Janthir Wilds Spear Beta Event Feedback: Warrior [Merged]

6 hours ago, Vinvillivix.6579 said:

K cool, I don't really care about ranger. My issue is that fact they made warrior play like a range class when its entire class fantasy is to be in the melee. Im sure plenty people were looking forward to a spartan like playstyle. And now that is impossible.

Warrior is the master of weapons though, which includes ranged weapons. All weapons thematically would be within their purview. To claim that warrior's entire class fantasy is melee is as fallacious as saying that ranger's entire class fantasy is ranged combat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, having played with Spear a fair amount now, I can't say I like it. Something about it just feels off.
My overarching impression is that it doesn't fit one of the Warrior's core design principles, that of weapon-swapping. It doesn't synergise well with any other weapon that I've found, becoming a very selfish weapon to play with, thereby not being a very good Warrior weapon.

Sure, it may be doing numbers in the metagame at the moment, but that doesn't stop it being a boring weapon to play with.

Nothing about it is able to drag me away from my Core Hambow build, which I have recently further refined for PvE leaning a little more heavily on condi through Grieving gear and Crack Shot; I am also addicted to the rapid weapon swapping that comes with Discipline and Relic of the Warrior.