AMAZING. Wintrading is a 3 day break these days, apparently.

3 hours ago, Neth.6108 said:

So I'm trying to figure things out in a non-bannable way, like a noir detective sneaking closer to the gritty truth... in last season's leaderboard, I can view the "friends and guilds" tab and see my fellow silver friends happily without rank. However, 2 users on my friends list are above 1600 and therefore should be in the top 250, but they're not ranked or visible in All.

Does that confirm that these two players wintraded & were removed?

Most likely they merely don't meet the 150 minimum # of games to qualify on the leaderboard, in spite of rating. The wintraders typically have their rating fully gone after the season (here we are using words like "typically" because it keeps happening!). They're also not that difficult to spot as they will have exactly 150 or very close to150 games in the last day of ranked, as playing the absolute minimum amount of matches is a good strategy even when playing legitimately, let alone if you have to "organize" your playtime.

• Like 2

ah, thank you lads. i was having a crisis of faith as a streamer i love watching wasn't ranked though above 1600, and i was worried i'd have to doublethink excuses to still like him, he just has <150 games lel.

• Like 1

@Neth.6108 jumping to early conclusions about wintrading is way more commons than actual wintrading, I would be careful with the finger pointing. I have 10+ years in pvp and ONCE I got asked to throw a game which I obviously declined, and once have I seen undoubtedly wintrading, this season with zyn on alt stealthing teamate to stop them from capping. Each time you saw afkers or players doing bad play, the odds are its not actually wintrading. Just someone pissed not caring about gamemode.

Edited by youle.5824
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

16 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

@Neth.6108 jumping to early conclusions about wintrading is way more commons than actual wintrading

fam, we in a topic with a screen of someone going 149-16.  

I know anet is all about namaste with their favorite streamers but it's getting wild wild now.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

@Neth.6108 jumping to early conclusions about wintrading is way more commons than actual wintrading, I would be careful with the finger pointing. I have 10+ years in pvp and ONCE I got asked to throw a game which I obviously declined, and once have I seen undoubtedly wintrading, this season with zyn on alt stealthing teamate to stop them from capping. Each time you saw afkers or players doing bad play, the odds are its not actually wintrading. Just someone pissed not caring about gamemode.

love it when win trade patsy comes to gaslight

youle your account should be banned long time ago

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

fam, we in a topic with a screen of someone going 149-16.  

I know anet is all about namaste with their favorite streamers but it's getting wild wild now.  

Yeah and I was one of the player that got a loss in p3 rating from their wintrading, think I'm more affected wouldnt you agree? I was referring to tagged played assuming someone wintraded just cause high rated and not on lb, now thats just witch hunt in the becoming.

47 minutes ago, Asuran.5469 said:

love it when win trade patsy comes to gaslight

youle your account should be banned long time ago

Lol for what exactly, report me make a ticket to anet whatever you want I never did anything remotely shady that would get me a ban.  Jealousy from lower rated players is sad alright. 

• Confused 3

Not gonna lie, it's crazy when i was placed rank 11 before the last day, with 500 games+ soloq.

only 1 night, i get pushed to rank 25 by 10+ people appearing overnight with minimum games played, who i've never see once in a match, even tho i have 500+ games in prime time and weekend.

almost choked myself laughing when i saw the leaderboard monday, compared to when i logged off sunday.

it seems like people still do care very much about rating and title, unlike the words they put out.

almost shed a tear for our beloved game, cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

most discussion ITT is talking about players who were literally banned by Anet and removed from the leaderboards. There's hardly any early conclusions or finger pointing (except pointing to the correct, smelly place I guess). Let it be made clear over and over again Anet knows people are cheating and just don't do enough about it. No assumptions, people *are* cheating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Did you read my post you quoted lol, guessing not cause you also just jumped to conclusion litterally there, reread it. I know ops koto wintraded and I know it better than most I had it happen against me in my game, I was referring another player in this thread that was wrongly assuming his buddy might be wintrading. That's the false assumption I was referring to. Read previpus posts for context.

11 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

most discussion ITT is talking about players who were literally banned by Anet and removed from the leaderboards. There's hardly any early conclusions or finger pointing (except pointing to the correct, smelly place I guess). Let it be made clear over and over again Anet knows people are cheating and just don't do enough about it. No assumptions, people *are* cheating.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Did you read my post you quoted lol, guessing not cause you also just jumped to conclusion litterally there, reread it. I know ops koto wintraded and I know it better than most I had it happen against me in my game, I was referring another player in this thread that was wrongly assuming his buddy might be wintrading. That's the false assumption I was referring to. Read previpus posts for context.

Yeah you were referring to a post where that player already had admitted he made a mistake and it was all already cleared up, I'm merely bringing it back to the main topic on OP's post that wintrading has been a known, egregious and repeated issue for a while now. You're the one who referred to something which was already over and I'm just reinstating it again that cheating is happening regardless of who's pointing fingers or not. Why this is the one post you decided to respond to anyway? It's because of your first point, that "jumping to conclusions is more common than actual wintrading" and I'm not sure why you felt this is necessary in a topic about confirmed wintrading, unless you've been accused very often of it or had friends accused to the point it annoys you? It's not like Anet is actually banning people permanently most of the time (unfortunately). Imagine barging into a court after a sentence has been declared just to yell "but wait, not all crimes like this actually happened!". You'll have more impact making a topic describing the situation where people were wrongly accused of cheating and affected by this.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I'm not sure why you felt this is necessary in a topic about confirmed wintrading, unless you've been accused very often of it or had friends accused to the point it annoys you? It's not like Anet is actually banning people permanently most of the time (unfortunately). Imagine barging into a court after a sentence has been declared just to yell "but wait, not all crimes like this actually happened!". You'll have more impact making a topic describing the situation where people were wrongly accused of cheating and affected by this.

I have litterally been falsely accused of wintrading in this very thread, and yeah every single player that can consistently get in top 20 top 10 ish gets called wintrader  more than once and it is actually kitten when as a player you know you never even considered wintrading and constantly face jealous salty forum warriors, let me tell you right now the witch hunt culture is way more present than the actual wintrading and it's hurting way more people. Wish anet would ban player like trevor calling wintrading left and right o every single player that win against him same way they actually ban and perma dishonored previous wintraders. Cause they are as much part of the issue.

Edited by youle.5824
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Yeah you were referring to a post where that player already had admitted he made a mistake and it was all already cleared up, I'm merely bringing it back to the main topic on OP's post that wintrading has been a known, egregious and repeated issue for a while now. You're the one who referred to something which was already over and I'm just reinstating it again that cheating is happening regardless of who's pointing fingers or not. Why this is the one post you decided to respond to anyway? It's because of your first point, that "jumping to conclusions is more common than actual wintrading" and I'm not sure why you felt this is necessary in a topic about confirmed wintrading, unless you've been accused very often of it or had friends accused to the point it annoys you? It's not like Anet is actually banning people permanently most of the time (unfortunately). Imagine barging into a court after a sentence has been declared just to yell "but wait, not all crimes like this actually happened!". You'll have more impact making a topic describing the situation where people were wrongly accused of cheating and affected by this.

I think youle is making a necessary point. The topic of wintrading get's people extremely doomer about the state of pvp and it's worthwhile noting that it is not rampant. It is an issue anet needs to address but not one that is regularly effecting people's games. I've personally never seen a wintraded game in ranked but I have been called a wintrader a couple times (and i'm a g3/p1 player so very weird). Ultimately the perception of wintrading being more common than it is is also not helped by Anet not properly punishing those caught wintrading. It's worthwhile to be reasonable and realistic in discussions like this, we don't want to go full doomer.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

bottom line is

even if they had sus records, 150 pnts above top 3 in leaderboards, they just got almost no punishment. I mean being that high above should be enough for the devs to look at it, cuz you know skillwise they're not better than naru, specially the war that i faced many times on his alt account and he couldn't never beat my g3/low plat skills lol, I didn't beat him either but i had that point neutral, considering 500 rating gap i should die in like 5 seconds.

the message is clear, duo q, q dodge, wintrade as much you want, just don't get caught on camera 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KurtLittleJesus.8139 said:

bottom line is

even if they had sus records, 150 pnts above top 3 in leaderboards, they just got almost no punishment. I mean being that high above should be enough for the devs to look at it, cuz you know skillwise they're not better than naru, specially the war that i faced many times on his alt account and he couldn't never beat my g3/low plat skills lol, I didn't beat him either but i had that point neutral, considering 500 rating gap i should die in like 5 seconds.

the message is clear, duo q, q dodge, wintrade as much you want, just don't get caught on camera 

They were caught on camera, and yet Spear was spotted the other day unbanned before the school girls had to settle their little debate so unfortunately my post time mentioning that got buried under it.

Edit: Just gonna leave this clip from subliminal's vod here of one of the many games they wintraded, that thief sucks at doing it : ) but was doing it nonetheless.

Edit 2: OK screenshot of the thread's page state once again taken, you can secretly delete it when I'm not looking now shadow mods : )

On 6/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, Fenrir.1742 said:

Spear spotted ingame unbanned btw. No title flex but could be waiting for noobs to flash it to in a few months : ).

I have the screen of it from the moment one of my contacts saw him.

Edited by Fenrir.1742

13 minutes ago, Fenrir.1742 said:

They were caught on camera, and yet Spear was spotted the other day unbanned before the school girls had to settle their little debate so unfortunately my post time mentioning that got buried under it.

I have the screen of it from the moment one of my contacts saw him.

maybe they got perma dishonor, what i meant is, even with sus records nothing would have happened if they were not caught on camera.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KurtLittleJesus.8139 said:

maybe they got perma dishonor, what i meant is, even with sus records nothing would have happened if they were not caught on camera.

Ah yeah fair, and seemingly true.

The players who struggle entering top 250 are feeling victimized by the after-hour duoQ warriors who sneak their way into top 25, while legitimate players who queue during peek hours get their top 25 taken away; are accused of wintrading by players who can't hit top 100.

Does that about sum up this thread?

Anet increasing the Minimum Games required (pretty hilarious because it does nothing) this season means that the Devs don't know what to fix.

I look forward seeing this old conversation in a new thread at the end of next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Saiyan.1704 said:

The players who struggle entering top 250 are feeling victimized by the after-hour duoQ warriors who sneak their way into top 25, while legitimate players who queue during peek hours get their top 25 taken away; are accused of wintrading by players who can't hit top 100.

Anet increasing the Minimum Games required (pretty hilarious because it does nothing) this season means that the Devs don't know what to fix.

I look forward seeing this old conversation in a new thread at the end of next season.

The wintraders gaslighting by calling the others wintrader too, fun party, at least this one carries weight w the real ones caught.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

accusing? there's a video showing they doing it

devs know very well what they need to fix, but it seems they are scared of losing those 200 twitch viewers cuz those streamers  constantly saying they'll quit the game if duo q is removed

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Again (this post is a good opportunity to reiterate this over and over!) there are no accusations here, people actually got banned and Anet and everyone else knows they are cheating. Other off-topic discussions have been made along the way and are already solved. The main point here is how little Anet does in spite of knowing.

And sure, lack of proper action towards the actual cheaters created this environment of high suspicion where players are prone to thinking of wintrading as the first option to explain outlier matches. But "raising awareness" to the poor victims of false wintrading accusation or mocking people who call out wintrading are neither related to discussing the actual cheaters (would be interesting in another topic though, some of the victims can make a poll to count how many have been wrongfully accused and should be due for compensation 🙂 ) nor is it even useful, since the solution to reduce paranoia is the same which is actually moderating the game.

• Like 1

You are right, and sorry if my message above was getting off topic, but about that lack of punishment, heard from naru this week they ended up getting perma dishonor and ofc did not keep/get the titles. Probably should just perma ban with all related account but at least perma dishonor does something when you only do pvp. Pretty much same as perma banned.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

You are right, and sorry if my message above was getting off topic, but about that lack of punishment, heard from naru this week they ended up getting perma dishonor and ofc did not keep/get the titles. Probably should just perma ban with all related account but at least perma dishonor does something when you only do pvp. Pretty much same as perma banned.

oh, nice they got perma banned, i played a match against you and anya with 2 accounts on my team i never seen before but they're claiming to be plat 3, you had that thief wintrader in your team, anya called 4v6 right away and i couldnt understand it,  i believe those 2 accounts were top 1 and 2 alts, taking down any contenders without risking their main's rating.