Can't dye skyscale mount, no mount tab in dye section even after full unlock. (Only have SotO, weird I know but probably the issue)

So it's basically all in the title, spend days working hard to unlock the skyscale mount excited to turn it pink AF and nope. I've looked through the wiki and have done tons of google foo and I just can't. From what other people in game have said it should have become available once I had my first "fully owned mount" which I do now. The unlocked but not mastered raptor doesn't count according to them.  (I have fully completed the mastery "tree" and "a New Friend".)

Well I've done that now and I still can dye my mount. The only thing I can think of now is that for some reason A Net failed to address the issue of someone only owning SotO and unlocking a mount and assuming that everyone would have the earlier expansions first. Logical? Yes. Lazy AF? Also yes. I plan to pick the others up during the summer sale hopefully and figured SotO wouldn't so but it early.

I'd love to be proven wrong here and will fully admit to putting my foot in my mouth if done so, I just really would like to dye my mount please so if I'm missing some step let me know.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yetsuo.6120 said:

From what other people in game have said it should have become available once I had my first "fully owned mount" which I do now. The unlocked but not mastered raptor doesn't count according to them. 

You can dye every basic mount skin before you unlock any of them, are you sure you are in the right menu... ?

Because I had my Skyscale dyed orange before unlocking it in S4, every time I picked on in the ground in Dragon Fall before it was unlocked it was orange as I dyed it.

I just unlocked it via SotO on my alt account, and dying it is not an issue. :classic_huh:

Edit @Yetsuo.6120 : Is it possible that you tried to apply a dye you have not unlocked on your account yet? You can preview those, but they won't work on the actual mount.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just unlocked it via SotO on my alt account, and dying it is not an issue. :classic_huh:

Edit @Yetsuo.6120 : Is it possible that you tried to apply a dye you have not unlocked on your account yet? You can preview those, but they won't work on the actual mount.

Do you also own other expansions on your alt-account. Because my alt with only SotO also has no option to dye mounts, afaik you need PoF for it?

13 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Because my alt with only SotO also has no option to dye mounts, afaik you need PoF for it?

Ahh, now, that's an interesting observation. Yes, I own all expacs.

Hmm, guess this is a bug then after all. 🫤

• Confused 1

Okay so we have come to the conclusion that this is A-Nets fault right? I'm not crazy? @Schimmi.6872 and @Ashantara.8731
I was about to hop on and take a screen shot but read the whole thread first. But yeah The tab just isn't there at all should I place a ticket? Do you think they will even do anything about it?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That's excellent bug-hunting.  I hope you also open a support ticket and attach that screenshot.

I'm trying to but even though sign in with steam works fine on the forums here it's a constant loop error of "something went wrong" on their main site. Go figure.

• Sad 1

Just now, Yetsuo.6120 said:

I'm trying to but even though sign in with steam works fine on the forums here it's a constant loop error of "something went wrong" on their main site. Go figure.

Just send email to support then.  There's a problem with browser cookies and zendesk.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Just send email to support then.  There's a problem with browser cookies and zendesk.

Do you know that email? They seem to not want people to be able to find it.  NVM I found it.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047675213-Help-Our-Support-Team-Help-You

support@arena.net

Edited by Yetsuo.6120
  • Confused 1

Since yesterday I have email support after finding it and linking the page just in case anyone else was looking for it in the future. They responded with a pretty generic response of

"Hello,

Please submit an in-game bug report so that the Quality Assurance Team can investigate your issue.

There are two ways you can do this:

In-Game

This is a simple method you can use from within the game. It identifies your game account and character. It does not allow for screenshots, but you can include URL links to images and videos.

1. Click on the “Game Menu” button in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Choose the “Support” option from the menu.
3. Click on “Report a Bug” and fill out the form.

Guild Wars 2 Bugs sub-forum: https://forum.guildwars2.com/forum/9-bugs-game-forum-website/

The forum allows you to add screenshots and links. You can also track if your bug has been reported by other players.

Please note that the Quality Assurance Team does not respond to every bug report, but all reports are reviewed, triaged, and investigated.

If there is anything else we can help with, let us know. "

I get that it's best to go through proper channels but this is pretty underwhelming and feels very much like a "not my job" response. Might as well have been a robot. I'll still report to both but definitely don't feel like a valued customer.

Not to mention searching found This thread in bugs and apparently they have previously given the answer "just go buy PoF" and judging but the responses in there this has been reported before and they aren't going to do anything about it. You'd think that the support team would at least have record about it in their Zen Desk and be able to give a proper response instead of a run around wild goose chase.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The CS Team does not have the tools to fix bugs usually; that is the purview of the QA Team and the Devs.

Many things Mount-related seem to be Path of Fire-required.  Not sure that's something that can be changed so many years down the road.  🤷‍♂️

Path of Fire (plus Heart of Thorns) is often offered for only $7.50, so you might consider picking it up in the future.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The CS Team does not have the tools to fix bugs usually; that is the purview of the QA Team and the Devs.

Many things Mount-related seem to be Path of Fire-required.  Not sure that's something that can be changed so many years down the road.  🤷‍♂️

Path of Fire (plus Heart of Thorns) is often offered for only $7.50, so you might consider picking it up in the future.

Good luck.

Given that the Skyscale is a feature of SoTO, and that the Warclaw will be a feature of the next expansion, this shouldn't be an issue. Imagine spending 2k gems on a mount skin for a mount you own and not being able to dye it.

Still weird this issue flew under the radar till now.

• Like 1