Guild Wars 2 Expansion Reveal: June 4

6 hours ago, Klypto.1703 said:

I just don't see myself purchasing anything for GW2 when its already announced that development is being done on GW3 already.  Which for most people the general idea that comes with that is GW2 is soon to be on an official maintenance mode.  Maybe this is just EoD 2.0 where they are saying yeah, it's on maintenance mode but will you buy one more thing before we shut down for good.

The slightest bit of understanding of how investors think and how what gets said in those meetings tends to differ from reality, would tell you that no, GW3 is not already in development. First off, the words “Guild Wars 3” were never used, they said “a new sequel to Guild Wars” which doesn’t automatically mean “GuIld Wars 3” a new expansion can also be considered to be a sequel, especially when talking about in terms of an MMO.

Investors generally don’t like MMOs, they are very high cost and extremely high risk for a payoff that in their eyes is that not actually worth it. “A new sequel to their highly successful Guild Wars franchise” sounds far more appealing to investors than “A new expansion for their highly successful Guild Wars 2 MMO”. Everything said in those meetings is carefully worded to appeal to as many investors as possible while still remaining as truthful as they can. If obscuring the facts will get them more funding or at least keep them from losing funding, then they will do so.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Apolo.5942 said:

I mean, what exactly is this offering?, warclaw, mmm... ok..., housing? we already have that.

I want to give you 25 bucks, but please give me an excuse to justify it.

I agree.

Let's see if, at least, for housing (Homesteads) we will soon get more details that will make this "new feature" look appealing. Because, as off now, if it's only about decorating and gathering, well... I already have housing with plenty of friendly service NPCs in it. 😄

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I agree.

Let's see if, at least, for housing (Homesteads) we will soon get more details that will make this "new feature" look appealing. Because, as off now, if it's only about decorating and gathering, well... I already have housing with plenty of friendly service NPCs in it. 😄

well for one not everyone will have a guild, or a guild which they would feel happy to spend gold placing chairs and tables in 'just for show' for a start

They could of done alot more with housing for sure. 

Edited by Dami.5046

• 3 weeks later...