[Visual] add option to replace all skins for a faithful game experience

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Here is the whole chain.

1) You forgot OP

2) See? You threw your "on day 1" in randomly. Nobody ever claimed that they saw The Dreamer on Day 1.

So next time maybe not take 1 post out of the order and instead read the thread. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

1) You forgot OP

2) See? You threw your "on day 1" in randomly. Nobody ever claimed that they saw The Dreamer on Day 1.

So next time maybe not take 1 post out of the order and instead read the thread. 😉 

No my day 1 was not to the OP it was to the first post quoted.

And I even agree that yes it was there day 1 but noone would have been able to make it at that time.

So it was impossible for the OP to be annoyed by that back then anyway.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No my day 1 was not to the OP it was to the first post quoted.

And that first post quoted answered to OP.

So next time maybe not take 1 post out of the order and instead read the thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For what's worth OP, this is the one thing that prevents me from really coming back to GW2 too.
Every time I try it, I only last a couple days before the silly skins (and the people that think that making their characters glow like a sun is cool) take me out from the game way too much.

But complaining about it is a losing battle, 99.9% of the players here don't care or even enjoy it - after all, those that don't like it already left a long time ago.

GW2 for me, unfortunately, doesn't look much far from this abomination:

Edited by Ellye.9123
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ellye.9123 said:

GW2 for me, unfortunately, doesn't look much far from this abomination:

Except Tera always kinda leaned into its crazy cosmetics from day one. Sure they got really outlandish near the end (a flying couch as a mount, for the sake of example, or Attack on Titan cosmetic outfits), but that's how a lot of those Korean MMO's go. I think GW2's still a lot more tame by comparison - and this is coming from someone who played Tera before coming to GW2.

I mean, at least we don't have the Afro Duck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

Except Tera always kinda leaned into its crazy cosmetics from day one. Sure they got really outlandish near the end (a flying couch as a mount, for the sake of example, or Attack on Titan cosmetic outfits), but that's how a lot of those Korean MMO's go. I think GW2's still a lot more tame by comparison - and this is coming from someone who played Tera before coming to GW2.

I mean, at least we don't have the Afro Duck.

I thought Aion and the rooster mount was bad. This is worse. 😂

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

There were also these. I have to hand it to Enmasse, the NA publisher for retail Tera, for creating hilarious trailers for their mount releases. At least they seemed aware of how uncanny the sushi cats were. xD

Oh yeah, and they had Flying Llamas.  🤣

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/20/2024 at 1:25 PM, Eta.5904 said:

Hello everyone,
I have loved this game for years but now I only launch de game to check if they have added an option to reduce the impact of skins on my experience.
For years now the game added a ton of new visual but to keep the players appealed developers added more bright / flashy / enormous skins which in the end break the faithfulness of the game.
I understand most people want to grind skins, but I think there is also a lot of people who want to play a visual consistent game.

The ideal solution would be to have an option which grant every player (even including yourself) to have the standard armor and weapon (the one you can buy at the merchant) in good quality of course. And I think you should apply the same logic to gliders and mount.
I know there is already a way to counter skins with very low graphics, but playing in potato mode is not helping players to enjoy the game (and for stupid reasons you will still lag from abusively colorful backpacks)

One great strength of GW2 is the random interaction between players, and we automatically feel closer to people who use the same tools as you to defeat the evil monsters. It instantly break the game consistency when I see a guys shooting unicorns with his bow or when another mount a spectral/rainbow raptor.
I deeply want to play with random guys and focus on how they play rather than on what they look. I heard in previous discussion that people want to show how hard they farmed or how much they spent but... if you want to force people who simply don't like skins, this would simply make them have a worst experience, why would anyone want that ?

In the end I don't really expect much support from other users, I guess most of the forum users are people who enjoy the game as it is now, I just needed to get this out of my mind because I want to give a chance for this game to be as nice as it was on day one.

Thank you for reading and have a nice game

If you’re referring to Black Lion Trading Company gem store skins, all items are technically developed by their in-house designers and sold by Evon Gnashblade and are thus canon.  So, they can’t ruin your immersion if they’re created in game universe. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ellye.9123 said:

99.9% of the players here don't care or even enjoy it - after all, those that don't like it already left a long time ago.

That's a bit disingenuous, no?  99.9%?

• Haha 1