Textures disappearing [Merged]

While I don't have OPs problem, wall gate flags in WvW look _very_ suspicious at the moment. They have a checkerboard texture that obviously incorrectly transitions through mipmaps just by moving the camera that don't even seem to be mipmaps (instead the checkerboard texture becomes bigger and smaller). I wonder if that's related.

I've had this for at least a few weeks with the grand exalted chests after Octovine (I think that's their name? The big specical ones). They just appear as a black silhouette. I figured it was just me but maybe not! It definitely predated this weeks patch for me.

Seen the chessboard banner issue! Loading into a new map seems to display 95% banners correctly (for a while), but messing about on a wvw map seems to degrade/corrupt the gfx banners after a while (starts displaying chessboard banners instead, until client restart [perhaps mapreload also works]).

Just pitching in that I've had similar texture issues for several months. Asking around, it seems I'm not alone. Lots of people have their mounts become invisible especially during Tequatl, and the grub holes turn all black when that happens, like someone else posted above.

I to am having the weird checkered banner problem I WvW. My guild mate standing next to me did not so it is not universal. I also commonly get the invisable mount. Most often during the skywatch meta, but other places as well.

I tried running the repair tool for the game in case something had been corrupted but had to leave for work before it finished. Will check again tonight.

Edited by Entara.3075

9 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

I tried running the repair tool for the game in case something had been corrupted but had to leave for work before it finished. Will check again tonight.

Repairing did not work. All banners in WvW are various colors of checkered flag. I have also seen several invisible mounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Just wanted to update this one, since it seems it's getting worse by the day. This week I've had textures on mounts, weapons, grub pits, mobs  and inventory items (loot) disappear (ie. going invisible or turning completely black losing all textures) during every single Tequatl encounter. Only a full restart of the game fixes it (until the next Tequatl event). Any chance someone could take a look into this?

Edited by darksome.1697

Posted (edited)

My apologies if this is a repeat post. Just noticed that some of my weapon skill and utility icons go blank as in literally vanish mainly in the Tequatl encounter. Yes, there have been issues with that event in the past, but this is the first time I have seen any graphic issues occur there for some time. I also notice some player characters partially disappear, and my mount sometimes vanishes which is a known bug I believe in SoTo. I never have these bugs until I go to the Tequatl encounter. They will follow me though. That is when I either just shut down the system for a while or do a system repair for kitten of it. Just wanted to ask if anyone has had any similar issues either there or anywhere around Tyria. If so, perhaps they can be addressed.

Thanks.

Edited by Tenal.1546

After completing the Octovine meta, upon entering the 2nd treasure room proper (the one with the glowing floating bridge{see screenshot}), my screen went mostly black(see screenshot). I could see the UI and the Blish HUD overlay, but all else was black. After feeling my way to the final treasure room, the problem went away as soon as I went underwater.

20 minutes ago, Mistweaver.7430 said:

After completing the Octovine meta, upon entering the 2nd treasure room proper (the one with the glowing floating bridge{see screenshot}), my screen went mostly black(see screenshot). I could see the UI and the Blish HUD overlay, but all else was black. After feeling my way to the final treasure room, the problem went away as soon as I went underwater.

Your 'screenshots' are 'mostly black' (as in invisible) as well.  :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1

So I have been getting those visual artifacts recently, weird graphic flickers, in strikes/fractals. Not always, maybe a few times every other day. Updated drivers, didn't help. I thought it was my GPU dying until I saw it in the video happening a few times. Contacted support, was told to leave a ticket/write a forum post, so hopefully it gets fixed soon. Never had that problem before or in other games.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

I was looking for that. Got same thing with multiple aspects of the game. My mount got that permanent till I was in another zone and the BL UI and wizard vault UI does the same glitchy thing. 

Are you playing a Mesmer by any chance? I feel like it's connected, unless it's a coincidence. Issues only happen on my Chrono I believe

On 5/5/2024 at 10:12 AM, FrozenOrb.5017 said:

Are you playing a Mesmer by any chance? I feel like it's connected, unless it's a coincidence. Issues only happen on my Chrono I believe

No, it was on my asuran revenant on Verdant Brink. I even got a crash that day but seems normal now.

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that has only been getting worse. 

While playing the game, some textures - related to objects, mounts, player/NPC units - will gradually start to bug to the point where the game world will black out and  at some point the game will crash. This takes place over prolonged game sessions, upwards of 1 hour. The only effective fix for this is to close and restart the game. Large dynamic events seem to act as accelerators for this bug, especially the Skywatch Archipelago meta is 100% certain to cause this. Observed on PCs with different specs and set ups, Win10 and Win11, Nvidia and AMD GPUs always updated and on the latest available drivers. So far I've tried repairing the game files, deleting and re installing the game, deleting cache files, re installing drivers. I play the game with graphic settings maxed out, 1440p and no add-ons. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or has an idea on what might be causing this bug?

Including link to a few example screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/LDP1xUv