[Resolved] In-game Browser (CEF) buggy?

3 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

You appear to have missed the "started with Dragon Bash" bit.

I'm not replacing perfectly functioning hardware because ANet doesn't know how to optimize their code.

There ya' go! You show 'em who's boss! Insulting the only people capable of helping you figure out what's going on is a sure path to resolving the issue!

For what it's worth, computer hardware can degrade over time. It's possible that the timing of Dragon Bash was coincidental. If you really are running Guild Wars from a spinning metal hard drive, it may have crossed a threshold of performance degradation to where you're starting to see it.

And seriously, you look at the scale of the game, the scale of everything they've already achieved, the investment in technology and engine upgrades they've done, and come away with the idea that ArenaNet doesn't know how to optimize their code? I think the fact that something is going wrong with your experience is unfortunate, but it doesn't really support your conclusion.

Edited by Malikoth.8470
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/13/2024 at 4:16 PM, Avanju.9561 said:

My astral rewards screen has been borked since last week. Won't load at all. No error message, just a blank screen that lasts literally forever. Everything else seems to be working.

Update. Support had me try running cmd as an admin and doing the ipconfig /flushdns command. That did the trick.

1 hour ago, Avanju.9561 said:

Update. Support had me try running cmd as an admin and doing the ipconfig /flushdns command. That did the trick.

Tip for the future, you can safely execute the following chain:

1. ipconfig /release

2. ipconfig /renew

3. ipconfig /flushdns

• Confused 2

Happening to me as well but its just the Wizard's Vault were you get your points sometimes it loads sometimes it doesn't just a blank brown screen

BLT - wizard vauld rewards and legacy rewards work well

deleted cache and did the cmd commands but still with the issue

https://i.imgur.com/o8kU3B3.png

did gw2 diagnostics and i am getting packet loss on hop 9

reset router and still persits
tried:

1. ipconfig /release

2. ipconfig /renew

3. ipconfig /flushdns

Aside from this everything else works flawless even my in-game ping is below 90 ms

any ideas?

EDIT 1: Tried my phone dataplan and then back to my main connection, problem persists between both networks on my end, still in an inconsistent manner , started to notice this issue exactly after the blocked the api

Added CEF to allow apps didnt work, completely turned off firewalls didnt work .

Edited by Nor.2057

Have the same issue but with the second tab of the wizard's vault. The one with the rewards. All other tabs and the TP work well.

I also tried all the suggestions in this thread but nothing seems to work.

Very annoying when you want to prepare for the reset on tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Aywin.2546 said:

i fixed the bug by changing the internet connection once. Simply connect via the cell phone internet, the next time I restarted via the normal internet, the Vault remained without bugs.

Tried my phone dataplan and then back to my main connection, problem persists between both networks on my end, still in an inconsistent manner , started to notice this issue exactly after the blocked the api

4 hours ago, Nor.2057 said:

Tried my phone dataplan and then back to my main connection, problem persists between both networks on my end, still in an inconsistent manner , started to notice this issue exactly after the blocked the api

Not assuming anything about what you tried, but just going based on my own experience. The first time I turned on my hotspot on my phone and hooked my computer up to it, nothing changed. It turned out it was because the phone was still connected by wifi to the normal house internet. So I presume the hotspot just bridged that to my PC. I had to disable wifi on my phone, and THEN the PC started acting like I was actually on a different network. Any chance you left the wifi enabled on your phone like I did at first?

Hi all,

I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday. Since then the rewards tab of the Wizards Vault won't load for me.

However, the objectives and legacy rewards tabs load fine.

I am at 1300 astral acclaim and sine I can't turn in rewards, I can't complete my dailies any longer.

I have already tried deleting the cache and adding an exception to the firewall as advised here:

Troubleshooting Trading Post & Wizard’s Vault Errors – Guild Wars 2 Support

Does anyone have any ideas?

• Thanks 3

From what I heard it feels like many people are affected by this since yesterday. I did not find out why, just that it does seem to be a diffrent issue than the known TP/WV problems.

I assume (or hope) that even with the JW release this has a very high priority to get fixed. With the upcomming Vault reset most people are "edging" with their astral acclaim, others are finishing up their weekly and special tasks. Considering how much rewards people would lose I can't imagine aNet not fixing this very very soon.
I'm affected too and will reach the 1300 after today's dailies. 😞

Unless it is the 503 error (that we had last time - which also affected the API and trading post) I usually never have bigger problems. The occasional thing where it looks like the design (background/style) is bugged and it won't load the content that fixes itself after closing and opening the vault window again.

Might have been another problem more serious ... a few hours ago. But from just logging in I can confirm that currently it loads fine and wihout any problems. 🙂

• Confused 1

Currently working fine and no problems. (At the time of writing this post.) When there is not a 503 error (like recently) I usually only encounter the problem where the background (layout/design) seems to look bugged + no content is loaded. Closing the window and re-opening it usually fixes the problem immediately.

For the other problems reported here ... I never encountered then. Must only happen at small time invervals and not exist for too long. (Or they are longer but only for specific types of players - like maybe if they have a specifc configuration on their computer like with Ashantara and the CCleaner.)

To me it seems like the small bug for me (when I have to re-open) is when the stuff is not loaded quickly enough?
Could also be cache-related. (Like ... the CCleaner for people that use it ... accidentally deleting cached website files for the ingame browser that regularly get re-used. Like with the visuals/backgrounds. Then it bugging out when it takes too long to load but the game expecting it to load faster.)

1 minute ago, Florimel.8069 said:

This is so frustrating one day before weekly reset.

https://imgur.com/a/0FQksbr

Your screenshot shows a working CEF browser page, though... :classic_huh:

8 hours ago, Xevius.6174 said:

Same Problem here. Hope they will look into it.

Very interesting that I seem to be the only one on this thread who does not have a permanent issue, and has had the issue for weeks. I must conclude that in my case it is indeed connected to the GW2 Launcher/ArcDPS combination.

• Confused 1