just crafted the dreamer, what class should i play with it?

3 hours ago, pebble.2598 said:

Open to playing ANYTHING, just really like the look and sound (lol) of the dreamer. Im still kinda noob so details for the build etc would be helpful ^-^

Legendaries are placed in your wardrobe, so once you have the Dreamer and use it, it will be available on every character class you have that can use a short-bow. If you've unlocked weapon specializations to allow for every class specialization you can put it on any Ranger, Thief, Revenant, or Engineer. If you don't have the weapon specializations all unlocked yet, you'll still be able to access the Dreamer on any ranger specialization, any thief specialization, any engineer specialization, and the Revenant specialization Renegade. If you're looking for specific builds for those classes, I suggest sites such as https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki, https://snowcrows.com/, and https://guildjen.com/

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, pebble.2598 said:

Open to playing ANYTHING, just really like the look and sound (lol) of the dreamer. Im still kinda noob so details for the build etc would be helpful ^-^

I think Shortbow has one of the fewest if not the fewest class options available to it. Thief, Revenant, Ranger, and Engineer are your only options.

Personally if you love the effects I would probably go with Revenant, if only because you can shoot unicorns from portals around your foes and it is generally a good weapon on Revenant.

Ranger is another decent pick, but you are basically limited to Condi builds, I actually main Ranger and Chuka & Champawat was the first legendary weapon I ever made.

Thief can use Shortbow but it's usually only a utility weapon on most builds taken for the AoE daze and the shadowstepping, cluster bomb does have a cool visual to it on Dreamer though when you airburst it.

Engineer is the latest class to get Shortbow, but all of the skills other than the auto attack are just vertical strikes that make an AoE, it is also more or less exclusively a support weapon.

You can of course use it on all of these at once because of how the legendary armory works, so the above is just my opinion on what you might enjoy sinking time into. Try them all!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 4/24/2024 at 11:39 PM, pebble.2598 said:

In Revenant the short bow works well at PvP (usually power builds), WvW (celestial builds, albeit can work with power to a degree) and PvE (solo celestial builds and condi builds).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I use it on my ranger, in combination with dagger/torch and I think it works well, but the most important thing is I have fun with it. I'm constantly moving, either flanking enemies or leaping/running in and out of melee range based on what's happening (one advantage of showbow over longbow is it works just as well in melee range). It helps that I like condition builds anyway. (It also helps that my ranger wears a lot of purple so the Dreamer fits her.)

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 11:39 PM, pebble.2598 said:

I play renegade (rev spec) in wvw with it in smallscale teams, like 2-4 other ppl and taking whatever we can grab.

I also played it in openworld before. Only shortbow, no second set (unless another shortbow with other sigils).

Demon/Dwarf

Celestial equipment or celestial with something mixed with more focus on conditions.

Dreamer was the first legendary weapon I crafted 😄 (But first thing I did when I equipped it, was to replace the skin 🙃)

Thief is good with shortbow too, but then again I've no fun when playing thief, but maybe you do.

Edited by Lucy.3728

the horse bow? put it on a WvW build. 😀

Seriously though, I would check the build libraries and see what you can find that looks fun with the weapon you want to use, for the type of content you want to play (or try out).

Tho if you're posting here, you probably want personal notes. I currently use shortbow mainly as an alt weapon for when I need to be ranged, or to get AOE if my other weapons don't have much AOE. I've used it on ranger/soulbeast, thief/daredevil, and engineer. It's good on a condi build. 

Here are some online build libraries; there are doubtless others.

Hardstuck

Mukluk

Guild Jenn

Metabattle

Snowcrows

By searching on a search engine for "gw2 shortbow builds" or variants of that, I found these:
Renegade - Shortbow Shiro - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

Soulbeast - Condi Shortbow DPS - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

Renegade - Shortbow Shiro Roamer - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

Condition Renegade Build - Guild Wars 2 - Snow Crows

GW2 - Celestial Vindicator Roaming Build - GuildJen

Condition Renegade Build (Group PvE) - Hardstuck 

• Like 2