Today's Supply Drop post: is there a typo or not?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-guild-wars-2-janthir-wilds-with-a-new-supply-drop-mount-collection-and-more/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEwIZZleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHfGZzYdLuKhtbT4YfUk5zHKWgybf-nxLa8qkHtUTh8cOeixG2cOXRl8FqA_aem_W-FTndhPJrrXXrog-7FbBg

Janthir Wilds Expedition Contract*

*The Secrets of the Obscure Expedition Contract will be available for purchase at a later date.

Anet, is this a typo? Did you intend to say that the JW Contract will be available for purchase as a standalone item at a later date, as expected? Or, if this is intentional and a SoTO contract is indeed coming, can we expect a JW Contract to be released as a standalone item at a later date? Need some clarification on this. @Rubi Bayer.8493

• Confused 1

It does look like a typo.

It's possible it's there to stop people assuming we'll never get a SotO expedition contract because we haven't got one yet and now JW is coming out, but I can't remember anyone asking about it and EoD is the only expansion which does have one so it's not exactly unusual. But it's possible someone at Anet realised it was 'missing' and thinks this is a problem so they are intending to release one later.

(Personally I think the selection is a bit random and it would make sense to have them for all the expansions and LW seasons, and ideally also have a way to pause or stop the mail, but then I don't own any of them so it's not a big deal for me.)

It does not seem like a typo - in my opinion. Would not make sense to refer "for purchas at a later date" for an item you actually can purchases now (though as part of the supply drop not as a single purchase). Otherwise they should have explicitely stated that the (if it were for JW) would be available for single purchase later. I think they did not do so for past items. Like some emote that I think came with the previous expansion (SotO supply drop) - that got available as single purchase later.

This is probably to indicate that they skipped SotO but it has not been forgotten. (Might want to still wait a bit - this likely will give access to mats needed in the legendary armor making it easier to "passively" get it by just farming the expedition contract. They might want to not give it out tooo early lol.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Very happy to share that this is not a typo! We've seen people asking for a SotO Expedition Contract to round out their collection and want to let you know that it's coming in an October game update. 

Thanks for the info.

What about JW's Expedition contract as a standalone purchase? Will it be available tomorrow, or only at a later date?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Very happy to share that this is not a typo! We've seen people asking for a SotO Expedition Contract to round out their collection and want to let you know that it's coming in an October game update. 

Awesome! As someone that bought every Expedition Contract, I felt that it wasn't complete without the SotO one!

• Like 2