Condi Spellbreak Pitch, Take Three.

My suggestions for reworks to Spellbreaker traits to give it a viable Condi build in PvE. Normal text indicates the current effect, and bold is my proposed changes.

No Escape: Stuns and Dazes inflict Immobilize. When you Immobilize a foe, Torment them.

Loss Aversion: Removing boons from a foe corrupts them into conditions and gives you adrenaline. Inflict Torment when you disable a boonless foe.

Enchantment Collapse: Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons. Attacker's Insight gives Condition Damage instead of Ferocity.

This would give Warrior another viable Condi build in PvE as well as make some lesser used weapons like Shield and Maces have a place in PvE.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

reworking traits or weapons would be a good start for condi spellbreaker.

But i thinks reworking the utility skills too would open some potential to this spec.

I mean look at this kitten things they are so niche in use this is painfull too watch.

I have been thinking about swapping body blow with whatever traits in arms so that there's a reason to take arms besides running a condi build (lol) and having it as a "sure why not" third traitline if someone wants to run core. You already have opportunist, which works on the cc principle and fits the theme of "setting up for the kill" so body blow might just fit that traitline, especially since it does something about bleeding (laughably as it may be). Could even buff the effects of vulnerability so that it has a stronger effect.

we're basically almost there; just a few changes and condi warrior would exist outside berserker or even the core class. never mind that warrior would also have a non-bleeding focused build which is another win. it would be similar to the old confusion warrior whenever they interrupted enemies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2024 at 2:10 AM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I just really want Warrior to have a viable Sword/Shield build. Is that too much to ask?

yes 🤣

But on a more important note: because of how shield works in this game, it's never going to be something that's remotely close to the viability of say, a torch, let alone part of the meta. The only reason people take shields on Engineers is because for a long time there simply isn't a better alternative for off-hand pistol, which is a condi weapon even after the recent buffs, so taking a shield for them is more of a "might as well" option.

Otherwise, shield is designed to be a defensive weapon from the get-go so you can't really make it do...well, something good. Sword can definitely use some improvements, though.

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 3:10 AM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I just really want Warrior to have a viable Sword/Shield build. Is that too much to ask?

You said "viable" not "meta" or even "comfy" so fwiw Shield is actually not that far away from sword or torch on Condi Berserker:

You just have to deal with well, condi berserker, on top of additional jank because King of Fires is such a powerful trait.

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Thanks 2