I guess that's a no on multiple homesteads

Well i guess that answers my question before i had to ask https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/homestead-essentials-living-in-janthir-wilds/ It's probs unlikely that we will get multiple homesteads down the line due to this being primarily a way to sell xpacs. "Since your homestead is account bound, we also wanted your handiworker crafting discipline to be account bound. We also wanted to create a stronger synergy between the content of Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds and your homestead, so, rather than reaching higher levels of the crafting discipline by crafting more decorations inside your homestead, you’ll instead do so by playing the rest of the Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds content and earning regular experience points."

i noticed they are pushing heavy the idea of decorating rooms/homes. and in that PC gamer video a while back it show - how i like to decorate - outside the box -  build your own home in the homestead area and completely ignore the home they give us! I don't want to say i was hoping for, cause that never happens but the idea of multiple homesteads- different styles, different spaces to decorate in seems like a marvelous idea. I know , i know its still early it could happen, it just doesn't seem from that article that's the direction they weer thinking..

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

What?!!? New features are primarily there to sell new "exansions" and not to improve the players enjoyment of the game?!?! Stop the presses, someone has to tell Kotaku about this groundbreaking development...
No, yes, of course it is. Not that I know anything and I doubt anyone at ANet knows at this point, but my guess is that Homesteads will go the route of Guildhalls going forward, i.e. next "expansion" will have one, that will have a little bit less work put into it than the JW one and the "expansions" after that (shuold those exist) will be an afterthought because the feature will not be a selling point at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

17 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Well i guess that answers my question before i had to ask https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/homestead-essentials-living-in-janthir-wilds/ It's probs unlikely that we will get multiple homesteads down the line due to this being primarily a way to sell xpacs. "Since your homestead is account bound, we also wanted your handiworker crafting discipline to be account bound. We also wanted to create a stronger synergy between the content of Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds and your homestead, so, rather than reaching higher levels of the crafting discipline by crafting more decorations inside your homestead, you’ll instead do so by playing the rest of the Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds content and earning regular experience points."

i noticed they are pushing heavy the idea of decorating rooms/homes. and in that PC gamer video a while back it show - how i like to decorate - outside the box -  build your own home in the homestead area and completely ignore the home they give us! I don't want to say i was hoping for, cause that never happens but the idea of multiple homesteads- different styles, different spaces to decorate in seems like a marvelous idea. I know , i know its still early it could happen, it just doesn't seem from that article that's the direction they weer thinking..

I don't see why they couldn't add another homestead down the line for another expansion. It will have to be successful with JaWi but if it is, then they are more likely to continue with housing in another expansion. But let's just wait and see first how successful this housing thing will be.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I don't see why they couldn't add another homestead down the line for another expansion. It will have to be successful with JW but if it is, then they are more likely to continue with housing in another expansion. But let's just wait and see first how successful this housing thing will be.

They could totally but it doesn't seem likely this xpac. they said "We also wanted to create a stronger synergy between the content of Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds and your homestead," "you’ll instead do so by playing the rest of the Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds content and earning regular experience points" to sum up the whole xpac is for this 1 homestead.

Most of this xpac is homestead related. Each previous xpac has it own theme. HoT gliding/jumping mushrooms, Pof Mounts, Eod, skiffs/fishing, Soto rifts, JW homesteading. They could progress forward with homesteads like guildhalls it's a possibility but an old concept and its the anet way so sadly that's probs their bright idea, but they could make more money releasing new homesteads through the gem shop while also adding more to the game  each quarter, but again I don't think that's their plan for JW with what they are doing mastery wise.

The main selling point of JW and like Omega.6801 said  "Homesteads will go the route of Guildhalls going forward, i.e. next "expansion" will have one, that will have a little bit less work put into it than the JW one and the "expansions" after that (should those exist) will be an afterthought because the feature will not be a selling point at all. " So doing it this way would be a bad idea if they are just not going to care about it (much like the rollerbeetle breaking thru walls). There is so much more potential with multiple homes with regular releases. I can see JW being a testing ground year and if it succeeds they could be release more regularly especially if the community does amazing things in them. Fashion Wars has seen nothing yet!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Translation: "I have no evidence to this point, i'm just making this stuff up as i go"

There's no translation needed. It is as I say it is. I don't know so my guess is and I say so clearly in the text that my text is my opinion. This is not the "gotcha" you think it is.

• Confused 3