Rev hammer 4 and BSW.

Again, projectile hate in this game is insane.

Bladesworn was nerfed without even addressing one of the real issues (Aegis spam + Shield trait).

And rev hammer 4 is a 6s projectile hate on a 12s CD skill, and i'm not even mentioning the other things that this skill provides. Come on ANet.

Edited by Zekent.3652
forget to put 'trait' after 'shield'
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

It's a tiny field, not Omni directional, bsw was projectile denial this is only denial. There are enough ways to counter it, behind, on the side, going close enough that projectile doesn't work.

With this many counters there should be no right to complain even, this is litarly a skill issue...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It's a tiny field, not Omni directional, bsw was projectile denial this is only denial. There are enough ways to counter it, behind, on the side, going close enough that projectile doesn't work.

With this many counters there should be no right to complain even, this is litarly a skill issue...

Sooo... the counter to the shield is hitting it from the sides.....  in a game where you can turn your charackter whenever, and however fast you want.....   riiiight XD

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

Sooo... the counter to the shield is hitting it from the sides.....  in a game where you can turn your charackter whenever, and however fast you want.....   riiiight XD

Ikr, by that logic the bladesworn answer could be "just hit on melee and aegis disappears bro"

💀

Lmao

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

in ranked match, you can hit enough times from the side, back and even if you're face to face close up projectile vs this the projectile doesn't work unlike dh/holo projectile denial/block field which works up close.

If I am in a build with shortbow vs them in ranked, I litarly do this and the projectile field becomes penetrable because of it.

I am not counting 1v1's duels because the entire game isn't balanced about it and changes made specifically to break a weapon because 1v1 issue shouldn't be a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

Ikr, by that logic the bladesworn answer could be "just hit on melee and aegis disappears bro"

💀

Lmao

aight keep complaining on forum about a skill issue. I gave tips how to work around this mechanic and you straight up ignore it 👌, the usual pvp forum mentality.

Comparing it to bsw block/projectile reflection. That was really just because you can freely use a block first to deny the attack and then same have offense because it reflects projectiles/gives longer defense uptime same time. That's more defense/offense same time when you try to attack. It's litarly completely different then this and less counterable...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

aight keep complaining on forum about a skill issue. I gave tips how to work around this mechanic and you straight up ignore it 👌, the usual pvp forum mentality.

Comparing it to bsw block/projectile reflection. That was really just because you can freely use a block first to deny the attack and then same have offense because it reflects projectiles/gives longer defense uptime same time. That's more defense/offense same time when you try to attack. It's litarly completely different then this and less counterable...

Both are bad.
And unhealthy for this game.

Stop pretending everything on rev is fine dude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zekent.3652 said:

Both are bad.
And unhealthy for this game.

Stop pretending everything on rev is fine dude.

Skill issue, not saying more on this one.

If I can have in ranked with shortbow on rev a heavy projectile weapon zero problem vs this, then what is the excuse aside skill issue.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Rev's hammer is still quite overloaded, so before people start complaining about Power Herald too (since it's already running it, it's just too good as a weapon),
I'd actually voice my complaints as well about hammer; it didn't need: Faster auto attack, #4 becoming instant + aegis and dealing damage, #5 refreshing #2. All at the same time.
It simply needed a non kitten #2, like it was years ago before they removed the damage drop-off from it.
Right now theres no real reason to pick shortbow over hammer; more range, more damage, #2 not being a projectile and two defensives on top.

Hopeless balance because they keep throwing kitten at the wall.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

in ranked match, you can hit enough times from the side, back and even if you're face to face close up projectile vs this the projectile doesn't work unlike dh/holo projectile denial/block field which works up close.

If I am in a build with shortbow vs them in ranked, I litarly do this and the projectile field becomes penetrable because of it.

I am not counting 1v1's duels because the entire game isn't balanced about it and changes made specifically to break a weapon because 1v1 issue shouldn't be a thing.

I mean.. you are not exactly wrong....  but getting upclose and personal with Vindi isnt something alot of specs can do....    you know... deathdrop. Hammer5... that kinda stuff xD

If i would just mindlessly stack under you... id be dead in 2 seconds 😄

I cant just say:  oh... he uses hes projectile denial.....  lets fking hug the vindi....   that sadly doesnt work.

That being said... i still dont think Hammervindi is overpowered.    Its a "top dog", no doubt. But i think its within the boundaries of "reasonable".

Just letting you know that "hugging the vindi to bypass the denial" or " hit him from the back" isnt really a option for 80% of builds.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

Rev's hammer is still quite overloaded, so before people start complaining about Power Herald too (since it's already running it, it's just too good as a weapon),
I'd actually voice my complaints as well about hammer; it didn't need: Faster auto attack, #4 becoming instant and dealing damage, #5 refreshing #2. All at the same time.
It simply needed a non kitten #2, like it was years ago before they removed the damage drop-off from it.
Right now theres no real reason to pick shortbow over hammer; more range, more damage, #2 not being a projectile and two defensives on top.

Hopeless balance because they keep throwing kitten at the wall.

Shortbow works perfectly for condi builds/hybrid damage builds, only power builds it isn't better then hammer in pvp bc no defensive in it. So it still gets used

34 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I mean.. you are not exactly wrong....  but getting upclose and personal with Vindi isnt something alot of specs can do....    you know... deathdrop. Hammer5... that kinda stuff xD

If i would just mindlessly stack under you... id be dead in 2 seconds 😄

I cant just say:  oh... he uses hes projectile denial.....  lets fking hug the vindi....   that sadly doesnt work.

That being said... i still dont think Hammervindi is overpowered.    Its a "top dog", no doubt. But i think its within the boundaries of "reasonable".

Just letting you know that "hugging the vindi to bypass the denial" or " hit him from the back" isnt really a option for 80% of builds.

death drop is another issue I have adressed and suggested change on. If that change happens on death drop, everything else will give a lot more breathing room.

What now is happening, people are finding complains about every bit they can nitpick about on it. Things like this aren't adressing vindi but ruining revenant overall, if hammer was this strong atm it would have made herald same time meta.

And approaching the enemy in general, not only vindi shouldn't be the hollywood knights charging in battle upfront to each other. There are things like splitting yourself/them same time up, surounding enemy, flanking. Enough tactics and because vindi field of this isn't omni directional but a small field up front with some opening in it, it can be abused to pressure them with projectiles still.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

death drop is another issue I have adressed and suggested change on. If that change happens on death drop, everything else will give a lot more breathing room.

Totally agreed.  This would change EVERYTHING.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

going close enough that projectile doesn't work.

Yeah man, I'm sorry but with a vindicator dropping 4k damage on every dodge I'm not getting close to them.
And also the skill gives aegis, mitigating the counterplay you just mentioned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah man, I'm sorry but with a vindicator dropping 4k damage on every dodge I'm not getting close to them.
And also the skill gives aegis, mitigating the counterplay you just mentioned.

That's why I said to suggest that about death drop many timessss.

The problem isn't hammer, it's that stupid trait ruining many things.

1 hour ago, Voodoo.3201 said:

The anti projectile field from rev is bugged too so u cant even shoot them in the back 🤷‍♂️

then why did I manage to do it to others last night succesful? Unless it's today bugged because today I haven't done pvp yet

4 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

how long is this on rev now for hammer and suddenly cry outs from every corner

Vindi was always in crosshairs after mace ranger nerfs.

It's about which spec gets more nerfs and which comes out as the meta.

Right now ranger competing with vindi for the meta spot.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Vindi was always in crosshairs after mace ranger nerfs.

It's about which spec gets more nerfs and which comes out as the meta.

Right now ranger competing with vindi for the meta spot.

hammer is core weapon, that aint about vindi. The problem is never solved still then.

Death Drop instant damage is the problem

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

then why did I manage to do it to others last night succesful? Unless it's today bugged because today I haven't done pvp yet

Go try it, it has been bugged for a long time lol just ask anyone to try

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Voodoo.3201 said:

Go try it, it has been bugged for a long time lol just ask anyone to try

15 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

then why did I manage to do it to others last night succesful?

Seems I tried it.

If I see numbers appearing when I directly shot them in the back, you're going to tell me these numbers on the enemy didn't happen what I saw...

I am saying what I seen from my experience

• Confused 1