Ranked Matchmaking for PVP Rigged against older players?!

41 minutes ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

fighting on the forums >>>> fighting in pvp

Aight, I will hold the bets for the duel. I will hold 10% for myself and the winners who won the bet when the fight has ended get the rest. Ez gold for everyone 😉

This is clear as mud to me. Are more experienced players matched against each other and less experienced ones matched against each other in season? Or does the experience level only count in the initial placement matches?

14 hours ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

This is clear as mud to me. Are more experienced players matched against each other and less experienced ones matched against each other in season? Or does the experience level only count in the initial placement matches?

As far as i am aware, the "what level are you" part of the algorithm is always in effect, not just the placement games. 

But it doesnt have that much of an impact anyways.... Alts / low population, yada yada  screw the matchmaker up to a point where anyone gets matched with anyone almost. 

like.. i remember that one time where i was doing my 10th placement game.

I had someone on my team that asked why he dies so fast.   "I have a yellow helmet with bad stats and no backpack.... can that be why?"

And we were literally facing 2 of last months MAT winners... 🫠

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

As far as i am aware, the "what level are you" part of the algorithm is always in effect, not just the placement games. 

But it doesnt have that much of an impact anyways.... Alts / low population, yada yada  screw the matchmaker up to a point where anyone gets matched with anyone almost. 

like.. i remember that one time where i was doing my 10th placement game.

I had someone on my team that asked why he dies so fast.   "I have a yellow helmet with bad stats and no backpack.... can that be why?"

And we were literally facing 2 of last months MAT winners... 🫠

See you kinda prove the opposite point, the algorithm deemed you good enough to carry mister noob vs the MAT winners, there is a big chance that mister noob would not have been in the game with the MAT winners if you didn't queue up with your bloated behind the scenes MMR and he ends up there to fill rating gap.

The fast game queues conflict hard with the "fair play" guard rails and it creates the opposite of the intention.
I think Anet should do a mash up with the old ranked system and the new one , where you start up with grinding the ladder till you reach the current Rating based climb.