Stealth on dodge for DE needs to go...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

Harbringer, SB, DH and Untamed in every single lobby on both teams and people complain about Thief.
Jesus Christ 🤣

I played a game last night with 2 enemy harbs, DE, and a power mirage. Primary X, then Y and Z free cast burst, it was brutal. Its kinde funny to see mid fights like that now, power is crept to the point 4 burst/glasier type specs can sit on mid, with no support. Is it like that in MATs or do they run supports? I don't really follow them.

Edited by Flowki.7194

14 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I played a game last night with 2 enemy harbs, DE, and a power mirage. Primary X, then Y and Z free cast burst, it was brutal. Its kinde funny to see mid fights like that now, power is crept to the point 4 burst/glasier type specs can sit on mid, with no support. Is it like that in MATs or do they run supports? I don't really follow them.

Normally there is atleast a support yea 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

4 burst/glasier type specs can sit on mid, with no support. Is it like that in MATs or do they run supports? I don't really follow them.

Support still played but in an entirely different field than your average ranked sup guard/ele donkey,,, at sup plays as a reset for the power/kill dps that decide map state

Edited by ccccc.4963

On 5/27/2024 at 9:02 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

meh tbf... DE is the most unhealthy thief spec, and i can understand the complaints.

Why is the burst higher than d/p, but you can do it at range?   i dont rly understand that part.

Stealth on dodge, also isnt the healthiest of mechanics anet introduced....

If youd ask me:

change Silent scope -> Preparing shadows:  Whenever you use a dodgeroll, you gain the effect "Prepared shadows" On your next Deaths retreat/Deaths advance, you will automatically combo a Stealth finisher.

Its kind of time, that DE has to invest Ini for gaining stealth, just as any other thief spec has to do.    

Thats kind of the reason they are so opressive.  They can just dump all of the ini into dmg, but still have access to stealth after doing it.

The burst of DE takes at least 3 seconds and requires u to literally not press a button or dodge. A drd spikes instant thats a huge difference u pleb

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

😞 still dont match all, awe, cant read?

It does fit, you're ignorant by choice.
DD D/P > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;all match;
Specter Sc/D > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (damaging), high damage CC ;all match;
DD A/D > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;all match;
3/3 perfectly match as I wrote.
DD P/P > blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;lack of unblockable;
DE Rifle > unblockable, blink, evades, stealth, high damage, CC ;lack of blind and condi spam in theory;
3/5 perfectly match and 2/5 almost perfectly match.
O O F
CaN't ReAd?
Teef mains don't even know what they have in their kits X D

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It does fit, you're ignorant by choice.
DD D/P > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;all match;
Specter Sc/D > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (damaging), high damage CC ;all match;
DD A/D > unblockable, blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;all match;
3/3 perfectly match as I wrote.
DD P/P > blind, blink, evades, stealth, condition spam (blind), high damage, CC ;lack of unblockable;
DE Rifle > unblockable, blink, evades, stealth, high damage, CC ;lack of blind and condi spam in theory;
3/5 perfectly match and 2/5 almost perfectly match.
O O F
CaN't ReAd?
Teef mains don't even know what they have in their kits X D

No, when we say condition, we don't mean non-damaging ones. ok gw2 lawyer? Most of those builds, in fact, do not have "unblockable", so that is gone. Also, builds on meta battle from the "test" or "barely works" section are not meta. You really look like a clown. Embarrassing, I'm getting diarrhea from reading your rubbish. You can't read, and I don't expect you to comprehend this either.  LINK THE BUILDS, and I'll show you in front of the 3 people who read the forums, line by line, YOU ARE WRONG

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

No, when we say condition, we don't mean non-damaging ones. ok gw2 lawyer? Most of those builds, in fact, do not have "unblockable", so that is gone. Also, builds on meta battle from the "test" or "barely works" section are not meta. You really look like a clown. Embarrassing, I'm getting diarrhea from reading your rubbish. You can't read, and I don't expect you to comprehend this either.  LINK THE BUILDS, and I'll show you in front of the 3 people who read the forums, line by line, YOU ARE WRONG

Condi spam is condi spam, doesn't matter what type. You can kill someone because he'll be perma blinded and can't fight back, that's a fact.
Most of these builds does in fact posses unblockable one way or another, just because something doesn't have it on your autospam "Steal" doesn't mean that the rest of the kit doesn't have it.
Oh no, the build is labelled as a "test"~ What we will do now~ It's still a build on a website that people will use, what does it matter if it's meta or not? Just because something isn't meta, it doesn't mean it's not busted.
I'd rather be a clown that preach truth than be a wannabe teef main that can't even understand how busted their own kit in reality is.
Gave you links as you wanted, but then you deny it without proof and move goalposts, hilarious. That's why teefs should be straight deleted from the game.

Edited by TrollingDemigod.3041
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 3:58 AM, T G.7496 said:

DE is just terrible game design, and the appeal that it has, the itch that it scratches, is troubling.

6 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Condi spam is condi spam, doesn't matter what type. You can kill someone because he'll be perma blinded and can't fight back, that's a fact.
Most of these builds does in fact posses unblockable one way or another, just because something doesn't have it on your autospam "Steal" doesn't mean that the rest of the kit doesn't have it.
Oh no, the build is labelled as a "test"~ What we will do now~ It's still a build on a website that people will use, what does it matter if it's meta or not? Just because something isn't meta, it doesn't mean it's not busted.
I'd rather be a clown that preach truth than be a wannabe teef main that can't even understand how busted their own kit in reality is.
Gave you links as you wanted, but then you deny it without proof and move goalposts, hilarious. That's why teefs should be straight deleted from the game.

The Plague of Favoritism / Favoritism in Game Design

"Favoritism is a subtle topic often ignored at the gaming table until it’s far too late. By the time players are accusing the storyteller of playing favorites, the game is already dead. In most cases, showing extra attention to some players at the expense of others is never done out of malice or even intentionally. In almost every scenario, favoritism grows from a case of mutual enthusiasm for the plot. As players buy-in and do more, the storyteller naturally reciprocates that attention and there is nothing unhealthy about this.

Until it spirals out of control fifteen game sessions in a row.

Once it happens at your table or in your game, it can be extremely hard to put feelings of resentment back in the bottle. Players will rightfully be upset that some characters get immunity from death or consequence"

As long Favoritism of Game Design a.k.a Toxic Game Design exists....nothing will ever change, don't believe anything. When 13 years of words and 13 years of actions appose, what are exposed? what remains?

"Habits and behaviors never lie. If there’s a discrepancy between what you say and what you do, I’m going to believe what you do every time." Darren Hardy

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2