The Spinegazer (New Pet)

Beddo.1907

Posted (edited)

First of all, it's around the outside of Heitor's Gate POI in Inner Nayos, where you fight Ignaxious.

I like the design and animations, as well as it being ranged.
The kit is pretty good. You get another source of Torment and Confusion, which is pretty limited on Ranger, as well as AoE boon corrupt on an alright 20s cooldown (unfortunately, it's a projectile).
DPS without F2, no boons and no traits.: ~953
DPS without F2, no boons and traits: ~1947
DPS without F2, boons and traits: ~2895

Edited by Beddo.1907

Posted (edited)

Boon Corrupt is huge and sth i always wished for. To bad it's slow af, and all projectiles. Without projectiles it would be really nice to have in wvw.
All skills are so slow and animation locked so you cant get your boon corrupt off when you want it.
Plus the damage feels not good. 

I really hope they speed up the animations and remove projectiles.

And for fractal boon rip it needs to remove 3 boons in pve :S

Edited by Nero.7369
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Atleast its lot more tankier then most 15k hp pets. It has a high armor value is what I'm refering to.

I've been trying to use it in a pvp and wvw senario but I've been getting connectivity issues lately. So I haven't been able to see what can really been done with it.

On the flip side, for some reason you apply more Stacks of condi merged with Spinegazer, which means you can theoretically use akeem relic with it alone or in-conjunction with Iboga Confusion and torment. Looking around 16-20 stacks give or take. Didn't really look to far into it but it still an interesting option none of the less.

• Thanks 1

I've only tried it in Open World so far as Untamed is one of my mains for casual PvE, but very good first impressions. It has a nice kit and is tanky enough to take some hits before swapping to my secondary tanky pet. On manual with Untamed, the on-demand AoE blind with Staring Void on top of doing decent damage with Confusion feels nice. Tormenting Visions, while slow, works like every other tether-channeled skill like Arc Lightning and Confusing Images so it can hit multiple enemies in a line. The Epidemic-like projectile boon corrupt beast skill it has is one of the best things about it no doubt. Boon corrupt on a pet is very convenient. It's also in the 1,868 power tier for pets and has the maximum condi damage at 1000 to boot meaning it will do maximum damage with Unleashed pet skills. Overall it's pretty awesome. Just no cleave with it's auto attack and self-sustain or it would've been perfect. xD

Very flavorful pet. Using it on Untamed is kinda like having a mage companion, haha. Although, it's a bit weird having a kryptis demon as a pet, lol. Especially since a lot of them can talk and have personalities or something? I guess the spinegazers are kryptis animals?

Stacks some stronger conditions. Boon rip outside of untamed is grand. Works great with a torment/boon rip sigil and the soulbeast merge skills are awesome. I like the pet choice in general, I thought for sure it would be one of the demon spiders. Gazer is a great choice. Pleasantly surprised. 👁️

Posted (edited)

I was hoping this pet would be able to make (aheal) druid viable in fractals when NPNG is present (when no one else can do boonstrip in your party). But Anet decided once again to make the skill useless for fractals, because it only strips 2... And protection gets stripped last. Please just increase it to 3 boons, make it a strip not a corrupt if that would be too powerful.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/22/2024 at 7:57 PM, Phazon.3975 said:

I guess the spinegazers are kryptis animals?

Yes. There are a few inhabitants of Nayos that appear to be animals - including the spinegazers and... I forget their name, but the things that look like chak blitzers, but kryptisified.