I want a Juvenile Frog next expansion

Posted (edited)

Supposedly next expansion is supposed to be a Marsh or Swamp, according to filename.

It is the perfect setting for something I have wanted for a very long time: A juvenile frog.

You might have seen the recent "Top 10 GW2 Frogs" video on youtube recently, endearing your heart to frogs.

For ages, Frogs have played an important piece of Guild Wars history, being the iconic animal of Gaile Gray, along with some of the major NPC races in Guild Wars 2. We've had Hylek, Itzel, Nuhoch, each being very lovable. And as recent as SOTO we got a new Itzel major character.  With SAB, frogs are even one of the most iconic foes, even featuring a boss.

Indeed, even the cats get a Juvenile Frog as a pet. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Frog

Therefor, I think the time truly is right to introduce a Juvenile Giant Frog to the game as a new Ranger pet.

MECHANIC IDEAS

Pet Skill Proposals:  A defensive pet focused on CC.
F1 autoattack would be a frog kick
F2 should be using its tongue to pull foes.
F3 would be a leap that does damage and knocks down foes on landing.
F4 should be a ribbit that inspires allies with buffs! (Maybe even extending boons?)

Soulbeast Mode: A possible Defensive archetype that Rangers swap to for utility and CC. Something to  FEEL like a Nuhoch!
F1 would be based on a pull.
F2 would be similar to Vindicator's dodge skill, doing damage and knockdown when the Ranger lands.

_________

Become Ribbit, and please give us GIANT FROGGY!

The New Ranger Pet!

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...