleave)
    • Sword3 through it for free chaos aura (which also procs chaos traits)
    • Wave also hits beyond LoS if you have the correct positioning

I'll give credit where credit is due, it is a REALLY well designed weapon. The old iteration (with quickness on outgoing wave and alacrity on incoming wave) was undeniably better, but even now it is not a bad weapon by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

TWICE?

Doesn't always proc twice, need to get hit during shield. A lot of enemies know not to hit you.

Summoning a phantasm will proc all the phantasm traits

Not everyone traits phantasms, I don't personally.

Works like a charm

If it hits, that's a big if. The issue is the wave is just too slow. It's super easy to just run around while its moving, also pretty easy to shoot around it.

it's at least 20 stacks of vulnerability

Not sure how you're getting to this number. Even if it hits twice, with domination that's only 16 stacks.

Works like a charm with sword 3 to stun people with the returning wave

Yeah this is good synergy if you can pull it off.

With continuum split + blink + Mirror images you get a fat AoE burst out of nowhere

Not sure what these skill have to do with the shield.