How I hope the Raid is Implemented in the Open World

32 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes I know that.

But why should everyone in darkmode have to do extra things when you are the one who want to get your information out in a discussion on a forum?

When we use "why" it's a subconscious accusation that expresses that we've already decided guilt and the reason guilt exists.

Use "how come" or "for what reason" instead. I refuse to answer questions that use "why."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Since the OP doesn't want to adjust the text for those oif us with sight problems on bright screens, please see below text for fellow dark mode users which I've copied as plain text

Hope it helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Strikes are essentially the same system as raids, they're even completely sealed off from the open world as raids are. Dumping Strikes for integrated raids makes sense since you're unable to properly integrate Strikes in the open world due to how they function. ANet went to Strikes since then at least they could reuse assets that they had used before.

The issue is that people only need to have interaction with a Strike once and then never again if they so desire. This results in the assets still being effectively wasted. Properly integrating it in the open world justifies ANet spending time and resources on their development since people will engage with the raid in both the story and in the course of normal play.

How I think the raid will be implemented is that it will be a "buffer" zone between the second and the third map. Sorta like the Wizard's Tower serves as a buffer between Skywatch and Amnytas.

The narrative about the open-world version would be that the place was a "security system" and behind it, there was a barrier that restricted access to the third map. The raid is powered by something that upholds a barrier to the third map and causes a "reset" after each clear. The players continually assault the zone to exhaust whatever powers the raids. Two releases after the main JW where the players finally exhaust the power system and it's no longer able to both sustain the "barrier" to the third map and the reset. The system chooses to maintain the reset system rather than the barrier.

After the system is exhausted a raid portal appears so people can clear the place as a 10-man raid.

This would integrate the raid into the open world and make people properly aware that the content exists by constantly reminding people that it does. By having it as a mini-map it's also possible to create a separate timer for the assault on it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

When we use "why" it's a subconscious accusation that expresses that we've already decided guilt and the reason guilt exists.

Use "how come" or "for what reason" instead. I refuse to answer questions that use "why."

Wow. You might not be aware of it, but your behavior comes across as pretty aggressive for no reason, derailing in ways to assign blame to others, when people were merely trying to tell you about the issue that posting preformatted texts poses.

P.S. Isn't "why" the short form of "for what reason"? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, perhaps I have been using it wrong all these years. 😄

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wow. You might not be aware of it, but your behavior comes across as pretty aggressive for no reason, derailing in ways to assign blame to others, when people were merely trying to tell you about the issue that posting preformatted texts poses.

P.S. Isn't "why" the short form of "for what reason"? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, perhaps I have been using it wrong all these years. 😄

You do realise that "couldn't read please fix" is derailing a solution is available on their end before I could fix it.

P. S. I have an education and several add-ons as well as developed a communication hypothesis where you should always avoid "but," "why," and "not." Makes no difference if you speaking another language natively, when you use it you "hear" the definition in your subconsciousness before you express it.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Malus.2184 said:

You do realise that "couldn't read please fix" is derailing a solution is available on their end before I could fix it.

Yes, yes, everyone else needs to adjust so you won't have to do anything on your end other than talking people down and lecturing them, while making their usage of the forum a less pleasant experience because of your utter lack of understanding a simple, technical issue.

You cannot be helped.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1