any specific reason we dont get named armor of other npc companions

Reyna is henchmen aidan is npc companion from prophecies in GW1 they both are rangers but they got named armors in GW2.. mhenlo, devonna got their named armors too in gw2.. but no named armor for eve, cynn, orion, alessia...

are rangers/melandru followers more special to get 2 named armors and others aren't?

• Confused 5

4 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

but no named armor for eve, cynn, orion, alessia...

Alessia's would have to be named "Rez me already, you dimwit!", and I suppose that name was too long for pieces of armor. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Some of the names used seem really random, there's some relatively obscure NPCs used (like Jatoro, who is in one side quest and a couple of outposts). I suspect someone just picked whichever NPC they associated with those stats, or the type of build/playstyle they expected them to be used for, rather than setting out with a clear overall theme like having a set for each of the henchmen or ensuring there's an even mix of professions/nationality/other associations.

If/when they add more stat combinations maybe they could fill in the 'gaps', but I don't think there's enough logic to what we have now to try to find some sort of pattern or intention by the people naming them beyond picking names that loosely fit the stat combination.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1