Is it ethical in pvp?

If I were a top 10 player, and I tried hard on my main account to win without devious tactics, would people think that I was good?

But, what if at the same time I had alts, alternative accounts on which I padded the LB, and when things went sour, I would play at less than my potential, or use subpar builds with no intention to win for the sake of "fun" without regards to the rest of my team, would people still think I was good?

Is playing on alts in ranked "just for fun" ethical?

Is practicing unfamiliar builds in ranked ethical?

If 4 people are playing to win, but 1 is playing "for fun", is it really ethical in a ranked game?

Is wasting 4 other people precious and limited time, when they are there for a goal, ethical?

But, me being I, and knowing the persona of the average gw2 player, im expecting to be ratioed with confusion....lol....pay attention Log, they decide

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, Pttf.2467 said:

just use exploits yourself, i've seen g3 worthy players get top 2

I never saw that guy online again, maybe he just started playing offline cuz he'd surely be q sniped 

nah I've seen filip online several times 😂

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

If I were a top 10 player, and I tried hard on my main account to win without devious tactics, would people think that I was good?

But, what if at the same time I had alts, alternative accounts on which I padded the LB, and when things went sour, I would play at less than my potential, or use subpar builds with no intention to win for the sake of "fun" without regards to the rest of my team, would people still think I was good?

Is playing on alts in ranked "just for fun" ethical?

Is practicing unfamiliar builds in ranked ethical?

If 4 people are playing to win, but 1 is playing "for fun", is it really ethical in a ranked game?

Is wasting 4 other people precious and limited time, when they are there for a goal, ethical?

But, me being I, and knowing the persona of the average gw2 player, im expecting to be ratioed with confusion....lol....pay attention Log, they decide

Yes it's straight up unethical to propose to play in a competitive team activity and explicitly not compete and drag your team down. However, we have to use common sense here - GW2's PvP can not be considered competitive, and any mention of it being such is largely misusing the word. For one there's no intrinsic anti-cheating mechanism, also there is no moderation, also big balance patches happen in the middle of seasons, also there is a DuoQ even at reduced population,  etc etc. At this point, even though people play without any sportsmanship, I'd go as far as saying people trying to play "ethically" or "competitively" are kidding themselves on the other hand. This group could find a much better use for their time in actual competitive games. GW2 may have words such as "rated", "competitive", "tournament", "ranked" thrown around but don't let yourself be fooled by it and embrace that you should be playing for fun instead - Anet are more or less the folks with actual slightly unethical behavior  in this sense, by even trying to promote competition inside what is just a playground.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:37 PM, Pttf.2467 said:

just use exploits yourself, i've seen g3 worthy players get top 2

I never saw that guy online again, maybe he just started playing offline cuz he'd surely be q sniped 

You are someone who admitted to following me just to see my rating, which means you probably follow several people to manipulate the queue system. So you're literally part of the problem.

3 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

playing for fun instead

Fun/pvp rewards

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

You are someone who admitted to following me just to see my rating, which means you probably follow several people to manipulate the queue system. So you're literally part of the problem.

Never denied it lol, I even tell ppl to do so, if you ever hit 1450+ rating and don't activelly qdodge the "top" duos you will likely to be matched against them over and over, the outcome of the match will be likely the same since you keep getting at least 7 players from the previous matches.

If you see 2 of those duos you better log out, cuz they're q dodging each other and you'll end up getting one or another, if you see a lot of ppl that only or mostly duo q you kinda can play your game normally cuz you'll get a duo in your team as well and having better chances to win the game