Legendary underwater breather

I know most people don't really care for that but for some people that have completed multiple legendary items and even sigils and runes for underwater. I wish we could also get an underwater breather legendary so that we are able to have everything legendary that changes stats and has to do with buildcraft. Maybe we could make it something unceremoniously like the runes and sigils maybe even use the underwater swim infusions for a gift for the legendary since not many people interact with the sunken chests. I think the addition of this legendary it's either a win or something not many people care for. With my nonexistent knowledge of how these things are implemented it seems simple 😅

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I think there is a lot of potential for a Largos expansion, with a total reworking of underwater combat to make all weapons/skills function underwater. It would make sense to release a legendary breather (as well as open headgear skins) for something like that.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, PanoukosG.9762 said:

I know most people don't really care for that but for some people that have completed multiple legendary items and even sigils and runes for underwater. I wish we could also get an underwater breather legendary so that we are able to have everything legendary that changes stats and has to do with buildcraft. Maybe we could make it something unceremoniously like the runes and sigils maybe even use the underwater swim infusions for a gift for the legendary since not many people interact with the sunken chests. I think the addition of this legendary it's either a win or something not many people care for. With my nonexistent knowledge of how these things are implemented it seems simple 😅

This has been asked for many, many times. And as far as the sunken chests are concerned, you should read the patch notes for today's update and look at the event schedule. They're putting sunken chests in the limelight with its own event even.

22 hours ago, PanoukosG.9762 said:

I personally do have multiple legendary items including armor for all classes, runes, sigils, UW weapons, back items a set of all weapons and with a second set in work.
As kind of a completionist I agree with the feeling that a legendary breather is still missing, however I do not want a legy breather just for the sake of having a legy breather.

I think they shouldn't add one just to have every item avaiable in legendary.
A legy breather should come with underwater related content. Adding a new legy just for the sake and making it available easily to make people actually crafting it would be such a waste.
And when making it a proper legy without any actual motivation for people to aquire it, nobody would craft it except for a few completionists. So it would be a waste as well.

Plus it would waste the chance of a new legendary once they release something UW related.

• 1 month later...

I know I know.. most people seem to dislike the underwater stuff in this game. I think it's great and tastes are relative you know? I will never stop singing the praises of how cool I think underwater combat & movement is in gw2. Some really cool stuff there too many people don't ever see too which I think is also a shame. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, quake.9023 said:

missed opportunity. i would have farmed for this in JW, but i have no interest in another LEGendary backpack

Missed opportunity for some perhaps, but Anet doesn't prioritize a handful of players but most or at least enough players to warrant the resources for it. I also already have a legendary backpack. SoTO has legendary armor but I already had that as well. But many people wanted legendary items outside of pvp/wvw/raids and I get that; so this is just a continuation of that. At least there will be a new legendary spear.

Underwater content isn't that popular at all and just because you and I might want legendary underwater breathers, even if just for completion, doesn't mean Anet sees it as a priority.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2