Don't remove duoQ

2 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

I appreciate the first not kitten comment here.

Anyways speaking about duoQ up to plat. They tested that some years ago and the result was that most players prefer queuing up with a friend even when that would negatively affect matchmaking.

Well that was some years ago and things might be different today but honestly it still seems the same. This forum is basically always 10 same people complaining about it nonstop. If it would be an insane problem, alot more people would come here and say it. 

Votes from many alts from the players who liked to abuse the system. And since you like that evidence, search it yourself, it's there 😂

• Haha 1

eliminating the DUOQ from the rankeds would save the pvp and the tests are not necessary to even mention them because if you are an active pvp player you would have already realized and if you keep asking for tests, then you do not play ranked to measure yourself against other players and you are only a player who enjoys playing with friends, then I would tell you that your game mode is not ranked, it is unranked. To finish, if we start to think with our "brain" since the DUOQ was implemented, the classification table has gotten worse season after season... how? you would ask yourself. Previously the leaderboard reached up to legend 5 (1800-2300) and currently the top only reaches platinum 3 (1700-1799).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This alt still running wild on the sPvP forums...

Most of the top 10 are in the top 10 because of duo only, but of course you know this.  

Before you go 'mah proof' watch a high-level streamer and how much they complain when the duo isn't carrying hard enough.  It could be a notorious one or it could be some other one, but the proof is very easily accessible on Twitch as to why duo is nothing more than a crutch.

You want to play with friends, then campaign for a duo only Q, not carries in a solo Q.

• Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Mne Malo Tebya.2965 said:

The leaderboard didnt reach to legend 5. You have so few knowledge about pvp in this game and yet you try to fight someone with kitten arguments that has the knowledge. You are so pathetic.

Im playing from 2016 - First season of PvP. In the next photo you can see my first leaderboard after the first 10 matches i obtained Diamond Rank. 

http://imgfz.com/i/mHPC78g.jpeg

then I got rank obsidian (2-3) and stayed at that rank for years. With respect to your comment previously in NA it reached Obsidian rank 8 (but performing a conversion with the present, I estimate it in legend 5).

I forgot to mention that you should pay attention to the minimap and the environment of the photo. This is what the PvP room was like in those golden years of PvP.

Edited by Crackz.5278
  • Like 1

Maybe this is the wrong thread for it but I always wanted multiple leaderboards with their own rewards attached to them. Show individual classes, such as top Guardians, Necro, etc. Top 1 Guard title could be "Paragon God", "Genius God", etc.

A Lone Wolf soloQ only gamemode would make more sense if the above is implemented but... if they don't add additional leaderboards then I don't care if duoQ is removed or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

SoloQ sucks because DuoQ exists because Anet doesn't know how to prevent its abuse. It needed to be gone 10 years ago. 

If you don't want Duo removed, then just make Ranked have two modes:

Solo Queue and Flex Queue. You guys who want to queue with your whole family and family dog can go to Flex Queue where you can live life as is and the rest of the people who want a true test of mettle and a non-corrupt ladder can duke it out in Solo Queue

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crackz.5278 said:

Im playing from 2016 - First season of PvP. In the next photo you can see my first leaderboard after the first 10 matches i obtained Diamond Rank.

I'm not sure if you suffer from dementia or you did not play back then. In season 1-4 there wasn't placement matches and you could not achieve this rank by only playing 10 matches.

then I got rank obsidian (2-3) and stayed at that rank for years.

Not quite sure what a obsidian rank is supposed to be? Is it a translation error from spanish? There has never been a ranked divison like that.

but performing a conversion with the present, I estimate it in legend 5).

There also never existed a legend 5 division. It's always been gold/plat/legendary (after season 4) with 3 sub divisions gold 1/2/3...

I forgot to mention that you should pay attention to the minimap and the environment of the photo. This is what the PvP room was like in those golden years of PvP.

The golden years where 5 stack groups would go vs 5 random pug teams in ranked? 😉

Oh and i got a screen aswell 🙂

https://imgur.com/a/al7T8YY

Edit: You guys think Helio is the biggest gatekeeper for leaderboard titles. Actually its CMC: https://imgur.com/a/R5hpYbh

Edited by notamain.2839
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

So removing F2P accounts from accessing the ranked matches should be done, as well as stopping the duo queuing.

Honestly, removing F2P accounts would do very little right now, i while back the gave for free core accouts, like the ones you'd get before HoT. I know ppl that have over 40 of those accounts, since it's the same ppl on top spots since forever that might be the case, and I guess they would not bother buying like 10 more accounts when it's 75% off

Edited by KurtLittleJesus.8139

On 8/9/2024 at 10:54 AM, Firebaall.5127 said:

Duo queuing in a match where others can, and more commonly do, solo queue is a problem.

Solo queing in a team based game is a choice. Solo quers dont seem to understand the game mode was not made for you. 

22 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You're not wrong but I'm almost certain that if I were a new player and got deleted upon stepping into pvp because a plat duo was Godzilla'ing about at 3 AM, I wouldn't think

"Hm, maybe the matchmaker is off I should ask the forums"

Your not wrong but Flowkis response is the answer to this

22 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Splitting hairs. Plat v Newb/casual should never happen at all, but it does, regularly.

I agree with you, keep duo, but limit MMR range so p2 duos face p1/2 enemy.. their advantedge would massively deminish.

Also like I have said 100 times before every1 is made about the wrong thing. Spvp was not made for solo ques, it was not made for duos. It was made for full 5 man premades and meant to be interacted with on an e sport level. I dont understand solo quers wanting to be alone in a game mode that was literally designed for the opsiite - but I wont pretend like its not being asked for. REMOVE UNRANKED, add PERMA 2V2 AND 3V3 QUES FOR TEAM TWO LEADER BOARDS. 1 FOR SOLO QUES AND 1 FOR DUOS AND TRIOS. Make the titles the same and call it a day. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Solo queing in a team based game is a choice. Solo quers dont seem to understand the game mode was not made for you. 

Your not wrong but Flowkis response is the answer to this

Also like I have said 100 times before every1 is made about the wrong thing. Spvp was not made for solo ques, it was not made for duos. It was made for full 5 man premades and meant to be interacted with on an e sport level. I dont understand solo quers wanting to be alone in a game mode that was literally designed for the opsiite - but I wont pretend like its not being asked for. REMOVE UNRANKED, add PERMA 2V2 AND 3V3 QUES FOR TEAM TWO LEADER BOARDS. 1 FOR SOLO QUES AND 1 FOR DUOS AND TRIOS. Make the titles the same and call it a day. 

I personally think the average plat is against reducing the MMR range becuase they are scared they might not maintaining plat once their gold farm is gone.. but they dress that fear up as "but que times". There is litterally nothing at all wrong with que times from s3-g3.. plenty of on peak pop for <5 min games. The only reason the plat pop seems so low, and que times for them would be higher with a reduced MMR, is beucase 90% of them have rank anxiety and play minimum games. You just know for a fact that every time they play, they are praying the enemy team has more/lower golds to farm than their team, thats how vets view ranked "who can do the most farm". Its pretty fking sad when you think about it... the title comes first for those people, not the competition.

The best part is, we know that most plats will play fotm roamer/duelest right? Becuase of that, the lower skilled players get absolutely spanked if they try to play similar builds, so they end up degenerating into bunker type builds, or things like DH/WB, where they are garunteed to lay down some dmg and not melt in <10 seconds. If MMR range is locked, skill levels are equal, spec diversity would massively increase across all levels. Full support would be more viable at all levels, including solo, given more equally matched DPS to support. Roamers like vindi would be used more, ele would be used more, even holo.. becuase they won't melt in seconds to a respective p1/2 player they bump into on said roam/duelist.

Ive been put in games with people where I can kill them just using banish/auto attack. Equally, ive been put in games with p2s who know what I'm going to do 5 moves down the line... before even I know what im going to do. These are absolute extremes that should not be happening on a dailys basis, but they do.. and on a game to game basis when off peak.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I personally think the average plat is against reducing the MMR range becuase they are scared they might not maintaining plat once their gold farm is gone.. but they dress that fear up as "but que times". There is litterally nothing at all wrong with que times from s3-g3.. plenty of on peak pop for <5 min games. The only reason the plat pop seems so low, and que times for them would be higher with a reduced MMR, is beucase 90% of them have rank anxiety and play minimum games. You just know for a fact that every time they play, they are praying the enemy team has more/lower golds to farm than their team, thats how vets view ranked "who can do the most farm". Its pretty fking sad when you think about it... the title comes first for those people, not the competition.

The plat/top players you accuse also do alot of scrims vs eachother. They also play mAT's, wAT's or MOTA. How come you can say that they dont play for competition.  "but que times" is a valid argument to prevent killing the ranked population completely. 

Edited by notamain.2839

37 minutes ago, notamain.2839 said:

The plat/top players you accuse also do alot of scrims vs eachother. They also play mAT's, wAT's or MOTA. How come you can say that they dont play for competition.  "but que times" is a valid argument to prevent killing the ranked population completely. 

Those have nothing to do with sPVP, where most plats play minimum games and have aweful game ethos. I say this becuase the amount of times in sPVP, where I have watched plat playerss actively avoid each other, and only kill golds/cap, while letting their own team mates get farmed, tells that story. They are not there for the team, there are reasons for that, mostly the skill gap making playing as a team too risky, but it has bred a very self serving plat playerbase.

I have seen this myself. I played mostly core rev this season, which is a hybrid support, of sorts. My rank with that build is highly dependent on team mates, I spend most of my time ccing people for peeling/damage application, giving team mates stab, and doing dmg where I can. The build is purely luck based, I almost got into plat twise, when the RNG MMR decides to give me the better dps.. and I have fell as low as g1 (almsot silver) with 10-15 loss streak, few wins, another 10-15 loss streak.

I switched to a more selfish duelist build and climbing steadily into g3 now, in-fact the more I ignore my team and just use them as a distraction to cap points.. the more easy the wins are going. That is the problem, which is entirely down to MMR range, roaming/duelist (the most mechanically selfish playstyles) are most optimal. I would continue to play a team, but for almost 2 seasons now, the meta is roam heavy, and the team work is rock bottom. This is litterally to the point I can pick a player up while another is attacking me, and then the person I picked up runs off to "rotate".. and doesn't even help me +1 the guy attacking me. This "solo" culture is entirely on ANet, they have allowed the game to degenerate into this.

Team game?..

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I have seen this myself. I played mostly core rev this season, which is a hybrid support, of sorts. My rank with that build is highly dependent on team mates

Playing a garbage build will result in luck of teammates being able to carry you lol.

11 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I switched to a more selfish duelist build and climbing steadily into g3 now, in-fact the more I ignore my team and just use them as a distraction to cap points.. the more easy the wins are going. That is the problem, which is entirely down to MMR range, which makes roaming/duelist (the most mechanically selfish playstyles) most optimal.

Since getting kills is the most important thing about winning matches, ofc high damage roamers with alot mobility to play the map fast, will be most optimal. 

13 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Team game?..

Thats why keeping duoq is so important. You could duo as a support/teamfight dps and be effective together.

2 hours ago, notamain.2839 said:

Playing a garbage build will result in luck of teammates being able to carry you lol.

Since getting kills is the most important thing about winning matches, ofc high damage roamers with alot mobility to play the map fast, will be most optimal. 

Thats why keeping duoq is so important. You could duo as a support/teamfight dps and be effective together.

Rev is by far the strongest hybrid spec you can play, Ive tried them all.. but like all hybrids, it depends on team, just like all full supports.

Most of my games now are just top offence/defence, with occasional +1, Ive seen plenty of thrown games with people fighting off points, farming kills, but losing with no cap.

Why should I have to Q as a duo to be remotely effective as a support? That right there is a direct result of full supports being fed low golds vs plats dps, which cannot be carried.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

the myth, the legend, how could I forget? 😂

I kinda wanna know what the pvp system is still
any guesses?

notamain = i am a ton(N)

Edited by Last Crab.6054
it's an anagram lol
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, notamain.2839 said:

never change a running system

Come on now, you can't possibly try to insinuate that sPvP is a running system with its atrocious standing population and wanton win trading. There's a huge reason why sPvP is not popular in Gw2 and if a system change can improve this, it deserves a shot. Even WvW's sorry state is more of a running system than sPvP and WvW state is volatile as heck. 

Edited by Jobber.6348
  • Like 1