[Resolved] In-game Browser (CEF) buggy?

RESOLVED: My problem was solved by swapping the install locations of ReShade (now goes into ./bin64/cef/) and ArcDPS (now goes into game's root directory). πŸ‘Β Thank you, Delta! πŸ™‚

Original Post:

Am I the only one who has trouble getting the Trading Post and the Wizard's Vault to load?

This happens frequently to me since the last big patch, and everytime I have to restart the game to fix the bug. (Deleting the Local.dat, clearing the cache and repairing the client did not fix the issue.)

What's going on?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Am I the only one who has trouble getting the Trading Post and the Wizard's Vault to load?

No, you're not.

Also inventory and bank tabs don't load right either when first loading into a character. I get colored outlines for quality, and the quantity of stacked items, and...that's all. Everything else just looks like an empty cell until it all finally decides to load. No actual item icons appear until a minute or two later. And this is all after a (typically) 75-120 second load time for the zone itself.

It started with Dragon Bash (along with the vanishing flames on the FDS), and has gotten steadily worse ever since.Β 

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
image link, 1st paragraph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

No, you're not.

Also inventory and bank tabs don't load right either when first loading into a character. I get colored outlines for quality, and the quantity of stacked items, and...that's all. Everything else just looks like an empty cell until it all finally decides to load. No actual item icons appear until a minute or two later. And this is all after a (typically) 75-120 second load time for the zone itself.

It started with Dragon Bash (along with the vanishing flames on the FDS), and has gotten steadily worse ever since.Β 

Hmm, strange. I don't have a delay on content loading times, though.Β πŸ€” The browser would simply remain blank and I would need to restart the game when that happens.

• Confused 1

Typically I close/reopen the WV/BLT/bank/inv a few times and it eventually gets the memo. It's been getting worse and worse.

I have the -maploadinfo CL switch tacked onto my launcher so I can see what the 🀬 holdup is, as well as exactly how long each zone takes to load. The "model load" numbers are the key holdup, causing huge delays pretty much with every zone change.

"Elapsed wait time" is shown near the bottom of the info display, which is where I'm seeing those seconds keep adding up...

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
link
  • Haha 1

Someone mentioned it ingame. Didn't know it happened a few days as well - must not have tried to use the vault or trading post at that time. In another thread someone mentions the website being down. So it seems the login servers and the map (main game) servers work fine atm but the shared services are down. With website, vault and the trading post sharing the same server(s). Must be because that ingame stuff also works like a website.

The API also down I guess. Checked the wiki and the prices can't be fetched on an item that usually displaye TP prices. Maybe a database related issue?

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Someone mentioned it ingame. Didn't know it happened a few days as well - must not have tried to use the vault or trading post at that time. In another thread someone mentions the website being down. So it seems the login servers and the map (main game) servers work fine atm but the shared services are down. With website, vault and the trading post sharing the same server(s). Must be because that ingame stuff also works like a website.

The API also down I guess. Checked the wiki and the prices can't be fetched on an item that usually displaye TP prices. Maybe a database related issue?

Ye, likely these are all web-server based systems and that server seems to be down.

Posted (edited)

I think I have figured out what is causing this behavior for me: the CEF settings in Healix's GW2 Launcher. If deactivated, the in-game browser often doesn't load properly.

Unfortunately, I cannot activate them or ArcDPS won't load. Very strange.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you try clearing the GW2 cache?

Yes, I triedΒ  everything on this pageΒ https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231273908-Troubleshooting-Trading-Post-Wizard-s-Vault-Errors#:~:text=When encountering issues with the,utilized for rendering these features.Β I also tried reinstalling GW2, rolling back router updates, and tried a different device. Nothing changed on my end. Nothing changed on my ISP's end either. I was able to access it fine on 8/1 or 8/2. It has been blank at least as early as 8/6 and remains that way today.

Yes, including the firewall and anti-virus suggestions. I've submitted a support ticket, but they are claiming that the problem is on my ISP's side...but it was working before and my ISP said they haven't changed anything.

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I think I have figured out what is causing this behavior for me: the CEF settings in Healix's GW2 Launcher. If deactivated, the in-game browser often doesn't load properly.

Unfortunately, I cannot activate them or ArcDPS won't load. Very strange.

Ashantara, what CEF settings in gw2launcher are you referring to? The only thing I can find is "Boost the priority of the in-game browser".

I think what I'm experiencing is fundamentally different from you, because the only part of the WV / TP that fails to load for me is the Astral Rewards screen, and no amount loading / reloading / opening the map etc., ever gets it to load. And the only thing I've found that "fixes" it (temporarily, as it turns out) is connecting to the game through a cellular hotspot hosted on my phone. Nonetheless, I'd like to know exactly what options you're referring to so I can try them.

On 8/9/2024 at 11:46 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I wonder if your GW2 install is on a slow SSD, or even a rotational hard drive? I have quite a fast SSD and computer and I think my zone load times are more in the 20 second range most of the time (haven't actually timed them).

The point of my post is that SSDs are relatively cheap right now and you might be able to improve your load times fairly quickly by adding one (OTOH if you don't have an NVMe M.2 slot on your motherboard then you can only get the slower SATA SSDs in which case there may not be so much benefit to be had).

Note that I think this (ie Teknomancer's problem mentioned above) is largely unrelated to the web browser trading post and wizard's vault loading times (that's a problem with GW2's web browser technology).