Good job another overnerf on vindicator in pvp when you don't know what to balance 🤦

arazoth.7290

Revenant

• Coalescence of Ruin: Reduced the damage coefficient from 1.75 to 1.45 in PvP only. Increased the height of the damage hit box.
  • Field of the Mists: Reduced the damage coefficient from 1.35 to 1.1 in PvP and WvW.
  • Urn of Saint Viktor: Reduced the strike damage reduction and the condition damage reduction from 50% to 33% in PvP only. Increased the cooldown from 2 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP only.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

But the 3 heals! Vindi has two of them! (One for 2.8k and the other for 3.5k on a 30s cd and with a 1.5 cast time)
Anyone playing full melee or shortbow vindicator got hammered as well. 👏

Ok so, buff Herald and Renegade now? Removing Vindicator as a competitive option does not suddenly make Herald and Renegade competitive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

But the 3 heals! Vindi has two of them! (One for 2.8k and the other for 3.5k on a 30s cd and with a 1.5 cast time)
 👏

sssht they can't recognize sarcasm this sarcasm, they might think it's good 😂.

4 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

👏

Ok so, buff Herald and Renegade now? Removing Vindicator as a competitive option does not suddenly make Herald and Renegade competitive.

I hope it isn't like this..., because that's just being lazy in balancing 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

I just did reach 10000 matches in PvP yesterday. That's after ~11200 hours in the game of which ~2900 has been in my main Revenent (still ~500 hours behind my previous main Guardian), yet Rev fills 61% of those matches nearly doubling Guardian numbers.

But I don't care much for the game lately. I'm cruising just doing the bare minumum to claim the dailies and in the last 3 months invested 380+ hours in Last Epoch instead.  PvP has been superdead for a while and PvE wise I didn't even entered in the map of the previous quarter update. I'm 8 achievements away from Vision and already have the gold/stuff for Sharur so the only leg I lack for Rev would be the next expansion weapon (if happens, hopefully not) which at most would take me a few months in the second half of the year.

So I'm too apathic to comment about the balance changes...  They are beyond the event horizon of caring...

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1

And here we are again, different time same problem, where a class receives a nerf for absolutely no reason in PvP. I quit this game in December but saw a reddit post on the new update changes. Good to see that anet is still bad at balancing that gamemode. Like why even change the Directors of the department if you’re just gonna do the same kitten you did 8 years ago?? How are you so out of touch with your fanbase?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I figured it wouldn't get nerfed until June, with the bigger balance patch, but you've been setting yourself up for disappointment if you didn't think Vindi was gonna take a nerf, tbh

It's just classic Anet fashion to hit hammer instead of something precise and targeted like Death Drop or other Vindi traits.

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Just more useless balancing to keep players on their toes. Sorry can't have you guys too comfortable, gotta keep going after what's nice so that you keep finding new ways to play because it keeps the game interesting. LOL.

Seriously, I'm sick of "nerf for nerf's sake" in a non-balance patch update. Meanwhile certain classes which might be a little too Blue somehow sneaks past the nerfs. Oh gee, who beat your Willbender in WvW today balance team? I hope it wasn't me! We're already gonna have a massive balance patch manifesto incoming, can't you just wait for that to really shake up the meta instead of a useless, micro balance patch to annoy people? 

Yes we're still gonna use Hammer, yes we're still gonna use Vindicator. It's just a small love tap to make it slightly weaker and that annoys me. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

PvP playerd the last weeks:

WAHH VINDI GIGA OP! NERF PLS! 

PvP players today:

ACKSCHUALLY! VINDI wasn't even good. So why the nerfs? 

I love this place. 

The usual 🥲

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

It's just classic Anet fashion to hit hammer instead of something precise and targeted like Death Drop or other Vindi traits.

Too be fair.... Hammer 4 needed the coefficient change. As a defensive skill, it didn't deserve to hit as hard as it was hitting. 

Everything else was extremely extra. Especially Urn. They're making it harder and harder to play with Charged Mists with every balance pass as they keep adding cooldowns to our skills. ANET, we use ENERGY, please alter the ENERGY cost first before resorting to cooldowns. I don't see Thief getting 5 and 10s cooldowns on their black-powder and heart-seeker, you actually adjust initiative costs for them. Please look at our mechanics and get a dev that properly understands how it works.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Too be fair.... Hammer 4 needed the coefficient change. As a defensive skill, it didn't deserve to hit as hard as it was hitting. 

Yeah I'm not surprised on that one. 1.8 on a skill that also gives a bunch of defensive value is pretty crazy. That's higher than almost every other ranged skill, including pure damage ones like True Shot.

To me the changes seem a quick and dirty set of nerfs to what they think are the current overperformers (most notably mace ranger and vindi), to tide people over until the big balance patch next month. Maybe they'll go back through and redistribute the damage.

Hammer's a bursty weapon, it's always gonna have pretty big damage on 2 and 3, that's kinda like its thing, but I don't think they predicted just how much it was gonna do overall with the changes SotO's brought. The reset on 5 and an actual fast auto is a lot of damage that isn't easily visible on a spreadsheet because it's very situational, and I don't think they were ready for it to have actual sustained damage at the same time now.

Posted (edited)

unpopular opinion, and i know im gonna harvest confused, cuz i am in the rev forums..... but...

Hammer 4 nerf was more than justified. 

No reason for a defensive skill to hit as hard as it did....   

The other nerfs are debatable... but the fact that Hammer 4 got nerfed shouldnt have been be a surprise to anyone.

Id even go as far as saying, that a 1.1x Coeef with 1200 range is still on the higher side for a skill that also grants you projectiledenial and aegis.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

unpopular opinion, and i know im gonna harvest confused, cuz i am in the rev forums..... but...

The other nerfs are debatable... but the fact that Hammer 4 got nerfed shouldnt have been be a surprise to anyone.

Yes, it was justified. It never had to be so overloaded in every way. It had everything. A projectile dome, an aegis and high ranged damage.
Hammer 2 nerf was whatever, I guess, it's weaker now than it was before Hammer got attention. Wack tbh.
Much faster auto-attacks + Hammer 5 refreshing 2 + Hammer 4 doing all that was too much at once. I'm not sure the reworks are worth it at this point.

Urn nerf was putrid. Five times the cooldown and made the effect simply not worth it at all. You cannot be healed while using Urn and it is no better than protection now.
Anyone not playing hammer with Vindicator got blasted as well.

Edited by Sereath.1428

24 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Id even go as far as saying, that a 1.1x Coeef with 1200 range is still on the higher side for a skill that also grants you projectiledenial and aegis.

I saw the hammer nerfs coming, the weapon isn't death lucky.

But I am mostly upset about the fact off nerf on urn of saint viktor... that one...

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Yes, it was. It never had to be so overloaded in every way. It had everything. A projectile dome, an aegis and high ranged damage.
Hammer 2 nerf was whatever, I guess, it's weaker now than it was before Hammer got attention. Wack tbh.
Much faster auto-attacks + Hammer 5 refreshing 2 + Hammer 4 doing all that was too much at once. I'm not sure the reworks are worth it a this point.

Urn nerf was putrid. More than tripled the cooldown and made the effect simply not worth it at all. You cannot be healed while using Urn and it is no better than protection now.
Anyone not playing hammer with Vindicator got blasted as well.

The one nice change they made on hammer many don't talk about is hammer skill 2 higher damage field.

I did last night used this uphill over uneven terrain and it landed perfectly. Same when you're standing on something, it is hitting more reliable.

So more reliable damage on this finally is nice, atleast they got that right lol

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

But I am mostly upset about the fact off nerf on urn of saint viktor... that one...

I think the nerf will play out not as significantly as it might look on paper, simply because of the way that % dmg reduction is calculated in Gw2.

The cooldown is the one thing.... but 10 seconds is still a very low cooldown, for how much impact the skill can have when used right.  10 seconds still allows for some good flexibility.   20 seconds cd would be sumthing diffrent... but 10 seconds is still quite good, ngl.

I think you will manage....      honestly.... it could have been wayyy waaaaayyy worse....   you know Anet 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Justified doesn't mean anyone has to like it. And besides, Hammer isn't the main problem, everyone knew how strong that 1 slug from Hammer 4 was. It was a matter of time. The main nerf was Urn nerf. BOTH DR reduction AND CD multiplied by 5 times is CRAZY. It's surprisingly heavy handed for such a small balance patch. 

As I mentioned, why do a little kick in our shins right now instead of dropping it all at the upcoming huge Balance manifesto? It's just so darn petty to release one right now when a huge one is coming up. The game's not going to immediately go offline if none of these balance changes went through today, but they did. 

Just stinks of antifun and kneejerk nerfs. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

10 seconds still allows for some good flexibility.   

uhm no, not for what it doing currently.

Even in full support mode it is really not that significant.

That nerf was kinda just sad...

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

@arazoth.7290

i honestly dont think this matter all that much bro....

i have never ever seen you use Urn more than once in a 10 second timewindow.    like... never..... 

10 seconds cooldown, is nothing... especially on vindicator, where you can buy alot of time with evade and blockframes.

I honestly think, that the CD nerf will be barely noticeable.

I could be wrong tho... but again.... have never seen you use it more than once every 10 seconds.  And i fought you LOADS.

Spoiler

(Thx guys, for not blinding downvoting, just cuz i have a diffrent opinion! the ele forums are alot more hostile ;D )

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

@arazoth.7290

i honestly dont think this matter all that much bro....

i have never ever seen you use Urn more than once in a 10 second timewindow.    like... never..... 

10 seconds cooldown, is nothing... especially on vindicator, where you can buy alot of time with evade and blockframes.

I honestly think, that the CD nerf will be barely noticeable.

I could be wrong tho... but again.... have never seen you use it more than once every 10 seconds.  And i fought you LOADS.

Reveal hidden contents

(Thx guys, for not blinding downvoting, just cuz i have a diffrent opinion! the ele forums are alot more hostile ;D )

??????? You never saw me use it more then once??? That's because I was behind the pillar or such in a safe zone of your attacks mostly.

But I used it mostly 2-3 after each other depending how severe. 

I used it a lot and now It really feels handicapped. So it really was a big overnerf for vindi overall in there sadly

• Confused 1

Just now, arazoth.7290 said:

??????? You never saw me use it more then once??? That's because I was behind the pillar or such in a safe zone of your attacks mostly.

But I used it mostly 2-3 after each other depending how severe. 

I used it a lot and now It really feels handicapped. So it really was a big overnerf for vindi overall in there sadly

Alright, ill take your word for it^^

you are the expert.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@Sahne.6950
It was half the re-sustain for vindi, since the normal heals are mediocre.
Not common knowledge for the average vindi, but it was relatively spammable by summoning and dropping it while kiting away and gaining up to about 2k every cycle. It was really never used for damage mitigation but that still helped quite a bit when trying to survive and reposition.

Like, whatever, tbh, at this point.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

@Sahne.6950
It was half the re-sustain for vindi, since the normal heals are mediocre.
Not common knowledge for the average vindi, but it was relatively spammable by summoning and dropping it while kiting away and gaining up to about 2k every cycle. It was really never used for damage mitigation but that still helped quite a bit when trying to survive and reposition.

Like, whatever, tbh, at this point.

wooowowowoow.... hold your horses... i feel dumb now.

i did NOT know this.   How does it heal?  cuz of salvation?  i thought the healing gets negated, cuz Urn is still counted as active when it proccs...

Educate me please! 😃

Edited by Sahne.6950