WHY is there NO 'REPORT CHEATER' option?

2 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Cheaters - mostly thieves, ruin wvw. And there is no way to report them.

WHY? WTF ANET? 

Use the Botting reason if reporting someone who is cheating, hacking, or exploiting a bug for unintended gains. The Support Team will investigate further!

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010187753-Reporting-a-Player-or-Guild

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Cheaters - mostly thieves, ruin wvw. And there is no way to report them.

WHY? WTF ANET? 

Possibly because they don't care unless it is having an impact on revenue. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

well, glitching into lord room, is cheating in my book. There is no 'out skilled'. It is abusing a bug. 

This is why people are saying ANet would be inundated with cheating reports from people being outskilled — namely, players not understanding how other professions work or what tools are available to them, and thinking they must be cheating. I remember tons of people accusing me of cheating back in the old GW1 days when I ran a gimmicky mesmer skill theft build, because they'd see me use skills from a bunch of different professions on the same character and didn't realise that there was a legitimate way for me to do it.

I'm not saying you aren't coming across some hackers, but the fact that you say it's mostly thieves — a profession which famously has, amongst other mobility tools, access to perma-stealth and a portal skill — suggests they're simply hiding in the keep when the walls are down, staying in perma stealth, and then portaling in their buddies; a well-documented and legit strategy. Hacking and cheating exists, but particularly where thieves and mesmers are involved, 90% of the time they're just using their utilities to maximum effect.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

There are certainly ways to get into structures without breaking the walls or gates, and these are certainly things that should be reported to anet so that they can fix them, tho they have shown limited enthusiasm for doing so . . .

But I'm not sure players exploiting these oversights can be correctly labeled 'cheaters', it's more just bad form, for lack of a better expression . . .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

This is why people are saying ANet would be inundated with cheating reports from people being outskilled — namely, players not understanding how other professions work or what tools are available to them, and thinking they must be cheating. I remember tons of people accusing me of cheating back in the old GW1 days when I ran a gimmicky mesmer skill theft build, because they'd see me use skills from a bunch of different professions on the same character and didn't realise that there was a legitimate way for me to do it.

I'm not saying you aren't coming across some hackers, but the fact that you say it's mostly thieves — a profession which famously has, amongst other mobility tools, access to perma-stealth and a portal skill — suggests they're simply hiding in the keep when the walls are down, staying in perma stealth, and then portaling in their buddies; a well-documented and legit strategy. Hacking and cheating exists, but particularly where thieves and mesmers are involved, 90% of the time they're just using their utilities to maximum effect.

55 PVP Monk represent.  Yes, people did fall for that.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1