Expac 5 Speculation

Poormany.4507

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

True, but master != creator. The Eye of Janthir obeyed the mursaat's orders, but that doesn't mean the mursaat made it, or were the first to use it. We'll see in Janthir Wilds how it goes though.

As I mentioned above, Titans have already been confirmed and are part of the second map. Mentioned in the news site kits that describes the maps:

https://zebrapartners.net/janthirwilds/

https://zebrapartners.net/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Janthir-Wilds-announce-press-release_FINAL-1.pdf

Reveal hidden contents

Launch day will see two new maps set among the deltas and islands of Janthir’s untamed wilderness, including the Lowland Shore, home to the Lowland Kodan, and the Janthir Syntri with its dangerous rocky shores, wandering titans, and mystic storms.

and

Reveal hidden contents

Titans: The mysterious magical entities of Janthir channel the energy from the very land itself, a mystic and ineffable enigma in this unexplored region of Tyria…

EDIT: Another source, same info: https://massivelyop.com/2024/06/04/guild-wars-2-announces-janthir-wilds-expansion-with-player-housing-and-raid-coming-august-20/

I know that but I was not certain if those things in the Trailer are the Titans or something else that was always a part of the lands since we have Elemental creatures that live in Tyria commonly sometimes act as natural being that always been in certain lands. 

Either way it looks like the Titan type we will fight are nature based. Curious how they manage to stay on Tyria this long unnoticed by anyone. Word should have gotten out considering the White Mantle were in that region which should have left reports about these Nature type Titans.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

16 minutes ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

I know that but I was not certain if those things in the Trailer are the Titans or something else that was always a part of the lands since we have Elemental creatures that live in Tyria commonly sometimes act as natural being that always been in certain lands.

Well based on this tweet, yeah those are also titans. Most likely the GW2 reimagining of the Hands/Fists of the Titans.

16 minutes ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

Either way it looks like the Titan type we will fight are nature based. Curious how they manage to stay on Tyria this long unnoticed by anyone. Word should have gotten out considering the White Mantle were in that region which should have left reports about these Nature type Titans.

In SotO, it's mentioned that during the events of GW1, Mabon went to Janthir and erected a barrier. I'll bet that the White Mantle stuff is only in the first map (Lowland Shore, with the kodan) and the second map is within that barrier - likely broken down since Mabon's death (and could be the inciting incident leading to Krytans being involved with the island(s)). The second map is also described as having "mystic storms" which would have kept White Mantle at bay, no doubt.They also weren't exactly open to sharing either their continued existence or anything in general, tbh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 7:47 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

In SotO, it's mentioned that during the events of GW1, Mabon went to Janthir and erected a barrier. I'll bet that the White Mantle stuff is only in the first map (Lowland Shore, with the kodan) and the second map is within that barrier - likely broken down since Mabon's death (and could be the inciting incident leading to Krytans being involved with the island(s)). The second map is also described as having "mystic storms" which would have kept White Mantle at bay, no doubt.They also weren't exactly open to sharing either their continued existence or anything in general, tbh.

Makes me wonder if something else is at play here instead of just trying to containing the Titans in the second map and potentially maybe stopping White Mantle activity in the first map. 

For now we are given little amount of information intentionally so if there are any big reveals in the main story, it will be saved for once we play the main story.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

Something that caught my attention in the guardian spear preview:

"Unlike the kodan that settled in the Shiverpeaks, the kodan of Janthir have long separated from their reverence for Koda. Instead, they’ve turned to the nature they’re surrounded by to guide their relationship with the world—the sun and all the benefits life seizes from it included."

So it appears that we have a group of bear-men who have turned away from Koda and moved away from the arctic regions into a warmer climate... or perhaps vice versa.

I wonder... Remember that kodan myth about the lost tribes, which they claim lost the favour of Koda, lost the ability to assume bear form except for short periods and were cursed to spend most of their lives in (relatively) weak, furless bodies? I wonder if we're about to meet the actual descendants of those lost tribes... and what effect it will turn out to have on kodan society when the supposed object lesson that the norn were presented as being turns out to be completely untrue and that all that actually happens is a change of fur colour in adapting to a warmer climate.

'Course, the Voices might well claim that the colour change is itself a sign of Koda's disfavour, however unfortunate the implications of that might be...

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 8:28 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Something that caught my attention in the guardian spear preview:

"Unlike the kodan that settled in the Shiverpeaks, the kodan of Janthir have long separated from their reverence for Koda. Instead, they’ve turned to the nature they’re surrounded by to guide their relationship with the world—the sun and all the benefits life seizes from it included."

So it appears that we have a group of bear-men who have turned away from Koda and moved away from the arctic regions into a warmer climate... or perhaps vice versa.

I wonder... Remember that kodan myth about the lost tribes, which they claim lost the favour of Koda, lost the ability to assume bear form except for short periods and were cursed to spend most of their lives in (relatively) weak, furless bodies? I wonder if we're about to meet the actual descendants of those lost tribes... and what effect it will turn out to have on kodan society when the supposed object lesson that the norn were presented as being turns out to be completely untrue and that all that actually happens is a change of fur colour in adapting to a warmer climate.

'Course, the Voices might well claim that the colour change is itself a sign of Koda's disfavour, however unfortunate the implications of that might be...

That would make a lot more sense than them being a group from Jormag dividing the species, since that event only took 150 years - not nearly enough time for genetic evolutionary diversion or the trailer statement of "we have been here before your cities stood tall" (unless that just references Krytan cities built post-Zhaitan, but still not enough time to turn polar bears into grizzly bears without magic). Three to ten thousand years, however, would be enough especially when magic is involved.

• Like 1

I hope it is the "lost tribe" of Kodan who went out into the wild. It'd fit their described rejection of Koda worship, as that tribe also rejected the teachings.

It makes a lot more sense and is far more interesting then them confirming the "Norn are kodan" myth which was mostly used as a means for Kodan to be superior and "better" then the Norn (In their minds).

It certainly would be quite the shake-up. I wonder if they retained the naming scheme of the Kodan or have something entirely new, since they call themselves "Bearkin"