What Would Be The Cannon Commander If There Were To be One?

CelticFay.8351

Posted (edited)

Gw2 Lore allows players to choose their character from a variety of races, backgrounds and professions, as well as which gender, and the dialogues tend to be quite neutral not to break immersion. But if there were to be a cannon commander of the pact, what would they be? Here are my thoughts... 

The commander is always portrayed to be military savvy as well as tending to fix every issue using pure force, for this reason I'm thinking the commander would be a warrior. Plus when you factor in companions there aren't barely any warriors, other than Rytlock who later became a revenant. In my opinion GW2's lore focus a lot on human lore (and sylvari a bit with Zhaitan and Mordremoth, but mostly human), so I think the commander would be a human. And with the commander's connections with queen Jennah and lord Faren he would probably be a noble, which would also explain why the commander received such good training and battle knowledge. I personally like the dead sister story but the unknown parents would also work very well. And lastly gender I'm thinking the commander would be male since other than Braham all your companions are female (I also prefer the male voice actor). And with such profile I think he would join the vigil. 

So a human male warrior noble 😁, what are your thoughts? 

Edited by CelticFay.8351

I look at it this way, if they made a Gw2 anime/show, what would the best choice be? 

My answer would be sylvari. 

Simply for the Hot story. The very unique and close connection to an elder dragon. 

Because for everything else, it doesn't really matter what race you are. 

• Like 1

The game feels most catered for sylvari players from personal story to HoT, and from S3 to S4 for human players. IBS is more catered for charr players, and EoD after feels the most generic universal.

So probably sylvari and/or human.

As Kalavier said though, Dragon Bash began incorporating the trailer standins that began appearing per storyline with PoF/S4 (Duncan). There are currently 4 of them - for PoF/S4, IBS, EoD, and SotO.

• Thanks 2

Human most likely. Humans are everywhere in tyria. Many places have something to do with humans. Ascalon before destruction, Orr before destruction, Cantha, Kryta, Elona, Maguuma jungle druids before they turn into plants.

Human work best in Core. Orrians were humans and kryta has more risen attacks. 

Sylvari commander works best in HOT. 

Humans again in PoF.

Icebrood saga Charr or Norn commander. Any other race feels outsider.

EoD humans again.

SoO Every race works.

So human work best as canon commander. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 5:20 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Obviously, the cannon commander would be an Iron Legion engineer - they're likely to have far more expertise with cannons than anyone else.

Horrik is obviously the cannon commander. It's unknown, however, who replaced Horrik after his untimely demise as cannon commander, though the likeliest candidate is him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genesis.8572 said:

Horrik is obviously the cannon commander. It's unknown, however, who replaced Horrik after his untimely demise as cannon commander, though the likeliest candidate is him

Could be Sayida, she seems to have cannons loaded in her airship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Genesis.8572 said:

7 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Could be Sayida, she seems to have cannons loaded in her airship.

I mean... Followed by....

Also, Sayida got her ship from the drunkard Alehounds in Istan, didn't she? And they don't even know how they got their airship one day (because they were too drunk). Presumably one of the Aetherblade airships managed to somehow escape the Mists before the rest, and landed in Elona.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:18 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I mean... Followed by....

Also, Sayida got her ship from the drunkard Alehounds in Istan, didn't she? And they don't even know how they got their airship one day (because they were too drunk). Presumably one of the Aetherblade airships managed to somehow escape the Mists before the rest, and landed in Elona.

Those guys are dead but he still lives. Just saying. 

• Haha 1

3 commanders, of varied species and gender. A Sylvari for Personal Story -> HoT, human for LWS3- PoF. LWS4: Any/all. Norn/Charr for Icebrood Saga.  Human for EoD, any race for SotO. Maybe the same human, but a Norn or Charr could work just as well for Janthir Wilds.

Edit: In bold.

Edited by Drizzt.1796
Making corrections.

8 hours ago, Drizzt.1796 said:

3 commanders, of varied species and gender. A Sylvari for Personal Story -> HoT, human for LWS2- PoF. LWS4: Any/all.  Human for EoD, any race for SotO. Maybe the same human, but a Norn or Charr could work just as well for Janthir Wilds.

I find your lack of IBS.... humorous.

And how LWS2 is before HoT but you list it after 😏