Update on Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds Homesteads Features

As a fashion enthusiast, the character statues along with the alt characters in homesteads were my most anticipated features so that's a shame but better than it being released while being incomplete or not functioning correctly. I don't have home instance nodes so the early bulk gathering feature doesn't affect me but I understand that the majority of people will get more use out of that and it's the greatest good for the greatest number.

Just wondering though if the character statues will also display backpieces and infusions? Infusions and especially backpieces are huge defining features of my characters' looks. Not only that but I kind of wanted to use the toy-shell/stone skin infusions to make the statues look like actual statues carved out of wood/stone, or the snow diamond infusion to make ice sculptures.

I know infusions and backpieces behave differently to armour skins in the game such as them not appearing in the character select screen, so I'm really concerned they aren't going to display on statues or alt characters in the homesteads either. If extra time is being put into them would there be any way to possibly make backpieces display on them at the very least, if they aren't already 🙏

• Like 3

On 8/16/2024 at 1:47 PM, Odinius.9826 said:

Can we get a portrait to hang on our wall using the same tech as showing another players head when right-clicking them?

Changing appearance on what you look like at entering. 

Honestly, it would be kind of cool to be able to do that to OTHER toons - have a consumable called Contract Portrait Artist, use it, click on another character, they get a popup "BlahBlah would like to take your portrait" with a yes/no.  If consented, it gives you a decoration item in your inventory with their headshot (optional upgrade: full body character-panel style shot) to put up on the wall of your homestead or guild hall.  Maybe even add achievements to have 20, 50, 100 portraits, and similar achieve's for characters whose portraits are taken by many adoring fans.  Maybe even an ascended version that is Contract Sculptor to make a bust/full statue.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 2:20 AM, PeLi.5498 said:

Whats the utility of houses?

Already there's a few:

• lots of people just WANT their own space to decorate, etc.  That is utility to them.
  • XP bonus - they've already stated that resting there gives characters a rested bonus like Arborstone and WizTower, but higher; the highest resting xp buff in game.
  • Easy collection: the collection box is a big time/hassle saver; to be able to hit ONE node and get ALL the gathers from your home instance by itself is huge.  Lots of people do that every day.
  • Like 3