Player housing : please add gameplay to it

It's just some random video about hats stacked on top of hats, with some added complications thrown in just because. Remember, they said:

...falling into the trap of releasing new features for the sake of releasing new features even if they overlap with something that already exists. This is something we’ve been referring to internally as “putting a hat on a hat.”

Considering the sentence right before the video, I thought the (very minor) joke would have been obvious.  🤷‍♂️

• Confused 2

On 6/15/2024 at 10:49 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

Thanks for the information. But does that mean we need a "free" crafting profession slot? I kind of want to have it on my main and not on one of the alts, who still have not chosen a second profession. Or it could be tied to a mastery line, having nothing to do with the classic crafting professions at all. 

That question scares me too. I have 4 crafting slots per character. I use 1 weapon and 1 armor crafting for daily cooldown materials, scribing for guild WvW stuff, and cooking for ascended farming and guild food. Basically I don't need to swap between characters for daily or guild things right now. Another crafting profession just for homestead could throw a wrench in my lazy ways.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

That question scares me too. I have 4 crafting slots per character. I use 1 weapon and 1 armor crafting for daily cooldown materials, scribing for guild WvW stuff, and cooking for ascended farming and guild food. Basically I don't need to swap between characters for daily or guild things right now. Another crafting profession just for homestead could throw a wrench in my lazy ways.

how a third character to do personal housing stuff sounds like right up you alley.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

how a third character to do personal housing stuff sounds like right up you alley.

A second character could work for it in my case. I just need to pray that they don't make some new daily cooldown recipes or consumables that I need to remember. If it's all furniture crafting, I can still be the incarnation of lazy on my main!

• Haha 1

I think it would be better just to add a portal within the Homestead that leads to the racial  home instance of whichever alt you are on at the time. Saves the developers time and money, without negating the hard work everyone put in to their home instance.

11 minutes ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I think it would be better just to add a portal within the Homestead that leads to the racial  home instance of whichever alt you are on at the time. Saves the developers time and money, without negating the hard work everyone put in to their home instance.

There's a portal visible in the Homestead screenshot.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/0a6ebJWHomestead.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

The "hard work" people put into their home instance is really just unlocked nodes , if those unlocked nodes can be placed in the new homestead then surely none of that work is negated?

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the ESO housing system, I hope Anet will make something similar.

You could purchase many different housings in various sizes and styles, and spend several months on the furniture, courtyard, decoration, crafting stations, pets. Define the walking path of your dog. So good.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Player_Housing

Edited by Azinoth.1902
  • Confused 1

On 6/4/2024 at 10:51 AM, Romana.4751 said:

I would also love an option for a library to store all of the books that we have been able to collect over time. I love going back and reading over what I have, and I think it would be great to add a place for that.

YES! THIS! Lol, I can't bring myself to throw away the books so I just dumped them all on a toon...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1