Spiders Lair Meta

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And with that, good luck not buying the expansion if that's what you feel is the best for you, most of the other players will buy it and either play all of the content or partial content that they're intersted in. 🤷‍♂️ 

Others have pointed out that they are making some casual content. Maybe to balance the % of content I'm getting against what I'm paying a decent amount I should get the cheapo option as I usually get the nice ones. 

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Others have pointed out that they are making some casual content.

Like they always have been. This is not new, somehow "jw specific" or something they changed in the last expansions. It was repeatedly pointed out throughout last 2 pages of this thread that this was always the case and remains being the case. It's good that you understand that now and with that, it seems we arrived at the destination with the conclusion Vayne already explained to you at the rather early stages of the thread:

24 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Maybe to balance the % of content I'm getting against what I'm paying a decent amount I should get the cheapo option as I usually get the nice ones. 

Not sure why you think this deserves any mention. You weren't buying "nice option" because you wanted to spend more for the same game/amount of content -you were buying the options because you wanted what they offered, exactly like anyone else picking between those options. As always, buy what you want, it has no relevance to anything in this thread.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Vayne.8563

30k is easy to reach. 

Like cyninja said, proper gear and boons are needed. 

However, good exo gear is unbelievably cheap. We speak of less than a gold per piece which also comes with good upgrades.

Every class can get boons for themself too. 

My Openworld build on Warrior has 25might and Perma Fury, stab and Quickness. It even shares might and fury. 

Truth is, nobody expects Openworld players to get good. They only need to be semi decent. 

The performance of so many Openworld players is just so horrendous. I question reality sometimes. 

This is what I'm saying. Open world players don't need to do 30 k. They need to learn a little about the game. Which their big damage skills are, what their boons are, and how to use them together. How to break a bar. How to move out of a red circle. 

And I'm not even sure why some casuals argue about doing it, because if they can do that, the game will get better for them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

The % of public content they're making difficult is much higher than it's ever been. Personal attacks on me don't change that fact at all and that I just dont find having to organize content fun.

I could be the only one, then it's just anet's loss if I decide I don't want to keep buying  the game or just don't get the more expensive versions like I did. They're the ones with the bean counters.

Overall though, the game just doesn't feel the same for me and PVE team feels completely different than before and I don't think it's all in a good way. 

So that's a fact? In my opinion it's actually the opposite, as most metas (including spiders lair) now can be done by just throwing a full lfg squad at it. Meanwhile back in the days, before many of them got easier because of power creep and nerfs, metas like LS1 (Reworked Tequatl, TT, Battle of Lions Arch, Marionette), LS2 DT (T5/T6), HoT (all, especially Gerent, DS), etc. needed much more organisation then spiders lair now. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Like they always have been. This is not new, somehow "jw specific" or something they changed in the last expansions. It was repeatedly pointed out throughout last 2 pages of this thread that this was always the case and remains being the case. It's good that you understand that now and with that, it seems we arrived at the destination with the conclusion Vayne already explained to you at the rather early stages of the thread:

Not sure why you think this deserves any mention. You weren't buying "nice option" because you wanted to spend more for the same game/amount of content -you were buying the options because you wanted what they offered, exactly like anyone else picking between those options. As always, buy what you want, it has no relevance to anything in this thread.

See it's a conversation. He was tellling me what people who play this game wanted, and I was saying that not everyone who buys the game wants the same thing. It's absolutely relevant as a reply.

I could have changed it to playing the game instead of buying the game, but most people understood the context. It's important to understand that not everyone is going to define which should be in the open world the same way.  Some people think the open world should be kitten easy, but the fact that it pretty much has been is part of why we're in this fix in the first place. Anet can't advance the game, and has to leave it stagnant, because people didn't learn how to play the game. They 1ed their way through it.

You're just picking on the word buy, but if you change it to play it's the same comment, and it's absolutely relevant.

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

See it's a conversation. He was tellling me what people who play this game wanted, and I was saying that not everyone who buys the game wants the same thing. It's absolutely relevant as a reply.

I could have changed it to playing the game instead of buying the game, but most people understood the context. It's important to understand that not everyone is going to define which should be in the open world the same way.  Some people think the open world should be kitten easy, but the fact that it pretty much has been is part of why we're in this fix in the first place. Anet can't advance the game, and has to leave it stagnant, because people didn't learn how to play the game. They 1ed their way through it.

I agree and that's exactly what I'm pointing out too. Range of content for different players and anyone can play what they want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I agree and that's exactly what I'm pointing out too. Range of content for different players and anyone can play what they want.

Sorry it's early and I haven't had coffee yet. My bad.  I should give myself a confused emote. lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

So that's a fact? In my opinion it's actually the opposite, as most metas (including spiders lair) now can be done by just throwing a full lfg squad at it. Meanwhile back in the days, before many of them got easier because of power creep and nerfs, metas like LS1 (Reworked Tequatl, TT, Battle of Lions Arch, Marionette), LS2 DT (T5/T6), HoT (all, especially Gerent, DS), etc. needed much more organisation then spiders lair now. 

At least when I'm active, NA must have lost its chops (sometimes I play later, but last group was full). 

EDIT: I'm going to change my opinion on this slightly. The meta in a box is fine. NA may not be able to handle it. If rifts are dealt with DPS doesn't appear to be an issue. Even on one of my failed tries, the DPS was fine. The failure rate is still too high for what I would like for OW in my chosen region, but the meta itself is fine. Properly using the puddles for the right essence buffs I think lets your high performers easily carry the DPS load. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 3