Tried to Buy Janthir, "Something Went Wrong"

I tried to buy the Ultimate by clicking on Add to Cart in the comparison chart.  It asked me to log in, easy enough, and let me proceed to checkout and select my already linked PayPal payment method.  I said to buy and got a pop up that something went wrong, try again later.  I don't want to try again until I'm sure my payment didn't go through.  I still remember when the gem store lagged and people clicked buy repeatedly and ended up with multiple payments charged.

Posted (edited)

I've tried 2 different credit cards and I get the same message.  One of them has been linked to all my accounts for gem buying in game for years.  I dunno what's up.

UPDATE: I tried purchase through the gem store in game and it worked perfectly except I didn't receive some of the things I was supposed to.  The level boost or the shared inv slot or the extra char slot.  everything else I got though.  I purchased the ultimate edition.

Edited by Khazral.7592
update

Posted (edited)

Disable any ad blockers or anti-tracking software that you have that can interfere with the website. Disable any VPNs too.

My other problem is with this - I purchased the Ultimate edition, I saw money leave my account, but I didn't receive the item I purchased. It's telling me they are reviewing my purchase. Why?

Edited by snh.7091
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, snh.7091 said:

Disable any ad blockers or anti-tracking software that you have that can interfere with the website.

ad-blockers and anti-trackers are built in to SO MANY browsers, now... and are not able to be disabled in said browsers...

I ALSO cannot make the purchase, receiving error 108... no matter which payment method i use: credit card, debit card, paypal (linked bank account, or credit card, or debit card) The website does NOT ask me for my PIN (the gem store asks for my PIN every transaction.)

Just now, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

ad-blockers and anti-trackers are built in to SO MANY browsers, now... and are not able to be disabled in said browsers...

I ALSO cannot make the purchase, receiving error 108... no matter which payment method i use: credit card, debit card, paypal (linked bank account, or credit card, or debit card) The website does NOT ask me for my PIN (the gem store asks for my PIN every transaction.)

I'm on Safari on Mac, and play via NVIDIA GeForce NOW. I disabled AdGuard completely and whitelisted the page with Ghostery and it worked for me.

You could try an incognito window or another browser.

Also, when you consult their KB you'll see that error 108 refers to JavaScript issues on websites and ad blockers can have an impact.

1 minute ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you for bringing this up, I let people know so they can look into it right away.

Rubi, what about those who were able to purchase but haven't received their purchase? I received an e-mail with some weird purchase number saying ArenaNet will get back to me. I don't recall this ever happening before.

13 minutes ago, snh.7091 said:

Rubi, what about those who were able to purchase but haven't received their purchase? I received an e-mail with some weird purchase number saying ArenaNet will get back to me. I don't recall this ever happening before.

It's their automated fraud system.  It happens from time to time.  Just be patient.

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's their automated fraud system.  It happens from time to time.  Just be patient.

My anxiety is relieved. I just received my purchase. Janthir active! Thanks!

UPDATE: i forgot that i also have adblocker for windows... after disabling it completely... i was able to purchase from the account store on the website... but adblocker for windows does not interfere with purchases from the gem store. and Brave does not prevent purchase from the website store.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Kalendil Istarion.4103 said:

I've got a 100427 error.

I've disabled my adblocker, I've reentered my credit card several times and i couldn't buy Janthir Wilds. It's the first time I've problems buying in GW2 and i've been here since GW:EN.
Of course, my credit card it's not the problem.

That's a Visa payment gateway error code.  Try a different payment method or contact support.

https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/visa-direct-payouts/docs-error-codes

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

Try use your mobile for your order if you can, i had the issue with EoD and placing my order on my cellphone solved the problem (i assume it's some sort of browser extensions conflict with anet website).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

ERROR

Something went wrong, please try again later!

https//help.guildwars2.com/hc/articles/4409418445843

I still cannot use the gem store, I can't buy gems. Reported many hours ago and I still don't see a fix. This is why I hate patches, there is a chance that something will break and will never be fixed. I have been using VISA for gem purchases for years and suddenly one day my bank blocked my purchases in the gem store citing fraudulent activities on ANet side. One of the patches must have messed up the gem store payment system. The thing is, after many correspondences with ANet support, nothing is fixed. Then a friend advised me to use PayPal and all is good then. Until now. Again?? No way I am going to change my mode of payment again.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834

2 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

ERROR

Something went wrong, please try again later!

https//help.guildwars2.com/hc/articles/4409418445843

I still cannot use the gem store, I can't buy gems. Reported many hours ago and I still don't see a fix. This is why I hate patches, there is a chance that something will break and will never be fixed. I have been using VISA for gem purchases for years and suddenly one day my bank blocked my purchases in the gem store citing fraudulent activities on ANet side. One of the patches must have messed up the gem store payment system. The thing is, after many correspondences with ANet support, nothing is fixed. Then a friend advised me to use PayPal and all is good then. Until now. Again?? No way I am going to change my mode of payment again.

Exactly same issue.

First attempt to buy it with VISA via (adblock-free) browser. Ended up with error not listed on help.guildwars2.com 

Ingame attempt failed with the same error.

Then I tried to buy some gems, just to check if this works - and didn't even come to the UI to give my data - went out with Error 102 like above. 

I like to give Arenanet the full money, so I will wait if this gets fixed. I'd hate to have to buy this via a third-party vendor (even if it is an official partner). 

• Confused 1

Same issue 2 days now:
Disabled VPN
Tried 4 different browser - Edge, Chrome, Brave and Duckduckgo
Disabled security in chrome, enabled javascript (enabled in chrome by default) turned off ad blocker
Same errore

Support person told me in email, "Use a different computer"
Sure, buy me a new one! Happy to purchase using that! 
But my guess is new computer will have MORE security features, not less.

This does not feel like a "me" issue. 
You want me to buy stuff right? 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Damien Vryce.3578 said:

Same issue 2 days now:
Tried 4 different browser - Edge, Chrome, Brave and Duckduckgo
Disabled security in chrome, enabled javascript (enabled in chrome by default) turned off ad blocker
Same errore
Support person told me in email, "Use a different computer"
Sure, buy me a new one! Happy to purchase using that! 
But my guess is new computer will have MORE security features, not less.

This does not feel like a "me" issue. 
You want me to buy stuff right? 

Even if you have a different computer that some how worked around the problem and one year later another one of those patches broke the gem store again? Then what? Get another computer??  Instead of fixing their glitched patches, they want us to work around their problems. If I get a new computer, I will definitely get some of the latest games and dump this glitchy 12 year old game like a brick. Really.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Even if you have a different computer that some how worked around the problem and one year later another one of those patches broke the gem store again? Then what? Get another computer??  Instead of fixing their glitched patches, they want us to work around their problems. If I get a new computer, I will definitely get some of the latest games and dump this glitchy 12 year old game like a brick. Really.

I don't think it is the game. I think the problem is the third-party payment processor they chose to use and those two companies are probably arguing back and forth over who is at fault. The errors aren't game errors in many cases, but payment gateway errors.

• Like 1