Please have a bookshelf in our new homestead!

48 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That'd make me actually think positively about housing.

I don't care for housing itself, but such a change would free up some bank space for me.

I second this, 100% the same for me. Housing itself = meh, place to store all those books = yay!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moi.5013 said:

I have saved almost every book I have picked up through the years.  Please give us a bookshelf in the homestead to store these! ❤️❤️❤️

A bookshelf would be awesome.

Alsooooo, if we can customise a read/chill place - maybe one inside near a fireplace, and/or outside in the garden(if we can customise/have that), etc.  - it would be nice to have a place where we can select what book to be placed there - in the chair, or on the table 😁 

• Like 1

I think that there has been no bookshelf in the past in order to encourage players to purchase slots to keep all of these things.  Having said that, I suppose that they could add a piece of furniture that you could purchase shelves for?  That way, players would get book shelf storage and Anet would still get some $ for it?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I want closets!  

ETA: I better get a kitchen with the cooking crafting station I have in my home instance.  That thing was mondo freaking expensive.  I would like to also see at least 1 more crafting station possible, like in a tool shed.

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I think that there has been no bookshelf in the past in order to encourage players to purchase slots to keep all of these things.  Having said that, I suppose that they could add a piece of furniture that you could purchase shelves for?  That way, players would get book shelf storage and Anet would still get some $ for it?

They already switched their business model in a way that already should net them more $$. If they add a bookshelf, it should be obtainable by playing, not by paying imo.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

They already switched their business model in a way that already should net them more $$. If they add a bookshelf, it should be obtainable by playing, not by paying imo.

I'm sure everyone would like things to be free.  I'm just saying that if Anet can get more revenue, then as a business they would entertain the idea at least.  I can't imagine a business saying no to more money.

58 minutes ago, Nash.2681 said:

I could see it being like a node for you home instance or like the leather/cloth racks.  Like a basic housing, but then pay to add conveniences.  So I would not entirely get my hopes up for simply playing to earn items. 

• Like 1

I agree Moi. I have them on several of my alt characters from the beginning ....just hoping and waiting that this might be a feature :D.

I would add a few other items that I posted in another place

Text Below

Not sure if it's been said already, but a few ideas for a home instance:

Place to displace titles, collection items, armor, trophies, chairs we have collected, banners of guilds we represent.

Picture option with an in-game screenshot we can hang up.

Bookshelf for all of the books, journals and lore we have collected over the years.

Maps we have completed or are in progress.

Aquarium to display the fish we have caught (or at least a few like GW1 Hall of Monuments). 

And on a separate note regarding fishing, a tackle box for our fishing bait, preferably shared across the account, would be great. 

• Like 3

Not just the random books, but it could also be a tome storage. You still would want some things in shared inventory slots for the things you really want easy access to from anywhere, but otherwise it could act as a portal within the hub of your homestead.