Is using weapons and utilities to get into buildings a cheat/glitch?

Is using weapons and utilities to get into buildings a cheat/glitch?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is using weapons and utilities to get into buildings a cheat/glitch?

• yes its a cheat/glitch and must be fixed
    • no, its ability of the classes, i see no problem with this

Posted (edited)

yes you are not allowed to use in-game weapon skills because of terrible design of the game.  This weapon skill on mesmer has been like this since over 10 years.  Its not bugged its intended to move you liek this by design, they either need to redesign it or put obstacles in places where u shouldnt be allowed to get in.  no wvw devs though so smh so to save anet the hassle of paying a dev lets just not use the skills right? 

Edited by PPTFORKAINENG.4609
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

When you are already inside the objective without doing what i describe below, you hid inside the objective when enemy were flipping it and you being superly annoying and has escaped all enemy trying to find you or they failed to even check for sneaky annoying players,  after that you port someone inside and you flipped the objective. that is fine by me. 

If the objective weren't yours , no one from your side of the match has opened a wall or gate to get into the objective  first, instead you know a way to get in because there is a "hole" in the system that you have exploited to get into the objective, than NO  you are exploiting the game. and its against the rules.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

When you are already inside the objective without doing what i describe below, you hid inside the objective when enemy were flipping it and you being superly annoying and has escaped all enemy trying to find you or they failed to even check for sneaky annoying players,  after that you port someone inside and you flipped the objective. that is fine by me. 

If the objective weren't yours , no one from your side of the match has opened a wall or gate to get into the objective  first, instead you know a way to get in because there is a "hole" in the system that you have exploited to get into the objective, than NO  you are exploiting the game. and its against the rules.

holes in the water since 12 years smh 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

No. 

The game let's you do it. 

Therefor it's neither cheating nor the use of a glitch. 

It's the question of its intended or not. 

If not, it's an exploit of unintended game design. But that's on Anet to decide. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Recent changes that have reduced capture circles have also moved and repositioned items. Then it shows that you can make small changes, add a portion of the wall, make taller doors etc etc . Honestly, it's just a matter of wanting to do something to avoid cheating. Even if he is in good faith, as in the video you can clearly see that that player did not want to enter the structure he just mistakenly pressed one of his skills and .... Ooops.... He found himself inside.🤭

• Like 1

Yes ofc it is. They don't put the walls there and then intentionally leave ways around them, that would be ridiculous . . .

But are you asking about that, or about getting back into a structure with ports after you have already broken in? Bc that is just as obviously not an exploit . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

Yes ofc it is. They don't put the walls there and then intentionally leave ways around them, that would be ridiculous . . .

But are you asking about that, or about getting back into a structure with ports after you have already broken in? Bc that is just as obviously not an exploit . . .

But that's literally what it is. 

They put a wall there and gave us abilities to bypass it. 

Cheating would imply that the ability could not do it on its own and was changed to do it. Like a hack. 

Glitch would imply a use of a bug that the ability has. 

Neither is true here. 

They simply use what the devs gave them. 

And as long as the devs don't say otherwise, it's intended gameplay. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, PPTFORKAINENG.4609 said:

talks about hole in the water, 3 out of 30 (approximately) of us fell into the deep abyss not few days ago as we were entering earth keep [stoic rampart] from the west inner gate after ramming it down, i swam around and was met with my untimely death, forgot to screenshot, which brings this up, there must be a code in the system that kills you if you are inside some place that is not allowed, this can be apply to players entering an objective by exploits.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PPTFORKAINENG.4609 said:

Do these holes in the water also auto-activate a mesmer's portal skill after mesmer runs up the stairs?  Last I checked, the underwater weapon the mesmer uses has no chained portal.  I can't think of any other weapon skill in the game either that chains to a utility skill.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But that's literally what it is. 

They put a wall there and gave us abilities to bypass it. 

Cheating would imply that the ability could not do it on its own and was changed to do it. Like a hack. 

Glitch would imply a use of a bug that the ability has. 

Neither is true here. 

They simply use what the devs gave them. 

The guy didn't get banned for using an underwater skill that glitches the guy into the air.  He got banned for the entire gameplay sequence of using that skill and then portaling players in.  That's the unintended gameplay part which keeps being ignored and downplayed.  Such painful and contrived logic to argue that it's a ban for just the single skill.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The guy didn't get banned for using an underwater skill that glitches the guy into the air.  He got banned for the entire gameplay sequence of using that skill and then portaling players in.  That's the unintended gameplay part which keeps being ignored and downplayed.  Such painful and contrived logic to argue that it's a ban for just the single skill.

Over the past 12 years, a persistent issue has plagued our WvW gaming community: players "exploiting" simply using in-game DESIGNED BY ANET skills to access areas of the map (AGAIN DESIGNED BY ANET) where they clearly shouldn't be, NOONE CAN DISPUTE THIS and if you are you are clueless. However despite hundred's if not thousand's of countless reports, videos, and support tickets detailing these exploits, the developers have yet to address the root problem. Instead, they opt to ban individuals caught in the act, leaving players frustrated and the core issue unresolved in the supposed competitive gamemode. (Which it isnt)

It's baffling that after so long, the skills remain unchanged and the map layouts unaltered, allowing these exploits to persist unchecked. One has to wonder, is this negligence on the part of the developers or a deliberate design choice? who knows.

It's crucial not to downplay the severity of this issue. It's not merely a glitch or a minor inconvenience; it's a longstanding flaw in the game's design that directly impacts the player experience.  Rather than sweeping it under the rug, it's time to shine a light on it and demand action, this is why the video/clip was made public, nothing will be done if we continue to do the same thing (simply report) expecting different results #insanity

The support team shouldn't be burdened with the task of repeatedly responding to reports and doling out bans. The solution is simple: either disable the problematic skills or rectify the map design to prevent these exploits once and for all. Not only will this save players countless hours of frustration, but it will also restore integrity to the game's competitive aspects.

If this were a monthly PvP event, you can bet the developers would address the issue promptly. So why the discrepancy when it comes to World versus World (WvW), a mode supposed to embody competition and fairness? By the developers' own logic, such exploits have no place in a competitive environment.

It's time for the developers to take responsibility and prioritize fixing these longstanding issues. Let's bring this matter out into the open and ensure that players can enjoy the game as it was meant to be played, free from exploits and unfair advantages.

watch this post / thread get deleted by a dev once again like many others in the past, #youseenothing

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, PPTFORKAINENG.4609 said:

Over the past 12 years, a persistent issue has plagued our WvW gaming community: players "exploiting" simply using in-game DESIGNED BY ANET skills to access areas of the map (AGAIN DESIGNED BY ANET) where they clearly shouldn't be, NOONE CAN DISPUTE THIS and if you are you are clueless.

Instead, they opt to ban individuals caught in the act, leaving players frustrated and the core issue unresolved in the supposed competitive gamemode. (Which it isnt)

"I swear, officer, this money just jumped into my pocket!"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Getting into the walls without knocking them or the gate down is clearly unintended behaviour and you are not meant to be able to do it. I don't see how anyone could dispute that.

Whether it's cheating to do so by just using skills in the game (as opposed to external hacks) really depends on your definition of cheating. You could reasonably argue that it isn't cheating because the "rules", ie the gameplay, allow it.

It's definitely an exploit though, because you clearly are not meant to be able to do it, and I believe Anet's terms of usage prohibit taking deliberate advantage of exploits.

I would very much like Anet to fix some of these issues. It would be a good response to some of the complaints that Anet don't seem to care that much about WvW.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

It would be nice to get a comment about ANet's official stance on this from @Rubi Bayer.8493 or @Roy Marks.7689. 😸

You forgot to mention stance on overlay cheating,and maphacking to nulify stealth.

Because griefing with maphack is definitely a breach of ToS and no thief will ever get compensated for all the times they got cheated.

Posted (edited)

I texted directly 2 or 3 devs some months ago about WvW bugs like the jump over gate with mount, and asked if they can fix those. They thanked me for comunicating this. But nothing changed.
They make money from TP gems and pve. At the end they work more on cosmetics and skins than in solidifying the game. 
Arenanet dont give a kitten about WvW apparently... is not worth for them to work on something that dont give them profit back.
Thy settled on WvW like it is now for years, more than 8 as i remeber.
This game is full of bugs, do you guys really think they are interested in fixing WvW bugs? Dont think so ...
Another thing people is asking for ages is to remove the kitten red border that none like , and is more likely a pve map , the navigability of this map sucks, it takes 10 mins to reach the other part of the map, if u dont get lost....
If we are in the place where to make request i ask for 4 maps all like eternal battlegroud (it may also solve the eternal que on eternal battlegroud)

Edited by leodrago.9251
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

When it comes to a baseline of "intended game mechanics", it should be clear that as long as a "wall" (breakable or unbreakable part of the map) is there, no enemy should be able to bypass that barrier (from the outside to the inside). That should include skills that make you "jump" (e.g. from a ledge to the top of a gate or by dismounting from a warclaw), teleport/blink/dash forward or to a target on that wall. This also should include "map breaking" by moving around the perimeter to a higher point to drop into the enemy structure (e.g. spots for Academy & Necropolis in DBL), transition points from controlled areas, where you are able to "fly in" and bypassing badly aligned geometry by "glitching" through gaps between existing wall sections.
Fixing all of those should be the job of ANet map designers, which to my knowledge has happened only on a few occasions and probably not in the last few years.

I exclude any forms of hiding inside a structure and teleporting in allies (e.g. via Shadow Portal). If defenders do not search (and you are not using a flaw of the map as mentioned above), you should be able to hide inside a tower/keep like @SweetPotato.7456 has already explained.

I don't agree with @DanAlcedo.3281 

On 5/9/2024 at 2:18 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It is not. It is the result of negligence to fix situations where those things can happen as I have described in the first paragraph. No need to find a loop hole for players who actively seek out those spots, IMO.

Edited by Gorani.7205