Arc Divider

Warrior.9487

Arc Divider  

35 members have voted

1. 1. I prefere the

• Old one
    • New one

2 hours ago, Warrior.9487 said:

It's been about 1 year since the Arc Divider skill was changed.  Would you like the old one (3 spin) back or do you like the new one (1 spin)?

I want the old one back, the new version was just a blanket nerf to the skill, the shills stated that id did the same damage and yet they still came out with a followup patch that buffed its damage, a good comparison can be seen in the following video:

That it only hits once now is also a massive issue, multi hit abilities work significantly better against the constant blind spam.
Just like decapitate, the current iteration of arc divider can be totally nullified with ONE SINGLE CONDITION.
Its one of the main reasons that power berserker cant really do anything in PvP, a lot of the damage is simply nullified via aegis and blinds in melee.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

In many ways, Berserker is better than ever. High tier DPS in raids, Heat the Soul's overhaul, bottom 3 major traits making you virtually unkillable etc. and the upcoming buffs to core skills like Endure Pain and Stomp will be wonderful. But man... Arc Divider just feels soulless compared to before. It's not terrible, but I LOVED the old version of the skill. I desperately want it back. I think it should be kept as it is in WvW, where it's better for pretty much everyone, but in PvE I'd love to see it reverted with the aftercast ideally removed.

Edited by KingInTheNorth.1035
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

IMO if they don't want to bring back old arc divider just speed up the new one so it isn't a worse version of arcing slice :I

Lol it's way better than Arcing Slice. The move is... fine, at this point, since they buffed the PvE coefficient. But compared to what it was for years before, man, it hurts.

5 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

New one is better, bursts should hit hard and require timing, having the burst wasted as a blind/aegis clearer is worthless when there’s plenty of other ways to deal with that.

But people complain that so many of the traits require landing bursts yet they should all require strict timing/telegraphs?

People also complain that War has barebone utility and mechanics to face the complexities of other professions. They want to remove the need to time or set-up but want the pay off for doing so.  I personally like the 3-spins because at least it was distinct from Arcing Slice.  

13 hours ago, Lonecap.4105 said:

New one is better, bursts should hit hard and require timing, having the burst wasted as a blind/aegis clearer is worthless when there’s plenty of other ways to deal with that.

Yet every other profession does half the work for twice the effect.