Fix Bladesworn

Posted (edited)

Core Mechanics:

1. Eliminate Dragon Trigger.  Make the DS bursts available as the F1-F3 keys.  Gunsaber swap on F4.
  2. Max Flow reduced to 30 (to better map with adrenaline for burst-related traits).  Using a DS skill consumes all flow.  No charging mechanic to turn flow into cartridges. Damage scales based on flow as it does currently.
  3. DS 1 has 3/4s cast time.  DS2 and D3 have 1/2s cast time
  4. Using a DS skill puts it on an 8s CD.  The other two unused DS skills go on a 4s CD (e.g., you use DS-Force; it goes on 8s CD, but you can use Boost or Reach in 4s).

Utilities:

1. Replace Dragonspike Mine with Trigger Guard: Gain Aegis (4s) and 2 stacks of stability (3s).  Two charges; 40s CD/charge.
  2. Replace Electric Fence with Flicker Step: 1200 range teleport; Breaks Stun.  40s CD.

Obviously, there's a lot more that could be done, especially with Gunsaber itself and with Bladesworn traits.  But this should suffice to get the discussion going.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 3

I'll be honest, I don't need more F key or whatever, I just need an option to proc all strike of adrenaline for trait's purpose without the need to "charge".

For me Bladesworn's issue lie there:

Spending 1-4 charges counts as spending 1 bar of Adrenaline, 4-9 counts as spending 2 bars, and a full 10 charges counts as 3 bars of Adrenaline.

51 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'll be honest, I don't need more F key or whatever, I just need an option to proc all strike of adrenaline for trait's purpose without the need to "charge".

For me Bladesworn's issue lie there:

Agreed. That's what the OP achieves.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Agreed. That's what the OP achieves.

More accurately, that's what point 2 try to achieve, but there are 6 points. I'm fine with dragon trigger, DS skills and the utilities, I see no real need for change there.

I'd be fine with just a major trait saying: "Dragon slash" skills are replaced with "Dragon burst" skills. And then they would proceed to create 3 bursts that do not requiert any charging time to replace DS force, boost and reach.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

4 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

More accurately, that's what point 2 try to achieve, but there are 6 points. I'm fine with dragon trigger, DS skills and the utilities, I see no real need for change there.

If there is no longer a charge mechanic, there is no longer a reason for dragon trigger. It just is one more button press to access your burst skills (which roots you in place and is easily canceled by accidentally moving). It would therefore make more sense to "cut out the middle man" and have DS skills directly available.

And if there is no self-rooting DT, there is no need for trigger guard or flicker step (in their current iterations). Bladesworn's utilities, however, are pretty lack-luster, and this would be a good opportunity to revise the bad ones into something more appealing.

So it all fits together, is what I'm trying to say.

11 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

If there is no longer a charge mechanic, there is no longer a reason for dragon trigger. It just is one more button press to access your burst skills (which roots you in place and is easily canceled by accidentally moving). It would therefore make more sense to "cut out the middle man" and have DS skills directly available.

And if there is no self-rooting DT, there is no need for trigger guard or flicker step (in their current iterations). Bladesworn's utilities, however, are pretty lack-luster, and this would be a good opportunity to revise the bad ones into something more appealing.

So it all fits together, is what I'm trying to say.

Like I said, I'm fine with the middleman and the utilities. The only thing that bother me is that I can't get the benefit of the numerous burst traits if I don't spend time charging the various dragon slash.

Heck, I might even have been to ambitious asking for 3 bursts via trait, I'd be fine with just Trigger guard or Flicker step being transformed by a trait into a skill that spend flow without "charging" allowing me to get full benefit from the various core traits. I don't care if it result in a skill that do no damage, I just want a single option that give me my adrenal health, my cleansing ire, my berserker's power, my building momentum, my burst precision... etc. when I need it not 1.5 to 2.5 second after I need it.

You want to change way to many things on Bladesworn, it isn't something realistic to expect. Make it simple. Don't try to calculate whether something is needed after the change or not. Just a simple fix to a painful desing issue is more than enough.

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Counter proposal:

• Triggerguard and flickerstep go onto F4 and F5.
  • Using F1-F3 does not put the others on CD.
  • DSM recharges all Dragon Slashes.
  • Gunsaber moved to the elite as an advanced weapon kit.

Counter Counter Counter Proposal: 
- Flow reverted back into Adrenaline Lv 1 2 3
- Dragon Trigger skills now become Gunsaber skills. (1 Auto chain, Dragon Slash Boost and Reach as skill 2 and 3, Trigger Guard and Flickerstep as skill 4 and 5) 
- Dragon Slash Force becomes Gunsaber Burst. 

- Gunsaber moved to elite as an advanced weapon kit (as you proposed) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Like I said, I'm fine with the middleman and the utilities. The only thing that bother me is that I can't get the benefit of the numerous burst traits if I don't spend time charging the various dragon slash.

Heck, I might even have been to ambitious asking for 3 bursts via trait, I'd be fine with just Trigger guard or Flicker step being transformed by a trait into a skill that spend flow without "charging" allowing me to get full benefit from the various core traits. I don't care if it result in a skill that do no damage, I just want a single option that give me my adrenal health, my cleansing ire, my berserker's power, my building momentum, my burst precision... etc. when I need it not 1.5 to 2.5 second after I need it.

You want to change way to many things on Bladesworn, it isn't something realistic to expect. Make it simple. Don't try to calculate whether something is needed after the change or not. Just a simple fix to a painful desing issue is more than enough.

Agree to disagree 🙂

1 minute ago, Yasai.3549 said:

- Dragon Trigger skills now become Gunsaber skills. (1 Auto chain, Dragon Slash Boost and Reach as skill 2 and 3, Trigger Guard and Flickerstep as skill 4 and 5) 

That's actually a really interesting idea. Nice!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I've posted something similar, but I instead offered that the Dragon Trigger skills that become weapon skills become less powerful versions of Dragon Trigger, while Dragon Trigger itself remains the same but represent the more "powerful" version, which would be in reality the same charged attacks as we have now.

*Lan's idea of making gunsaber a weapon kit is pretty ingenious imo. I was going to abandon it lol.

Edited by Verdict is Vengence.6912
changed attribution of gunsaber idea

On 5/31/2024 at 12:43 PM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Core Mechanics:

1. Eliminate Dragon Trigger.  Make the DS bursts available as the F1-F3 keys.  Gunsaber swap on F4.
  2. Max Flow reduced to 30 (to better map with adrenaline for burst-related traits).  Using a DS skill consumes all flow.  No charging mechanic to turn flow into cartridges. Damage scales based on flow as it does currently.
  3. DS 1 has 3/4s cast time.  DS2 and D3 have 1/2s cast time
  4. Using a DS skill puts it on an 8s CD.  The other two unused DS skills go on a 4s CD (e.g., you use DS-Force; it goes on 8s CD, but you can use Boost or Reach in 4s).

Utilities:

1. Replace Dragonspike Mine with Trigger Guard: Gain Aegis (4s) and 2 stacks of stability (3s).  Two charges; 40s CD/charge.
  2. Replace Electric Fence with Flicker Step: 1200 range teleport; Breaks Stun.  40s CD.

Obviously, there's a lot more that could be done, especially with Gunsaber itself and with Bladesworn traits.  But this should suffice to get the discussion going.

bump

• Like 1