next expansion should remove all self-sustain aside from a generic heal, add monks, and resurrection signet.

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I love Baldur's Gate 3.  But the only reason it works as you describe is that, for the most part, the combat is very easy.  Classes are overpowered and itemization is completely bonkers.  It's fine for that game because it's turn based, so most of the skill involved is in strategy and the game is remarkable for reasons other than its combat. 

Sounds like the description of gear progression trinity design games. Where the encounter, instead of being a skill challenge, is primarily a puzzle to be solved, and a gearcheck to be passed. And most of the "challenge" gets resolved before actual encounter by reading a guide and gearing up properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Sounds like the description of gear progression trinity design games. Where the encounter, instead of being a skill challenge, is primarily a puzzle to be solved, and a gearcheck to be passed. And most of the "challenge" gets resolved before actual encounter by reading a guide and gearing up properly.

Clearly, you've played some "trinity" games that left a negative impression and now you blame it for every perceived ill in video games.  I don't think I should have to point out that trinity has nothing to do with the method of gear progression a game uses.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Clearly, you've played some "trinity" games that left a negative impression and now you blame it for every perceived ill in video games.  I don't think I should have to point out that trinity has nothing to do with the method of gear progression a game uses.

Not directly, no, but then overlap between games with either of those mechanics is almost complete. Especially when we consider MMORPG genre.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Everything you just said here perfectly describes FF11 and reminded me why I quit that game for GW2.

• Like 5

I can remember them saying right at thee start why there are no monks, because of the negativity healers get in games and believe me playing a support class with kitten DPS blaming you for a fail is fun times. However I can't see 'monk' coming into the game now.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 3:28 PM, Eddie.9143 said:

far easier to balance, everyone needs a monk, no class has way more self sustain than any other. 

This is one of the most downvoted posts I've seen lol.

Bad idea - Unless they completely redid 12 years of GW2 combat from scratch and/or introduced healing/protection/boon henchmen, the game is it is would just bleed out players if the requested changes were implemented.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1