Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

Darves, what you are asking for is basically changing the entire identity of the game. If it is made any easier, you might as well watch a movie.

GW2 is advertised as casual friendly, because it has no gear treadmill. Which means ther is no gear progression, once you have the best in slot that's it. The trade of for that is player progression. You get better in this game not because your gear improves, but because you yourself improve. And for that to feel rewarding, there has to be a certain level of frustration. Just enough to get you motivated to sink your teeth into the game and learn how to play it. I for one am very greatful that there was no option for easy mode. I was only interested in the story and would have picked easy mode and never discovered the joy of becoming a more skill player. Not that I am anywhere near being actually good, but the progress feels very good already. The dopamine hit I got from that stupid hero point in verdant brink, once I finally got it? That had me smilling the rest of the evening. And it made the story so much more immersive to have struggled and inproved. The heart of maguuma was scary, it felt dangerous and I could actually feel the need for a whole army to be their with me. And the win at the end, felt truely earned. No one wants to be a Mary Sue.

You are absolutly right, that you are allowed to ask the devs for changes. You have done so extensively. And we are allowed to aks the devs to please not make the story any easier, just because someone would rather watch a movie. We have all presented our case and now it is up to the devs, to decided where they want to put their resources. And it doesn't mean that I can't tolerate your opinion to give my own. That's just offering a diffrent view point. For goodness sake I even started my first post with saying that I know where you are coming from. I can understand you. But I chose a diffrent route and wanted to give add my perspective. Because I feel like I found a much more rewarding solution. Still, both are valid and again it's up to the devs now what they want their game to be.

And maybe you need to do some self reflection in general. You started this thread by telling people who disagree with you to not even read it. That's not what tolerating diffrent opinions looks like.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe don’t post in a public forum if you can’t stand different opinions. 

This is my thread where I expressed my requests and opinions. You came here to convert me and make me realize that my opinions are wrong. You don't like my opinions and my opinion. Just leave the thread.

• Confused 8

32 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I'll give you an example of how the difficulty level is terribly poorly balanced: Completing the story, LW's and expansions is too difficult for me, but I can play the way I know how to get rewards from WvW, running silly from ruin to ruin, occasionally killing sentries. And if I had enough gold, I could craft legendary armor. So the mode for hardcore players, i.e. Wvw, does not require anything from me, but the plot is so difficult that I cannot complete it. It's rediculous.

12 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

It's simple, I play at night. There aren't many players. I don't fight with other players, I run away or they kill me.

You're saying you can cope with the difficulty of wvw, but you always run or die to other player. In a game mode which is pretty much all about fighting other players. No you can't, this content is also too difficult for you.

Edited by Atoclone.4810
Typo
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I expressed my opinion. I asked the developers about changes to the game. I justified my request and my opinions. If it irritates you so much, stop attacking me for it, just drop the thread that irritates you. It's that simple.

Same goes for the game ya know? if the game gives this much frustration, perhaps find another game? for the sake of your mental health.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I'll give you an example of how the difficulty level is terribly poorly balanced: Completing the story, LW's and expansions is too difficult for me

Yes, GW2 has a balancing problem. But on a different level than you might think.

If the LW, story and open world in general are already too difficult for you (they are the easier areas in the game) and you don't enjoy listening to other players' advice and getting better and then completing the content over time... well, then I don't know what to recommend to you... just this much: just play what you enjoy and ignore everything else in the game, because you shouldn't hope that Anet will completely overhaul the game so that you like it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

This is my thread where I expressed my requests and opinions.

You started the thread, but you don't own it. Every thread is an open discussion in which different opinions are legitimate. That's why it's completely OK if different opinions are exchanged here and people try to help you so that you have more fun in the game.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5

Just now, Zok.4956 said:

You started the thread, but you don't own it. Every thread is an open discussion in which different opinions are legitimate.

Excellent. So I'm going to express my opinion. I express my observations and comments and ask developers for changes to the game that I consider necessary.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

So I'm going to express my opinion.

Totally fine.

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I express my observations and comments and ask developers for changes to the game that I consider necessary.

Of course you can. Just like other players can express their opinion on your requests and why they think your requests and reasons are rather unrealistic and wrong.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Excellent. So I'm going to express my opinion. I express my observations and comments and ask developers for changes to the game that I consider necessary.

And you also insist that others not be allowed to express their own position on the topic.

...and by claiming the changes as a necessity you have proven an opinion to be objectively false.

• Like 9

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

And you also insist that others not be allowed to express their own position on the topic.

...and by claiming the changes as a necessity you have proven an opinion to be objectively false.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I don't care. What you have no right to do is to force me to accept your opinion as objectively true and mine as wrong. This won't happen

• Confused 8

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. I don't care. What you have no right to do is to force me to accept your opinion as objectively true and mine as wrong. This won't happen

No-one is forcing you to do anything at all, all we did was posting advice, and share OUR VIEWS on why this is a non issue. you do you boo.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

Thank you for your opinion, but I don't agree with it. First of all, the Swtor engine copes with it, everyone runs with a companion and often two pets. Eso also has companions and there is no drama. Gw2 is based on the tweaked Gw1 engine and there you could have many companions and finally, the most important thing, now in GW2 the enginger or ranger have quasi companions, many people have miniatures and there is no problem. Ultimately, your companions could only be visible to you.

I've never played ESO or SWTOR, so unfortunately I can't speak for those games or their engines, so I'll only speak for the things I do have experience with. GW1 had instanced maps, with henchmen replacing party members, so even if you had a full group of necromancer henchmen, you probably wouldn't be looking at more than 40 characters total. GW2 caps maps at about 80 players. If each player had a full set of companions, that's 400 characters running around before they even start summoning minions. I'm not sure what the character cap is before GW2 starts getting unplayable, but I do remember a major minion number nerf happening in WvW, with the justification that it would reduce lag. Even making characters invisible wouldn't help the technical side of things, since their interactions with enemies would still have to be calculated, and you get the problem of other players just seeing a mob attack empty air and die. Even minis affect the game, which is why heading into populated areas will often show the message "minis have been hidden due to rising population". A good spot to see that right now would be the Labyrinthine Cliffs during the treasure hunting event.

You mention ranger and engineer as having companions, but I'd argue that there are major differences between a companion and a pet. A good companion has a role in the story beyond just being someone who follows the player around and hits things. I'm going to use Divinity Original Sin 2 as an example of companions done well. Each of them has their own story arc which intertwines with the player's, and each one plays a major part in the storyline. Each one reacts to the player's choices, or offers their own suggestions when the player goes to make a choice. I'm just not sure it's possible to do that in a game where you can go back to earlier story steps whenever you feel like it, unless you restrict companions to the subset who could actually be at that place at that time. Even then, you would have to cut down that subset further because a lot of the characters who could be there are already in those instances as NPCs. At that point, why even have companions in the story instances when you could just have the NPCs in the instance help you out for that instance? Oh. Wait. That's what already happens in GW2, and the devs have intentionally made allied npcs nearly useless in combat so the player has to do most of the work. Why should the devs change that tradition, especially when judging by

I'm left wondering why you want companions. Is it just a thought train of "Game is too hard ->Companions would make it easier->Devs should add companions" or is there something more to it?

Just for reference, my train of thought on companions goes something like "Should we add companions? -> How would that affect the plot/balance/server load? ->[See my previous post for all the negatives I've thought of so far]->Are there positives that would make it worth it?->There are some, but the negatives outweigh them->Maybe companions aren't a good idea."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

What you have no right to do is to force me to accept your opinion as objectively true and mine as wrong. This won't happen

Nobody is forcing you to have a different opinion... but it would be helpful for a discussion if you responded to factual arguments instead of saying something like "I stick to my opinion, nobody can convince me".

It's obvious that you don't have much experience with GW2 and may have misunderstood one or two of the game's concepts, and there's no shame in getting help from experienced people.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sircian.8065 said:

I'm left wondering why you want companions. Is it just a thought train of "Game is too hard ->Companions would make it easier->Devs should add companions" or is there something more to it?

Yes, first of all, I want a companion because the game is too difficult for me and they could help me (they could be optional as an easy mode, for example) Secondly, I like companions, just like in Swtor I like it when my companion accompanies me on adventures, comments, I can talk to him/her and have various interactions and adventures. Additionally, I can romance my companion.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

16 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Yes, first of all, I want a companion because the game is too difficult for me and they could help me (they could be optional as an easy mode, for example)

That's already in the game. For that, I would recommend a low-intensity Mechanist (engineer) build. For the open world and story, that's a pretty big "easy mode" where you can sometimes almost go AFK during a fight without dying and the Mech companion makes it much easier for you.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

No one has attempted to force you to do anything. If you don't care that others are expressing an opinion contrary to your own why do you insist that they leave the thread?

That said, by definition of the word, "necessary," any claim that the changes you expect are necessary is objectively false. If the game can exist without those changes they are by definition not necessary.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

That said, by definition of the word, "necessary," any claim that the changes you expect are necessary is objectively false. If the game can exist without those changes they are by definition not necessary.

Okay, I can agree with that. These changes are necessary for me and other weak players. However, you must then agree that the game is not objectively easy because this is an objectively false statement.

• Confused 8

5 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

If so, developers could expand this and add an optional companion for each class and it would be great.

They could, but they didn't. For reasons. Do you want a solution that would help you immediately, or do you want to just complain and wait to have fun until your request is maybe implemented at some point (or never)? 

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

Okay, I can agree with that. These changes are necessary for me and other weak players. However, you must then agree that the game is not objectively easy because this is an objectively false statement.

This game, if one uses the tools provided, is easy. Now outlier individuals without the ability to utilize those tools will find their experience with the game to be challenging. As an example, my niece is very mentally challenged. She cannot successfully play a game of checkers, Candy Land, or anything requiring the ability to grasp abstract concepts or focus for more than a few seconds at a time. That does not make those games difficult in and of themselves. It means that she has difficulty in playing them.

So, in the sense that theoretically someone could lack very basic physical and mental capacity to comprehend and perform simple tasks.... the game will not be easy for everyone. But that is not a reflection of the game but rather of the player.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

So, in the sense that theoretically someone could lack very basic physical and mental capacity to comprehend and perform simple tasks.... the game will not be easy for everyone. But that is not a reflection of the game but rather of the player.

The game is not objectively easy. It may be subjectively easy for you and subjectively difficult for me. It's that simple.

• Confused 7