Objectives will now become contested if the lord is put into combat.

Hi anet, please change this to lord's "HP is damaged" instead of put into combat, there are exploit or underground hack that flipping T3 keep without contesting or with any gate and wall damages, this one changes will deter exploiter and hacker.

Edit: To clarify, there are old hacks and exploits that flipping T3 keep without contesting, if you played long enough you will knows which guild or old server done that.

Edited by foxof.8752
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

To clarify what is being said here, T3 Keeps (or at least the ones on the Red Borderland, I've only been involved in the defence events there so far) are not contesting since the July 16th Update, despite both walls being brought less than 98% as per the patch notes.

I suspect this is a straight-up bug rather than any particular exploit or underground hack, since I watched it happen with both enemy teams attacking normally with catas.

• Sad 1

It is definitelly bugged. Hills did not contest at all atm.. this is just so "hillarious" with all those recent changes and I feel really healthier now. Just #keepboonblobshappy

Edit: contesting by damaging a wall

Edited by zemiacsik.4590
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Val.2510 said:

To clarify what is being said here, T3 Keeps (or at least the ones on the Red Borderland, I've only been involved in the defence events there so far) are not contesting since the July 16th Update, despite both walls being brought less than 98% as per the patch notes.

I suspect this is a straight-up bug rather than any particular exploit or underground hack, since I watched it happen with both enemy teams attacking normally with catas.

There is an exploit where they can get in, and kill the lord, and finish the ring, without the keep ever going contested. The exploit predates the patch by a few years.

• Like 3

Just now, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That's weird, that was not in the live stream. 

We had BIG flipping our home border today so i did not really think about it first because they have a lot of damage, but then we where flipping things back and tower lords where dying superfast even though we where just a few. And when i say superfast it was matter of seconds. Keep lord also died faster but they have their stuff they need to do like jumping around bonking you, if they just stood there they would likely die just as fast. This was red border, maybe that matter i dont know.

• Like 1

Wait guys! Are you saying that Anet released a major update without really testing it and that it broke the game by introducing easily noticeable bugs?
Naaaah.. this cannot be!
They would never: their QA department is just too kitten professional!
I say FAKE NEWS!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2024 at 3:30 PM, Leaa.2943 said:

Also the lord seem to have hp like a veteran. Regardless if you are 5 or 50 killing it, it dies much faster now.

Took 3 bays with 2 players so far today, scaling felt the same so not sure here.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Is notification of keeps flipping sometimes broken too?

We had a call out that HBL hills was under attack (had swords on map too), no one responded (separate problem), but I didn't see any notification that the keep had fallen. Yet 5 minutes later when I looked at the map it had indeed flipped. My chat log was up, I had been in WvW the whole time but there was no notification of it changing hands. I could see notifications of various camps changing hands but not the keep?

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 4:49 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Is notification of keeps flipping sometimes broken too?

We had a call out that HBL hills was under attack (had swords on map too), no one responded (separate problem), but I didn't see any notification that the keep had fallen. Yet 5 minutes later when I looked at the map it had indeed flipped. My chat log was up, I had been in WvW the whole time but there was no notification of it changing hands. I could see notifications of various camps changing hands but not the keep?

I admit that's one of those notifications that my brain just bypasses, will have to try and watch for that tonight. 

On 7/16/2024 at 7:55 PM, CafPow.1542 said:

Or…

you know….

finally fix eploits / glitches / hacks / whatever?

naaaah I’m just kidding. Who would want that? Silly me.

We all know that isn't going to happen.. Anet have a really poor record of actually doing anything about hackers, exploiters, AFK macro'ers, double box bots etc etc

Heck go run a few pvp rooms and see how many bots are sitting in spawn and getting targeted by the bot controller and his other +2 bots in the bonus event .

The whole game, not just just WvW  is rife with it because ANET have been so not interested in fixing the problems

EDIT - Current matchup we have a couple of players using portal hacks on Gyala Hatchery, combined with speed infite heals... when called out all they said was "dont care F2P farming accounts so don't care and ANET don't care either and wont do anything"... just about sums it all up, not even sure why I bothered to report them tbh cos actually they were kinda of right.

Edited by Bloodstealer.5978
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

There are towers were you can use longbow to get the lord in combat and contest the objective without ever entering the tower. You just find a spot outside and aim up... lord gets hit by splash damage and the tower gets swords on it. 

Not all towers can be contested this way, which makes it ever worse because some teams will have a disadvantage because they'll have to keep checking towers that are being contested this way. 

Perhaps an Anet gamer can run around and test this themselves and adjust as necessary. (Higher walls around tower lord rooms?)

• Like 4

On 7/23/2024 at 8:40 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

There are towers were you can use longbow to get the lord in combat and contest the objective without ever entering the tower. You just find a spot outside and aim up... lord gets hit by splash damage and the tower gets swords on it. 

Not all towers can be contested this way, which makes it ever worse because some teams will have a disadvantage because they'll have to keep checking towers that are being contested this way. 

Perhaps an Anet gamer can run around and test this themselves and adjust as necessary. (Higher walls around tower lord rooms?)

Careful, using words like test can get you in trouble 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1