I am in awe

Really. Just wanted to say that. After EoD I felt disappoimted, SotO made me reconsider if this game is worth playing. I gave this x-pac a chance, four hours of gameplay and I am still stunned by the beautiful combination of scenery and music. I was a fan of the base game soundtrack, beyond that, not so much. There were some nice songs but nothing comparable to Jeremy Soule masterpieces. Some of the songs remind me of the Witcher, some of the Plague Tale, but I got literal shivers when i got hit by Dune like chorus. Amazing. Just amazing. 

Skins, OMG. Someone at ANet must have a blast with Elden Ring or other Souls game. Becouse skins remind me so much of souls like style. And I absolutly love it. Can't wait to mix and match my new charr tarnished. Just look at the new voult shoulders and chromatic helmet. It is iconic.

Spear is also fun to play, but for now I only toyed with it for like 10 mins so not much to say. 

As title said. I am in awe. Now I feel the pressure to skip job tho just to dive in again. Thanks for giving me hope for this game again. 

Edit P.S: On a side note I want to also mention great kodans textures as well as warclaw textures and "animations"? I am pretty sure warclaw moves somehow diffrently. Story seems to be solid for now too. I liked hearing the news from all the places we been to. Kinda hoped for Zojja reunion with the rest of Destiny Edge there, that would be so awesome. Than again I not so far away in the story and there are more comming, so maybe one day, even if only for a one final dance and goodbyes, I would love to see them reunited. 

P.S.2 Mild spoiler ahead.

Frode mentioned fractal inhabitants that the Ward want to release to Tyria. Does it mean Tyria is getting kind of multiverse treatment? Like Eir comming to life or few versions of Rytlock? Or maybe asura pc will be able to meet with their evil alter ego from story? Wonder what this fractals mean for the world overall.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I've criticsed map design and storytelling before. Not this time. The first map is equal if not surpasses some of their best work in places. Landscape, village (open world outpost yay!), geographical placements, event storytelling - pretty much perfect

Well done, an outstanding start (ps more fishing nodes in the river at the village please!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Meridian.4983 said:

The opening map is absolutely beautiful! In the short time I've had to play so far, the views are amazing from everywhere!

I really can't wait to see the day/night cycles and find all the hidden spots.

look up during the night time!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I've criticsed map design and storytelling before. Not this time. The first map is equal if not surpasses some of their best work in places. Landscape, village (open world outpost yay!), geographical placements, event storytelling - pretty much perfect

Yes, completely agree.

Only the Astral Ward Moon Camp doesn’t fit in at all. But well, we do know the Astral Ward just doesn't like "subtle". 😉