It's Time to Unroot Hundred Blades

LeoAP.8534

Unrooting it still wouldn't make it worth using most of the time over just auto attacking. Get CC'd or your target teleports, shadow steps, blinds you , or evades the last strike then you've wasted your time. Making it a 2s to 2.5s cast time would let it finish it's cast quickly enough that even if the last strike whiffs it would still be worth using over the AA chain.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Unroot, quicker, more dmg, more range and from 3 to 5 targets!
Give us back the arc divider with 3 spins and the DMG
GS Skill 3 is also very bad
GS Skill 4 is useless (most of the time the sword is not coming back)
GS Skill 5 is also still bad

Warrior need more dmg. We do less dmg on the Golem as the most other classes. In fights we are melee and must run, run and run so our dmg is even more bad If you compare this with ranged fighters.

Edited by Warrior.9487
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Kitty.4806 said:

Fun fact: hundred blades does about 2% more damage than auto attacking for the same cast time. 🙂

Hence why whiffing on the last strike makes it a dps loss over auto attacking.

Oscuro had threads on it here:

and here:

and here...

I made post on it back in 2021 here:

Prior to that I had a post showing the coefficients of greatsword relative to the AA chain.  If you miss the last strike of 100Blades you do 10% less damage than if you had spent that time auto attacking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hence why whiffing on the last strike makes it a dps loss over auto attacking.

Oscuro had threads on it here:

and here:

and here...

I made post on it back in 2021 here:

Prior to that I had a post showing the coefficients of greatsword relative to the AA chain.  If you miss the last strike of 100Blades you do 10% less damage than if you had spent that time auto attacking.

An update; I believe it now out damages auto attack by 15-20% now (I don’t remember off the top of my head) due to recent buffs. I would argue the tradeoff for that damage makes the skill weak relative to other skills and the tradeoffs they incur, but it is not down at 2% anymore

2 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

An update; I believe it now out damages auto attack by 15-20% now (I don’t remember off the top of my head) due to recent buffs. I would argue the tradeoff for that damage makes the skill weak relative to other skills and the tradeoffs they incur, but it is not down at 2% anymore

Not in PvE. That remains unbuffed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not in PvE. That remains unbuffed.

Ah, I know nothing of pve balance and am not qualified to speak on it. Duels and small group play in wvw are what I speak on most times. I used to include PvP but it’s been over a year since I really played PvP aside from the FFA

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Ah, I know nothing of pve balance and am not qualified to speak on it. Duels and small group play in wvw are what I speak on most times. I used to include PvP but it’s been over a year since I really played PvP aside from the FFA

Only the PvP version has been buffed, and it still has the same issues.

A 3.5 cast time self root that is backloaded is a dead skill in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Only the PvP version has been buffed, and it still has the same issues.

A 3.5 cast time self root that is backloaded is a dead skill in this game.

Yea, I agree it needs to be sped up. I disagree with the majority of warriors on here that it needs to be unrooted though. We shall see what Anet does moving forward, I’ve said my peace 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If it were a 2s cast time the root wouldn't matter. If it is unroots but still a 3.5s cast time then it would still have the problems that it has.

Exactly my thoughts.

On 6/6/2024 at 5:07 PM, LeoAP.8534 said:

It's not funny anymore. 

I've begun to believe that the whole skill needs another animation that's faster and unrooted so that the skill can be viable in modern Gw2. It's just a relic of a bygone era now.

• Thanks 2